Fan Ownership

scotty

3 hours ago, scotty said:

Would be helpful if you could expand on this. (the bit about keeping the shares seperate not this thread as that's obvious)

I know it is counter intuitive, as there are many benefits I am sure in merging the pots of shares as Pinhead states above.

However, I do think there are arguments against that also.

It is not for me, or this forum, to decide upon the merits and demerits of those though, and so I will feed my thoughts into consultation when I know more about how to do so.

So basically PTFC will continue as normal to run the club and meet the needs of the shareholders under company law.

Funds will come from the usual revenie sources. Match day tickets/sales, sponsorship, commercial such as hospitality and money from the footballing authorities.

The question mark for me is the structure of the fans trust. It'll have 55% shares minimum. It can receive pledges as mooted by TFE these funds can then go to the club for the likes of Player funds, capital projects or ground improvements where required. 

The Jags Trust have done things like this on a smaller scale. I remember reading they supplied a physiotherapy table for example. 

For me there has to be one fans trust.

What these funds go on is decided by the members. That is one of the main elements of fan ownership.

Then there is the other companies 3BC and Weir Thistle Academy. We even have the PTFC Charitable Trust although I'd assume that would remain independent?

Hopefully we get some news over the coming weeks about what is decided...

17 minutes ago, jagfox said:

For me there has to be one fans trust.

Sorry for the selective quoting but this really stands out.

I believe most of us regularly on forums facebook etc, who are probably better aware of all things PTFC, are still mystified with off field matters behind the scenes. Those fans who don't use these platforms or only fleetingly will be totally bamboozled. For a start try explaining the concept of two trusts to others. I've tried on a couple of occasions but failed miserably, probably even adding more confusion.

Think if we have to have two trusts one should be solely concerned with the politics and the other with fund raising and the social aspect. But ideally one fans trust would surely be preferable.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Sorry for the selective quoting but this really stands out.

I believe most of us regularly on forums facebook etc, who are probably better aware of all things PTFC, are still mystified with off field matters behind the scenes. Those fans who don't use these platforms or only fleetingly will be totally bamboozled. For a start try explaining the concept of two trusts to others. I've tried on a couple of occasions but failed miserably, probably even adding more confusion.

Think if we have to have two trusts one should be solely concerned with the politics and the other with fund raising and the social aspect. But ideally one fans trust would surely be preferable.

We've got 3BC, TFE, Jags Trust, PTFC Trust, Weir Thistle and even PTFC Charitable all as separate entities. 

At least Firhill Developments has seemingly been tidied up?

It's gonna take a lot of work and time just to tidy up these elements. 

The club needs to be united going forward. That just doesnt seem feasible with the current state of affairs.

• Like 2