Fan Ownership

scotty

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

TBC’s priorities for the interim Board in the coming months are to ensure that the management team is supported in the January window and that the Club returns to its previous stability. It has also asked the PTFC Trust and Thistle for Ever group to work together to bring forward a workable model for fan ownership – under a new united banner – that will be developed with input from the Thistle fanbase. This will then be approved by TBC and the Thistle Board prior to the shares being transferred to fan ownership by 30th March 2020 at the latest. If work concludes sooner, the transfer will happen earlier.

I would hope that when an opportunity to contribute comes up as many people as possible take it as for this to be a success we need all parts of the support to be on board with it.

Whoa - what do you mean "previous stability " David Beattie and David Kelly had the place vert very stable on the Park & Off it 

TBC have NO PRIORITIES - 3BC  have NO SAY in the Running of the Club - 3BC are a Shareholder - nothing more 

When did 3BC suddenly get a  say in Running PTFC ? - Who are 3BC beyond owning Shares 

The BOD run PTFC not 3BC  

3BC make No statements regards PTFC on any level - they have No more Rights than me as a Shareholder 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Whoa - what do you mean "previous stability " David Beattie and David Kelly had the place vert very stable on the Park & Off it 

TBC have NO PRIORITIES - 3BC  have NO SAY in the Running of the Club - 3BC are a Shareholder - nothing more 

When did 3BC suddenly get a  say in Running PTFC ? - Who are 3BC beyond owning Shares 

The BOD run PTFC not 3BC  

3BC make No statements regards PTFC on any level - they have No more Rights than me as a Shareholder 

Think they might have slightly more clout than you JJ with their 55% shareholding 

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think they might have slightly more clout than you JJ with their 55% shareholding 

I think you will find that my Rights as a Shareholder are identical to theirs - they can Vote -they can attend the AGM - they can if required draw up the legal document to remove Directors - beyond that they have no more "Clout" than I have - they are  not the "Owners" nor does there majority Shareholding bestow any more rights than any other Shareholder or any position within the Club IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM 

And its legally incumbent upon the Board  of Directors  to fully comply with the Companies Act 

So if anyone thinks otherwise they may want to do some checking - Im honestly hoping some of the rumours flying  about are untrue - ALL decisions are made by the BOD - 3BC do not exist in the structure of PTFC in any shape or form 

3 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Add in the PTFC trust and they have 75%....

Again - PTFC Trust has ZERO to do with 3BC and are answerable to there members 

Are you suggesting that the Trust and 3BC are acting as one Voting Block ? 

And again the Trust only has Votes - at the AGM or to change Directors it has No other position 

9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Again - PTFC Trust has ZERO to do with 3BC and are answerable to there members 

Are you suggesting that the Trust and 3BC are acting as one Voting Block ? 

And again the Trust only has Votes - at the AGM or to change Directors it has No other position 

I think you are missing the reality that a bod are there to look after the interests of shareholders - yes I know all shareholders - and the biggest shareholders get more say .... and directors do represent blocks of shareholders 

this is a small private club not a  plc 

1 hour ago, Springburnjag said:

I think you are missing the reality that a bod are there to look after the interests of shareholders - yes I know all shareholders - and the biggest shareholders get more say .... and directors do represent blocks of shareholders 

this is a small private club not a  plc 

Wow are you really stating that - for the sake of the Board of Directors  I hope that is not in any shape or form what they believe 

The Companies Act does not differentiate between what Shareholders you represent - if the Majority wish to remove the Board as they are not happy they can do so - They Can also write to the Board with written Instructions - the Board can decide what to do - debate it and Vote on it - this should be minuted at the Board Meetings   

If your suggesting that because we are not a PLC that a large Shareholder can hold sway or interfere with the Board your very very wrong and the Club Directors  would be on Thin Ice if they think otherwise - if what your suggesting was to occur that would mean that having a Board is a meaningless exercise as the largest Shareholder is making the decisions - not the BOD ? 

So is that what your suggesting  ? 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

35 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Wow are you really stating that - for the sake of the Board of Directors  I hope that is not in any shape or form what they believe 

The Companies Act does not differentiate between what Shareholders you represent - if the Majority wish to remove the Board as they are not happy they can do so - They Can also write to the Board with written Instructions - the Board can decide what to do - debate it and Vote on it - this should be minuted at the Board Meetings   

If your suggesting that because we are not a PLC that a large Shareholder can hold sway or interfere with the Board your very very wrong and the Club Directors  would be on Thin Ice if they think otherwise - if what your suggesting was to occur that would mean that having a Board is a meaningless exercise as the largest Shareholder is making the decisions - not the BOD ? 

