Who’s all going to Stenny

Bobbyhouston

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Aye - we can be relied upon to be out before the semis.

(Sorry Allyo - couldn't resist...........)

:) Fair enough.

But considering how crap we've been over the last 2 or 3 seasons, our results in the cups have been pretty decent, really only losing when we end up facing the bigger clubs.

Stenny couldn't cope with the pace of our front three of Cardle, Miller & Harkins. :)

Didn't come away from the game exactly too chuffed but at the same time there were a few positives. On the minus side we were well on top in the first half with not enough goals to show for it. Then we lost all momentum after the interval, more or less from the kick off, and I doubt any of us were shocked when they scored.

A major positive for me was the way we reacted to the equaliser. Under Caldwell I sense we'd have struggled even to take the game to penalties. Today losing the goal spurred us into action. Wee bit concerned that was necessary in the first place but even so.

• Thanks 1

Got to say I thought that a 4-1 scoreline hugely flattered us today and that in the final analysis our victory was in no small measure due to the nous of the two oldest players on the pitch: namely Harkins and Miller. Apart from them I’d say Penrice and  Slater had praiseworthy games. The remainder being bang average at best.

Still it was a decent win and as they say on the telly they performed professionally and got the job done

4 hours ago, stillresigned said:

Got to say I thought that a 4-1 scoreline hugely flattered us today and that in the final analysis our victory was in no small measure due to the nous of the two oldest players on the pitch: namely Harkins and Miller. Apart from them I’d say Penrice and  Slater had praiseworthy games. The remainder being bang average at best.

Still it was a decent win and as they say on the telly they performed professionally and got the job done

I thought that Cole had a very good first half, but his form shaded off after the break.

12 hours ago, fenski said:

I don't think the score flattered us. The goals just took longer to come. We ran them ragged apart from the 20 mins before they scored.

You're probably right but I felt had they not scored we wouldn't have added to the score either. We'd reverted to that too familiar lethargic mood. Don't think it's a case of glass half full/glass half empty, more realism. We ran out worthy winners but at the same time we turned off for roughly a quarter of the game. Against league opponents we most likely would've been  made to pay. DP sums it up well "unconvincingly convincing".