Kevin Nisbet

Bobbyhouston

4 hours ago, sb1876 said:

I shared a flat with a Celtic fan and he watched me heading to Firhill and traipsing around the country during that time, one night after about 6 years in the flat we're speaking about football and he says to me.  So, who do you really support?

He's still a mate but I couldn't believe what he was asking.

Just like the media, Sevco and Celtic fans don't realise there are other teams in Scotland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Just like the media, Sevco and Celtic fans don't realise there are other teams in Scotland.

Not just the media.

Those of you who know me in real life are aware that I work abroad. The question I always get asked after confirming my home town is 'which team do you support?' By now my response is 'there are five teams in Glasgow - name the other three.'

In making that point, it always ensures they leave the conversation better informed than when they arrived.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not just the media.

Those of you who know me in real life are aware that I work abroad. The question I always get asked after confirming my home town is 'which team do you support?' By now my response is 'there are five teams in Glasgow - name the other three.'

In making that point, it always ensures they leave the conversation better informed than when they arrived.

Good BR, spreading the Thistle word worldwide.:thumbsup2:

54 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not just the media.

Hope I am not making a clanger here - but are Clyde still in Glasgow ?

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

Now Barney, I guess you are just trying to make a recovery, and I am not trying to minimise the point you make in your conversations, but if you are going to include the Juniors, there are a more than 5 teams in Glasgow.

Not at all, I was being flippant LJ.

I always include Clyde as one of the five, even although by a number of metrics they could be seen as dubious.

That said, if Pollok/Petershill/Maryhill Juniours did an Auchinleck and eliminated a top level team then we may have to include them perforce.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, Auld Jag said:

Sad but true. I used to get asked'who do you really support, Rangers or Celtic'. My reply i am a Partick Thistle supporter and dislike them both in equal measures.

Coincidentally I was asked this question today. I was watching my grandson - a very good goalkeeper--playing  for his school team. I got to talking to a parent of one of my grandson's team mates and whom I learned was an Aberdeen season ticket holder. 

Recognising my West Coast accent he asked the question. 

My answer was "I am a life-long Partick Thistle Supporter and I don't care who beats Rangers or Celtic (or Clyde)" . 

11 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Coincidentally I was asked this question today. I was watching my grandson - a very good goalkeeper--playing  for his school team. I got to talking to a parent of one of my grandson's team mates and whom I learned was an Aberdeen season ticket holder. 

My answer was "I am a life-long Partick Thistle Supporter and I don't care who beats Rangers or Celtic (or Clyde)" . 

Slowly but surely, lets get the message out there. There is more than 2 teams in Glasgow.:happy2::fan:

19 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I am happy for any Scottish team to beat them. However, when they are playing in European competition, I like to see them win.