So is that what your suggesting  ? 

Ffs 

individual directors can ‘represent ‘ shareholders on a board 

if the board have 55% of the shares good luck with trying to overturn their decision

have you the funds to take the club to court ?

11 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Ffs 

individual directors can ‘represent ‘ shareholders on a board 

if the board have 55% of the shares good luck with trying to overturn their decision

have you the funds to take the club to court ?

OOFT 

Directors represent Shareholders plural - not a specific Group ? 

The Board dont have 55% of the shares - 3BC have 55% they are not the Board ? or are you trying to argue they are one in the same 

I dont need  to take anyone to Court ? Why would I need to take someone to Court ?  

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

OOFT 

Directors represent Shareholders plural - not a specific Group ? 

The Board dont have 55% of the shares - 3BC have 55% they are not the Board ? or are you trying to argue they are one in the same 

I dont need  to take anyone to Court ? Why would I need to take someone to Court ?  

Yes a director can represent a specific group in a board but still have a Responsibility to all shareholders I’m surprised you don’t know that

no I’m trying to say the obvious that any decision of the board cannot be overturned by shareholders because at least 55% if shareholders would vote against so it won’t happen 

legal action would be the only remedy available  

3 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Yes a director can represent a specific group in a board but still have a Responsibility to all shareholders I’m surprised you don’t know that

no I’m trying to say the obvious that any decision of the board cannot be overturned by shareholders because at least 55% if shareholders would vote against so it won’t happen 

legal action would be the only remedy available  

There are two major reasons why, in my opinion, it is in the best interests of Partick thistle supporters to NOT transfer the ptfc trust shares into a single parcel with the tfe ones and , if anyone will listen, I will make those representations when there is an opportunity to do so. Some of the answers in this thread just prove the point unequivocally though. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jaf said:

There are two major reasons why, in my opinion, it is in the best interests of Partick thistle supporters to NOT transfer the ptfc trust shares into a single parcel with the tfe ones and , if anyone will listen, I will make those representations when there is an opportunity to do so. Some of the answers in this thread just prove the point unequivocally though. 

Would be helpful if you could expand on this. (the bit about keeping the shares seperate not this thread as that's obvious)

Edited by scotty

7 hours ago, jaf said:

I’m not sure tfe have any shares 

I think what has to be recognised here is that a football chat forum is not an appropriate platform from which to run a football club. 

The Weir deal appears to be a great opportunity for the club but it also places a great deal of responsibility on the fans. In this respect, the slightly toxic, sniping, point-scoring atmosphere that the internet appears to create will not be helpful.

We're obviously at a very early stage; but there appears to be a lot of relevant business, legal, financial and management experience here.

I'm hopeful that the right people will step up and engage personally, to take things forward in the most positive way that they see fit, and not be put off before we even get started.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, allyo said:

I think what has to be recognised here is that a football chat forum is not an appropriate platform from which to run a football club. 

The Weir deal appears to be a great opportunity for the club but it also places a great deal of responsibility on the fans. In this respect, the slightly toxic, sniping, point-scoring atmosphere that the internet appears to create will not be helpful.

We're obviously at a very early stage; but there appears to be a lot of relevant business, legal, financial and management experience here.

I'm hopeful that the right people will step up and engage personally, to take things forward in the most positive way that they see fit, and not be put off before we even get started.

Out of likes.

I agree this is a great opportunity, but it’s critical that it’s not squandered.

Transparency is key, as is accountability to the fans if this is to be a true fan run club.  Those running it need to be running it for the fans, not themselves, not a Trust and not 3BC and should be elected by and answerable to the fans first and foremost. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Out of likes.

I agree this is a great opportunity, but it’s critical that it’s not squandered.

Transparency is key, as is accountability to the fans if this is to be a true fan run club.  Those running it need to be running it for the fans, not themselves, not a Trust and not 3BC and should be elected by and answerable to the fans first and foremost. 

As far as I know that’s the plan so let’s hope that’s how it turns out