Community Training Facility

javeajag

57 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

JJ , you’re absolutely right re naming the stand , it should be named after legends ( Lambie and Mcparland ) 

You know GB , he’ll tell you himself he was as culpable as the others re Kris Doolan

If you’re a CEO of a Company, you’re maybe slightly more than an employee as such , more decisions on a day to day basis and if things don’t go right then the bucks stops at the CEO

If not , why not just call GB office manager ?

The CEO of a Company normally sits on the Board - He Runs the Company and the Board are answerable to him - the Chairman is normally a Non Exec Position 

Gerry isnt a CEO in any shape or form - he is a General Manager - he takes instructions from the Board of Directors as an employee - the PR  management of Doolan wasnt Gerrys we had a PR Expert as Chairman at the time - Gerry is a Football Guy not a PR expert 

So Gerry is a Manager - nothing more this is on the Former Board - stop defending them     

13 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The CEO of a Company normally sits on the Board - He Runs the Company and the Board are answerable to him - the Chairman is normally a Non Exec Position 

Gerry isnt a CEO in any shape or form - he is a General Manager - he takes instructions from the Board of Directors as an employee - the PR  management of Doolan wasnt Gerrys we had a PR Expert as Chairman at the time - Gerry is a Football Guy not a PR expert 

So Gerry is a Manager - nothing more this is on the Former Board - stop defending them     

Think GB will be happy he’s only the general manager and not the CEO !

You didn’t have to be a PR expert to know that Dools treatment was disgusting.

I’m not defending any of the last couple of Boards, they both made huge mistakes re the managers , Beattie should have changed Archie when we were struggling in the SPFL and also after relegation.

Caldwell should have never been appointed at all by JLow and her directors.

Time will tell whether David Beattie chased the money or it was in the best interests of our Club.

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Given Davie's legacy as a manager was so largely youth orientated, I couldn't have thought of a more fitting tribute to the great man than naming our training ground in his honour. Davie would've known more than most that PTFC have a history of shooting themselves in the foot. He probably wouldn't have been surprised at this let down. Don McVicar's delayed "minute" and John Lambie's delayed testimonial being two examples. 

Something has to be done to celebrate the memory of Davie McParland now and not ten years from now. It also has to be on par with the fitting nature of the original proposal.

Correct. In fact I think I remember that Davie McP resign as manager because the then PTFC board reneged on an agreement to keep Hugh Strachan on as a coach when he retired from playing.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Think GB will be happy he’s only the general manager and not the CEO !

You didn’t have to be a PR expert to know that Dools treatment was disgusting.

I’m not defending any of the last couple of Boards, they both made huge mistakes re the managers , Beattie should have changed Archie when we were struggling in the SPFL and also after relegation.

Caldwell should have never been appointed at all by JLow and her directors.

Time will tell whether David Beattie chased the money or it was in the best interests of our Club.

Gerry is not a CEO by any recognizable measure of that role - A Board  Reports to the CEO not the other way round - therefore he is a General Manager - nothing more 

Beattie is one shareholder with circa 4% shares - there were 55% who sold it was a joint decision - there will be many and varied reasons for selling- but it was a block Sales  and if the Majority wished to sell-he others fell in line with that - do I believe it was the best thing fir the Club - No 

I do not believe there is a demand for Fan Ownership - No - TFE had no support - nor did the Thistle Trust 

- if I had a choice between the Last Board and the Consortium - I choose the Consortium -

My preference was the Board under Beattie remained 

But we are where we are - however I have stated and will state again to all those who had a Big Anti David Beattie obsession and were telling us that Fan Ownership and our Patron Colin Weir is the Saviour of the Club - be careful what you wish for as you may just get it 

This is not a good thing for PTFC - and I say that as someone who has invested a lot of time - energy and a fair amount of cash over the Years and has had a long number of Years of experience in the detailed workings of the Club  

Lets just see what happens as to reality versus what we end up with 

The one thing that dominated in all my Years being involved in the Club was Cashflow and Budgets - and to those thinking its going to be Motherwell - as Norge as pointed out - No its Not 

TFE - the Thistle Trust pushed this - 3BC also - so lets see where we end up  and with whom 

17 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The CEO is accountable to the Board , they appoint him/her .

No training facility is bad news for all players and coaches at the club.

It's going to feel like a slap in the face to the family of Davie MacParland.

It's another example of PR bullshit that the club did for 2 years totally over promising all involved.

I'd have prefered the old board and training facility.  It all went tits up when we named the stand for mr weir.

• Like 1