Penicuik

javeajag

I don't know about that Thisal - I have a sentimental attachment to the old stand. It's a far better place to watch the game from, in my opinion, than the JLS.

My earliest games were all viewed from there as I wasn't deemed old enough to go on the terracing on my own (still not sure I'm adult enough for that, but there you are).

Aaaah, that nostalgic aroma of Bovril, onion bridies, and (ahem) old men's pipes! Takes me back.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
usual typo!
  • Like 2

I think the Main Stand is fine as long as not nearly full when too many seats have restricted view. Probably on par with the stand we got put in at Tannadice. Better than the side stand at Dens and the away stand at Palmerston. And it seems positively state of the art in comparison to that ridiculous apology at Cappielow.

1 hour ago, douglas clark said:

Anyone else remember the enclosure? Memory isn't what it was, but I think I saw most of my early days of supporting this club in there. Until we found our own, personal staunchion across the park. We were ahem, 'a tad annoyed',  if anyone else took it first. Much like our modern season ticket holders!

Myself and Robert used the enclosure until 2012, because that was the only place wheelchair users could go. After that we were able to use the North stand , which is much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think the Main Stand is fine as long as not nearly full when too many seats have restricted view. Probably on par with the stand we got put in at Tannadice. Better than the side stand at Dens and the away stand at Palmerston. And it seems positively state of the art in comparison to that ridiculous apology at Cappielow.

Unfortunately the toilet facilities are a disgrace.

6 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

Y'all look on that stand with very, very thick rose-tinted glasses. Just because it's less of a dump than some other stands in the league doesn't stop it being an awful state of a thing that should be condemned.

What should be done with it? I know, let's demolish it and replace it with.... another bing!

21 hours ago, falklandal1 said:

Unfortunately the toilet facilities are a disgrace.

Better or worse than the trough that ran along the top of the JHS back in the day?

My two biggest memories of going to firhill in the late 60's were:

1) Getting a lift over the turnstile to get in for nothing

2) The second half flow of urine that rolled down the steps of the old stand

:fan:

2 hours ago, thistle4celtic1 said:

Better or worse than the trough that ran along the top of the JHS back in the day?

My two biggest memories of going to firhill in the late 60's were:

1) Getting a lift over the turnstile to get in for nothing

2) The second half flow of urine that rolled down the steps of the old stand

:fan:

Nowadays we just have a flow of urine on the pitch and jobby on the touchline!