Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Paukea

Vs Morton

Recommended Posts

After McCall claimed this weeks starting line up will solely be chosen  on “who trains the best” it will be interesting to see how we line up.

They haven’t won away while we haven’t won at home

Is it too early to declare a “must win”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Paukea said:

After McCall claimed this weeks starting line up will solely be chosen  on “who trains the best” it will be interesting to see how we line up.

They haven’t won away while we haven’t won at home

Is it too early to declare a “must win”

I dont thinking too early to declare a must win. Both our next two games are must win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to get enthused for this considering our abysmal home form but yes, I feel it is a must win game. However that means nothing in this league as it’s all down to how Thistle and the opposition perform. We have been shite at home in the last few games. Morton looked shite at Dundee and also got a 6 goal hounding at Tannadice.

The moveable object meets the stoppable force in terms of respective home and away form. Sadly I’m at the stage of thinking if we score first that won’t be enough enough to win the game and if the opposition score we will struggle to get back into the game. That 8 minute spell at Cappielow seems to have affected the players. 

In terms of our league position it’s definitely a must win game.

In terms of the players and indeed the fans’ confidence it’s a must win too. 

Will it be Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde that turns up on the day for Thistle though?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to early to say it is a must win game. We haven't won a home league game for 6 months. As i have said on other posts,the first of 4 games in a row we should be expecting to win. Time to get the McCall revival  started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not  a prediction.....

but Thistle 1 Morton 2

wouldn't surprise me.

Thistle 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 Morton 0

would surprise me.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to ditch the approach of starting two wide men in Cardle and Zanatta, as it leaves Miller isolated, while Miller's prone to dropping deep, leaving no one upfront.

They both give away possession too easily and put us on the back foot.

I would also shake up the back four - starting O'Ware and Hall together - can't be much worse than McGinty and Saunders.

I would try :

Fox (or Sneddon) - as people have said, least of our worries

Kakay    O'Ware    Hall     Penrice

Slater (roving role)   Cole (if fit)    Bannigan     Cardle (with Zanatta coming on)

Mansell (not ideal)   Miller

Not convinced we can rely on younger guys like Palmer and Gordon at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cults Jag said:

I think we need to ditch the approach of starting two wide men in Cardle and Zanatta, as it leaves Miller isolated, while Miller's prone to dropping deep, leaving no one upfront.

They both give away possession too easily and put us on the back foot.

I would also shake up the back four - starting O'Ware and Hall together - can't be much worse than McGinty and Saunders.

I would try :

Fox (or Sneddon) - as people have said, least of our worries

Kakay    O'Ware    Hall     Penrice

Slater (roving role)   Cole (if fit)    Bannigan     Cardle (with Zanatta coming on)

Mansell (not ideal)   Miller

Not convinced we can rely on younger guys like Palmer and Gordon at this time.

No matter how warranted a dropping I don't think we'll see the left sided McGinty replaced by the 22 year old right sided Hall.

Regardless, I think it's almost impossible to select a starting eleven based on our last two Saturday defeats. Even with someone like Gordon, who's been poor, you could argue the team played no better after he was replaced at Ayr. I sense most of the starting eleven will be chosen above all by attitude and fitness.

Tho' he's not been great, starting Zanatta ahead of Mansell to play alongside Miller might be the better option. I say that only based on Dario's previous goalscoring record. If Cardle starts I'd play him left side midfield even if not on a wide role. But as I say it'll be based more on attitude and fitness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping the players are willing to make amends for the last game against the ton at cappielow where we had a horror show of conceding 3 goals in 10 minutes to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont want to put any pressure on the players but tomorrow I would say is a must win game...The longer not winning at home goes on the fans will drift further away ..Be interesting to see the support tomorrow...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Archie doing the pre-match Jagzone interview it was a case of deja vu. Depressing! Hopefully we can start the upward curve today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

As we can’t get a point at home and they can’t get a point away, I’m going to predict Match Abandoned.

Whats the weather forecast ?

Somebody on P&B described it as likely to be the football equivalent of two drunks slugging it out in the chippy after closing time.

I'm not expecting it to be as exciting as that frankly, though I thought it was a great analogy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Somebody on P&B described it as likely to be the football equivalent of two drunks slugging it out in the chippy after closing time.

I'm not expecting it to be as exciting as that frankly, though I thought it was a great analogy.

Saw two old roasters going toe to toe in my local Indian last night...hilarious but strangely sad at the same time ...hope we don’t have the same emotions come 4 50 tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no idea what to expect in terms of a result today; it’s clear our squad isn’t good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×