Jacqui Low

blakey

13 minutes ago, jaf said:

Tell you what, let me try giving you what you want

I know nothing

I don't know what I am talking about

Anything I have said I made up

Nothing to see here

The transparency openness communication and honesty is staggeringly good these days

Everything is great - Thistles corporate governance is beyond criticism

I am a chauvanistic pig

Enjoy the future

Who do I speak to in order to book some hospitality?

Has the person who does hospitality been removed 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Have you been enjoying hospitality all day?

If only

But, point taken, I have become overly emotionally invested in this!

Just angry about how the wee man was treated

And angry with myself that I briefly helped TFE and it has ended like this

im going to liquidate all that emotional investment and go get a life!

Jeez...I started this thread and am now completely lost. Some of the last few posts have bamboozled me. Fwitw- I am just a thistle fan.

i became a bit concerned when I saw some of the feedback that said ‘oh no - colin is back so here comes jacqui’. 

some folk on here seem to think they know what makes for a good chair or boardroom member. Some of the negativity to jacqui might not be bourne out of sexism, but I think it was ott.  There was always the suggestion that she did not know what she was doing. My own opinion is that some of that was based on sexism.

good luck to the interim board.  I hope they unite a fragmented and challenging fan base.

2 hours ago, jaf said:

Nope. Ask the appropriate people - is that not the point of fan ownership/representation?

I said that's what you should do - if they deign to answer you will have your answer and you can decide if I am throwing muck or not. OK? And I look forward to the apology when you conclude you are wrong, thanks

The club isn’t fan owned 

6 hours ago, blakey said:

There appears to be a lot of negativity towards Jacqui Low. I don't really get it. 

I know she presided over the club as we went into a tailspin. She was also instrumental in appointing GC. She also admitted to doing some poor comms over that period but...I think the level of negaitivity towards her is OTT.  Is any of this chauvinistic? 

For example - why is the same level of concern not raised to Gerry B? He has presided over the club for a similar/longer period. I have no axe to grind with Gerry.

BTW - I am not Jacqui or her family...have met her once. 

She  and Gerry Britton appointed Caldwell she gets blamed but it’s nit because she’s a woman say 45 men 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

What do you think she did well in her tenure Blakey? Can you think of anything that made you think “ she knows what she’s up to”. I certainly can’t 

I think she can take credit for some of the social inclusion activities for fan groups including proud jags and making family and female supporters more welcome.

she did set her stall out for improved communication and access to board members and management. Events took over and I think that she did less well than hoped here.

i do agree that the appointment of gc has tarnished her reputation. I just don’t like the tone of some of the comments I’ve seen - as if she is wholly accountable for all the bad stuff. If she has helped build a bridge between thistle and colin to take us where we are now - I think that is a good thing.

28 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Indeed but he still signed the contract but she’s to blame in fact I can’t think of anything as ceo he could ever be criticised for 

Don’t think Gerry gets off  scot free , he’s been the common denominator in lots of questionable decisions,  Premier League staffing after we got relegated, kids go free ,  Hospitality and Sponsorship after Ross Quaile got binned , Kris Doolan leaving the Club and of course our favourite Gary Caldwell 

The only thing that’s debatable is how much influence he actually has 

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Don’t think Gerry gets off  scot free , he’s been the common denominator in lots of questionable decisions,  Premier League staffing after we got relegated, kids go free ,  Hospitality and Sponsorship after Ross Quaile got binned , Kris Doolan leaving the Club and of course our favourite Gary Caldwell 

The only thing that’s debatable is how much influence he actually has 

It’s worth thinking about why there hasn’t  been a thread on his very poor performance as ceo .....

I don't think many if any would want Caldwell back. This has nothing to do with his gender, but that his performance as manager was very poor. I would suggest that this is the same with any job at our club. They do well if they left  in a good manner and came back they would be welcomed. They did poor and left i don't think they would be welcomed back.

2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I don't think many if any would want Caldwell back. This has nothing to do with his gender, but that his performance as manager was very poor. I would suggest that this is the same with any job at our club. They do well if they left  in a good manner and came back they would be welcomed. They did poor and left i don't think they would be welcomed back.

Caldwell went because his performance was poor , Gerry gets a free pass