Jacqui Low

blakey

There appears to be a lot of negativity towards Jacqui Low. I don't really get it. 

I know she presided over the club as we went into a tailspin. She was also instrumental in appointing GC. She also admitted to doing some poor comms over that period but...I think the level of negaitivity towards her is OTT.  Is any of this chauvinistic? 

For example - why is the same level of concern not raised to Gerry B? He has presided over the club for a similar/longer period. I have no axe to grind with Gerry.

BTW - I am not Jacqui or her family...have met her once. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, blakey said:

There appears to be a lot of negativity towards Jacqui Low. I don't really get it. 

I know she presided over the club as we went into a tailspin. She was also instrumental in appointing GC. She also admitted to doing some poor comms over that period but...I think the level of negaitivity towards her is OTT.  Is any of this chauvinistic? 

For example - why is the same level of concern not raised to Gerry B? He has presided over the club for a similar/longer period. I have no axe to grind with Gerry.

You e just given 3 good reasons, do you want anymore.

13 minutes ago, blakey said:

hear, hear!

Time to move on. New, exciting and hopefully successful chapter for the club.

And if JL returns to the club in any formal capacity, I'll eat my hat!

45 minutes ago, blakey said:

.  Is any of this chauvinistic? 

Some people didn't like Caldwell - some did

Some people didn't like Archie - some did

They are both male

I guess people might have a myriad of reasons for their opinions positive and negative about Jacqui Low, and amongst everyone I know I don't think any of it is for this reason - suggesting it is a great way of shutting down debate though!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jaf said:

Some people didn't like Caldwell - some did

Some people didn't like Archie - some did

They are both male

I guess people might have a myriad of reasons for their opinions positive and negative about Jacqui Low, and amongst everyone I know I don't think any of it is for this reason - suggesting it is a great way of shutting down debate though!

I do wonder if the female members of our fanbase have an opinion on this. It does strike me that Jacqui is held accountable for all the things that went wrong. This might have nothing to do with chauvinism but I am not sure. That's why my comparison to Gerry B was given. Gerry will also have a lot of credit in his bank due to previous Thistle history but...I think the level of disdain for Jacqui has been out of proportion. She was involved in appointing a manager that many of us were unsure of but she appears to get the blame for everything - including Squiddy and Dools departure. The responsibility for all these items will not all be with the chair.

I just see a load of stuff now where people openly state that we don't want her to return. There was a suggestion that she was out of her depth. My remaining concern is that some of that was based on male chauvinism. 

I don't really expect people concerned to now go "oh aye, I was a bit of a caveman. I'm now going to mend my ways". 

It just does not sit very well with me.

• Like 1

Apart from one poster who springs to mind I personally do not think this is a chauvinistic forum.  Jacqui Low criticisms here have been performance/personality related imo.  Gerry Britton maybe had more credit in the bank but he has not been immune on here for getting things wrong.  If they are an excellent chairperson for Partick Thistle then I am sure 99% on here would agree if matters not regards gender, ethnicity, age, etc etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blakey said:

Two words: Gary & Caldwell.

16 minutes ago, jaf said:

It would seem the purge has begun.

I wonder how the corporate governance worked regarding todays firing for example.

Lets end the pretence please.

Time for there to be a lot more transparency and honesty here

What purge?  What firing?  Have I missed something?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jaf said:

It would seem the purge has begun.

I wonder how the corporate governance worked regarding todays firing for example.

Lets end the pretence please.

Time for there to be a lot more transparency and honesty here

What’s happened?

10 minutes ago, sandy said:

What’s happened?

Theres lots of TFE and PTFC Trust people on the board, that lurk on this forum.

They can surely tell you. Most of you wont believe me anyway. I will be accused of chauvinism and all sorts.

Corporate governance surely means they all know who is making what decisions and giving what instructions, right?

• Like 1

Just now, jaf said:

They can surely tell you. Most of you wont believe me anyway. I will be accused of chauvinism and all sorts.

Corporate governance surely means they all know who is making what decisions and giving what instructions, right?

Reading between the lines it would appear Jacqui Low is indeed back. How surprising. 

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

So basically you're flinging mud and hoping it'll stick.

Edited by scotty

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

So basically you're flinging mud and hoping it'll stick.

Nope. Ask the appropriate people - is that not the point of fan ownership/representation?

I said that's what you should do - if they deign to answer you will have your answer and you can decide if I am throwing muck or not. OK? And I look forward to the apology when you conclude you are wrong, thanks

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

Nope. Ask the appropriate people - is that not the point of fan ownership/representation?

I said that's what you should do - if they deign to answer you will have your answer and you can decide if I am throwing muck or not. OK? And I look forward to the apology when you conclude you are wrong, thanks

Firstly, the club is not under fan ownership so who would you suggest are the appropriate people? Secondly you are the one coming on here talking about purges and firings then refusing to substantiate what may or may not be rumours.

1 minute ago, scotty said:

Firstly, the club is not under fan ownership so who would you suggest are the appropriate people? Secondly you are the one coming on here talking about purges and firings then refusing to substantiate what may or may not be rumours.

yep, and you are the one accusing people who know what they are talking about of spreading rumours, and demanding I give you answers

For weeks we have heard how transparent and approachable TFE are - ask them anything says Javeajag - two of them are on the board - why not ask them about this?

Or, if you are a season ticket holder of appropriate length, two of your representatives via PTFC Trust are also on the board.

That's four people, and all the other TFE group, you could ask.

All you had to do was watch any of her ridiculous monthly ( and then extinct) talks. Absolutely excruciating in their awfulness. Makes no difference whether she’s man, woman or whatever else people are these days. If you’re out of your depth you’re out of your depth. Simple as that. I also think Caldwell was a useless moron. Also out of his depth. Does that make me anti male? She should be nowhere near our club again. Along with her hopeless manager she presided over one of the most depressing periods I can remember.

7 minutes ago, jaf said:

yep, and you are the one accusing people who know what they are talking about of spreading rumours, and demanding I give you answers

For weeks we have heard how transparent and approachable TFE are - ask them anything says Javeajag - two of them are on the board - why not ask them about this?

Or, if you are a season ticket holder of appropriate length, two of your representatives via PTFC Trust are also on the board.

That's four people, and all the other TFE group, you could ask.

So you know what you are talking about? Well share it with those of us who don't!

Edited by scotty

3 minutes ago, scotty said:

So you know what you are talking about? Well share it with those of us who don't!

Tell you what, let me try giving you what you want

I know nothing

I don't know what I am talking about

Anything I have said I made up

Nothing to see here

The transparency openness communication and honesty is staggeringly good these days

Everything is great - Thistles corporate governance is beyond criticism

I am a chauvanistic pig

Enjoy the future

Who do I speak to in order to book some hospitality?

Just now, jaf said:

I know nothing

Nothing to see here

The transparency openness communication and honesty is staggeringly good these days

I am a chauvanistic pig

Enjoy the future

Deflection

3 minutes ago, jaf said:

I know nothing

Nothing to see here

I am a chauvanistic pig

Enjoy the future

Why not just tell us who's been fired and let us come to our own conclusions.