Tunnocks Cup Semi Final

Paukea

Just back from that.

Once again, toothless,clueless and no urgency at all - except the last 5 mins - what was all that about?

Raith thoroughly deserved it, 2-1 flatters us- should have been at least 4-1.

Still too much deadwood and journeymen in the team. Massive clearout needed for the First Division campaign next season.

Only players with pass marks were O'Conner, Penrice, Graham and Fox. Shea Gordon was passible and has a reasonable excuse that he's just getting up to speed after injury. All the rest were terrible.

God knows whats happened to Reece Cole but his performances have fallen off a cliff since December. Bannigan huffed and puffed but playing him in front of the defence isn't doing him or the defence any favours. Cardle over played pretty much everything he did with the exception of the cross for our goal.

Our play has got really lazy. We are just lumping balls up to Graham and hoping for the best. The whole point of having a player like  Graham is to get the ball into him from the wings so he can attack it.

O'ware and Saunders really needed someone like MacKinnon in front of them. O'Ware should be dropped after tonight to at least give him a wake up call but unless Mayo is fit its hard to see who else can partner Brownlie.

First time I've seen Myth Austin and I hope its the last. Looked like Graham was going mad at him at the end and rightly so. For a winger he really didn't want to take the ball out wide or take anyone on. Jones and Mansell aren't good enough for championship football.

Raith weren't any spectactular, our inability to put them under pressure made them look like a good team. In the last 10 minutes when we did put them under pressure we could have scored 3 but if you only put teams under pressure for 10 minutes out of 90 its not going to end well.

• Like 1

Just back from that..

I have seen a lot of bad Thistle teams in nearly 60 years but that performance tonight and over the last few months has got to be the worst....McCall said after Saturday s game he picked the wrong team ,even with changes tonight we played as bad as we did on Saturday.... I can't see anything else but league 1 next season...

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just back from that..

I have seen a lot of bad Thistle teams in nearly 60 years but that performance tonight and over the last few months has got to be the worst....McCall said after Saturday s game he picked the wrong team ,even with changes tonight we played as bad as we did on Saturday.... I can't see anything else but league 1 next season...

Echo this.  I have seen a lot of bad Thistle players in my time but despite that they gave 100%.  This current crop are woeful and give next to nothing %.

Just in. Not a lot more to add. Graham about the only one with pass Mark's. Defensively a shambles and same goes for midfield. Austin and Jones hopeless as was cardle. O'connor barely got over the half way line. May have been tactical. I have no idea where we go from here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just back from that..

Also just in. Agree with everything you say J McD.  Team didn't look bothered until we scored. To little far to late. If Caldwell was still manager there would be calls for his head, also what has happened to Cole, we all wanted him to extend his loan but he is a  shadow of the player he was. Once again very disappointing to see so many leave the John Lambie stand when they scored their second.

Edited by Auld Jag

Watched it on the telly ( did nt' want to abandon the wife on Valentines Day).

Piss poor- really bad. They are too anxious going forward, wanting to play the killer pass too soon. I appreciate that comes from pressure , but as professionals they should have practiced moves often enough that they become natural.

On the telly you get a closer look at their faces. Penrice, Graham, Banzo , Gordon and O'Conner  were the only ones that really looked liked they cared and that the result hurt. Mansell did well for the goal and it was a decent cross by Joe.

If Austin is so bloody fast, why does he not chase back when he loses possession?

Really worried now that we will be relegated .

16 minutes ago, laukat said:

Only players with pass marks were O'Conner, Penrice, Graham and Fox. Shea Gordon was passible and has a reasonable excuse that he's just getting up to speed after injury. All the rest were terrible.

God knows whats happened to Reece Cole but his performances have fallen off a cliff since December. Bannigan huffed and puffed but playing him in front of the defence isn't doing him or the defence any favours. Cardle over played pretty much everything he did with the exception of the cross for our goal.

Our play has got really lazy. We are just lumping balls up to Graham and hoping for the best. The whole point of having a player like  Graham is to get the ball into him from the wings so he can attack it.

O'ware and Saunders really needed someone like MacKinnon in front of them. O'Ware should be dropped after tonight to at least give him a wake up call but unless Mayo is fit its hard to see who else can partner Brownlie.

First time I've seen Myth Austin and I hope its the last. Looked like Graham was going mad at him at the end and rightly so. For a winger he really didn't want to take the ball out wide or take anyone on. Jones and Mansell aren't good enough for championship football.

Raith weren't any spectactular, our inability to put them under pressure made them look like a good team. In the last 10 minutes when we did put them under pressure we could have scored 3 but if you only put teams under pressure for 10 minutes out of 90 its not going to end well.

Fox gets pass marks? Dear god we are in an even worse shape than realised if that absolute imposter is getting pass marks. 

1 minute ago, dl1971 said:

Just in. Not a lot more to add. Graham about the only one with pass Mark's. Defensively a shambles and same goes for midfield. Austin and Jones hopeless as was cardle. O'connor barely got over the half way line. May have been tactical. I have no idea where we go from here. 

I'm not sure that McCall does either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Fox gets pass marks? Dear god we are in an even worse shape than realised if that absolute imposter is getting pass marks. 

Fox pulled off two really good saves in the second half that kept the score down. Both goals we lost tonight were due to the comedy double act in central defence

The second goal was laughable poor defending from about  4 of our players with not one of them getting anywhere near to a raith player.

Just now, laukat said:

Fox pulled off two really good saves in the second half that kept the score down. Both goals we lost tonight were due to the comedy double act in central defence

The second goal was laughable poor defending from about  4 of our players with not one of them getting anywhere near to a raith player.

The way I saw it too.

Fox gets a bad rap on here.

Buffon and De Gea could both be in goal at the same time at the City End, but if O'Ware is one of the defenders in front of them , two goals will be conceded. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Just back from that..

This reminds me of the team that were under Britton/whyte and campbell from first division to second- lack of fight, interest etc

31 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Echo this.  I have seen a lot of bad Thistle players in my time but despite that they gave 100%.  This current crop are woeful and give next to nothing %.

Exactly.

Who on that pitch is capable of getting fired in to their own team mates?

I think maybe Graham.

The rest of them seem to run about like mice.

I would literally feel like fighting my own team if I had to play with that lot.