Kevin Nisbet

Bobbyhouston

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

This.

The cynic in me (all of me really) reckons he would never made a Scotland squad had our purported bid last year been successful.

Instead we spunked money on Coulibaly - how did that go again?

Not sure I understand this, BR. Unless you know differently I don't think the timeline supports what you're insinuating. Our first bid for Shankland, which would have been a record bid from us was knocked back by McCall/Ayr. Subsequently there's no club in our division that could afford to sign Shankland.  

16 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not sure I understand this, BR. Unless you know differently I don't think the timeline supports what you're insinuating. Our first bid for Shankland, which would have been a record bid from us was knocked back by McCall/Ayr. Subsequently there's no club in our division that could afford to sign Shankland.  

Apart from Dundee United?

41 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

He has scored more goals than the rest of our player's put together

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

No wonder with a name like that lol 

Meaning what precisely? 

I didn't see this comment when it was first posted but my attention has subsequently been drawn to it. 

You are in very dangerous waters here. 

26 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I said afford him. United were running at 130% wages to turnover prior to Shankland signing. They're taking a hell of a gamble on gaining promotion and him staying fit.

They are taking a gamble, I understand he got roughly 200k signing on fee with high wages , they’ll get their money back easily as I don’t think he’ll be there in 3 years time and go for a decent transfer fee and their aim of getting promotion will probably have happened.

How much money has our Club wasted the last 2 years , paying off players and managers , we had roughly £1 million floating around between parachute payments and UEFA payments , I’ve got to disagree a little bit , at least investing in a player like Shankland there should be value there at some point, instead we’ve went down the road of paying Kenny Miller decent wages with no chance of getting any real value back because of his age .

Edited by jlsarmy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Sad but true. I used to get asked'who do you really support, Rangers or Celtic'. My reply i am a Partick Thistle supporter and dislike them both in equal measures.

I shared a flat with a Celtic fan and he watched me heading to Firhill and traipsing around the country during that time, one night after about 6 years in the flat we're speaking about football and he says to me.  So, who do you really support?

He's still a mate but I couldn't believe what he was asking.