Community Training Facility

javeajag

31 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

On another level, I think it's really disappointing that Davie McParland and his family were told that the proposed training ground would bare his name and that this is no longer going to happen. It feels like we've let them down. I hope that in the fulness of time something will be done about rectifying this.

Given Davie's legacy as a manager was so largely youth orientated, I couldn't have thought of a more fitting tribute to the great man than naming our training ground in his honour. Davie would've known more than most that PTFC have a history of shooting themselves in the foot. He probably wouldn't have been surprised at this let down. Don McVicar's delayed "minute" and John Lambie's delayed testimonial being two examples. 

Something has to be done to celebrate the memory of Davie McParland now and not ten years from now. It also has to be on par with the fitting nature of the original proposal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

What do you suggest @lady-isobel-barnett?

Difficult. I come up short in anything compared to the training ground. Obviously the Academy or the Main Stand are already under the Weir name and both justifiably. Can only think of the Davie McParland Awards Night coupled with trophies in his name. Must be something else?

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Difficult. I come up short in anything compared to the training ground. Obviously the Academy or the Main Stand are already under the Weir name and both justifiably. Can only think of the Davie McParland Awards Night coupled with trophies in his name. Must be something else?

‘tis a tough one.  Something along those lines regards awards?  Build safe standing in bing and rename that?  Something hopefully after promises made to his family.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

I think that any suggestion, no matter how fitting, will seem like a consolation. Who decided to name a project which was still only a concept?

The quotes from his wife at the time just illustrate what a poor show this is:

"When David's health was getting worse, I told him about the club naming the training ground after him. He understood what was happening and that was a comfort for me.

"When Gerry Britton (Thistle's chief executive) came to us with the idea, we were happy.

"The fact David is now buried across the road from where the new training ground will be is almost as if he will be able to keep watch on it all."

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

"When David's health was getting worse, I told him about the club naming the training ground after him. He understood what was happening and that was a comfort for me.

"When Gerry Britton (Thistle's chief executive) came to us with the idea, we were happy.

"The fact David is now buried across the road from where the new training ground will be is almost as if he will be able to keep watch on it all."

The Club by some rhyme or reason have to consult with family and make this right.  Shame on Thistle otherwise.

10 minutes ago, elevenone said:

The Club by some rhyme or reason have to consult with family and make this right.  Shame on Thistle otherwise.

They told the Family of Davie before he passed away - he knew they were naming the Training Ground after him  

In every Stadium Club Legends have Stands named after them - CLUB LEGENDS 

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

Bloody Hell - you have to be Kidding .............

This is embarrassing - those involved with telling his Wife should be ashamed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Its nonsense the Main Stand  is not named after him complete Nonsense  No other Club would tolerate this - LEGENDS have there name on Stands - No one Else  

• Like 2

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Why are you SOOOO determined to deflect Board Decisions  onto an Employee who does what he is told ?]

That was a Board Decision they are responsible not Gerry B 

“Those involved with telling his wife should be ashamed “

That was your quote 

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

“Those involved with telling his wife should be ashamed “

That was your quote 

FFS whats wrong with you ? An employee is instructed to pass on a decision to someone - is he responsible 

Why are you see obsessed about trying to deflect responsibility onto an Employee ? Telling obviously means those making the decision - then deciding to tell his Wife 

The Communications Channel is irrelevant

So back to the position - its embarrassing for the Club and yet another PR Faisco in the Dools Mode 

5 minutes ago, Jag said:

FFS. Here we go again.

This.  Despite being polar opposites I respect both Jordanhill Jag and jlsarmy opinions and arguments on here but c’mon guys not on this thread.  Simple fact is club told Davie’s family and him about naming of training ground therefore as this is not now happening the club must consult with them and make good as best they can.

• Like 2

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

FFS whats wrong with you ? An employee is instructed to pass on a decision to someone - is he responsible 

Why are you see obsessed about trying to deflect responsibility onto an Employee ? Telling obviously means those making the decision - then deciding to tell his Wife 

The Communications Channel is irrelevant

So back to the position - its embarrassing for the Club and yet another PR Faisco in the Dools Mode 

JJ , you’re absolutely right re naming the stand , it should be named after legends ( Lambie and Mcparland ) 

You know GB , he’ll tell you himself he was as culpable as the others re Kris Doolan

If you’re a CEO of a Company, you’re maybe slightly more than an employee as such , more decisions on a day to day basis and if things don’t go right then the bucks stops at the CEO

If not , why not just call GB office manager ?