Jacqui Low

blakey

43 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

So. Are we to believe that a certain ex football chairman is back at the helm of a sinking ship? Nothing about this stinking takeover would surprise me. 

Assuming the above isn’t a pisstake, maybe it should be.

Negativity here knows no bounds. Let’s see how we get on, on the face of it I think a great thing for the club. Needs time.

26 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Assuming the above isn’t a pisstake, maybe it should be.

Negativity here knows no bounds. Let’s see how we get on, on the face of it I think a great thing for the club. Needs time.

Do you think it would be a positive or negative thing for Jacqui Low to be back in control of the club? 

That’s correct the board have all legal and corporate responsibility Jim. 

Any decisions made by others without responsibility can still bind them, but all the responsibility for those decisions rest with the board. 

it’s hard to understand how you could remain on a board with such a set up. Unless you were a little starry eyed, or very naive, or have nothing to lose. 

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

She  and Gerry Britton appointed Caldwell she gets blamed but it’s nit because she’s a woman say 45 men 

I thought the principles of responsibility, decision making and leadership were that the buck stopped with the most senior person involved. 

I didn’t realise your gender gave you a free pass from that  

7 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Do you think it would be a positive or negative thing for Jacqui Low to be back in control of the club? 

For me - we should have more diversity in the board. It still seems to me that the negativity to jacqui is out of proportion. I’d welcome her back and the comments and negativity on here reinforce my views that some of this is old fashioned male chauvinism ie. she’s out of her depth. What prepares you to be a chair of a club, apart from being on a board previously?

15 minutes ago, blakey said:

For me - we should have more diversity in the board. It still seems to me that the negativity to jacqui is out of proportion. I’d welcome her back and the comments and negativity on here reinforce my views that some of this is old fashioned male chauvinism ie. she’s out of her depth. What prepares you to be a chair of a club, apart from being on a board previously?

It’s nothing to do with chauvinism. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

It’s nothing to do with chauvinism. 

But it has to do with something, right?

Plenty of chairmen appoint bad managers, plenty could be accused of poor communication, plenty oversee poor results which they have very little control over beyond the initial managerial appointment.

There's something about Jacqui Low that is considered malign  and toxic by many people on this board, that goes beyond what is merely visible to the likes of me. It may not be sexism, it may be something else completely, but there is something. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allyo said:

But it has to do with something, right?

Plenty of chairmen appoint bad managers, plenty could be accused of poor communication, plenty oversee poor results which they have very little control over beyond the initial managerial appointment.

There's something about Jacqui Low that is considered malign  and toxic by many people on this board, that goes beyond what is merely visible to the likes of me. It may not be sexism, it may be something else completely, but there is something. 

Thanks allyo - you’ve put that in a much more erudite fashion than I was managing to do.

• Like 1