Jacqui Low

blakey

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

You are indeed, but quite frankly to say it is to do with chauvinism is stretching it. I was rather excited when she became chairman, but she proved a PR disaster which is so ironic.

How else do you explain the reaction to her return. If somebody else helped broker a continued investment of a multi millionaire supporter I think they would be greeted more positively. The mere prospect of that appears to have horrified some people.

i thought it was great when we had a female chair. The reaction to her from our fan base has been disappointing IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, blakey said:

How else do you explain the reaction to her return. If somebody else helped broker a continued investment of a multi millionaire supporter I think they would be greeted more positively. The mere prospect of that appears to have horrified some people.

i thought it was great when we had a female chair. The reaction to her from our fan base has been disappointing IMO.

The history of her tenure are there for all to see.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

Her previous tenure would suggest that it would be a concern.

Okay. I remain of the opinion that her profile has been unfairly and overly criticised. I drew the parallel with Gerry b to try and reinforce the unfairness that all the negative press stuck with jacqui.

im not going to convince you that some of this was based on old fashioned male prejudice, but it does seem that a few others share my concern.

Just now, blakey said:

Okay. I remain of the opinion that her profile has been unfairly and overly criticised. I drew the parallel with Gerry b to try and reinforce the unfairness that all the negative press stuck with jacqui.

im not going to convince you that some of this was based on old fashioned male prejudice, but it does seem that a few others share my concern.

I certainly dont defend Britton. He should never have got the job. A Low appointee.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

I certainly dont defend Britton. He should never have got the job. A Low appointee.

You must be joking now. She is blamed for that too? Gerry is in with the bricks and has been at the club for a long period. Btw - I think he is an asset to the club. This is not about looking for somebody to blame.

i am concerned that the experience of jacqui would put off other women getting involved at ptfc.

21 minutes ago, blakey said:

And she is blameless yes?

that so many people - many of whom had an initially  positive view of her but now do not - have  a negative view of her?

but it must be chauvinism and our fault yes?

why is she not on board? Why did tfe refute her involvement?

might it be because this was all entirely expected ?     
And now - again and it hasn’t taken long - sycophants are out trying to shift narrative   

I could give you a long list of why I am against her return but will summarise  -

1  “tone at the top”

2  judging people by a simple rule - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself  

the tone at the top with her in  charge changed firhill  in my view - and it is only my view - not for the better  

and I know people who were treated appallingly during that time  

simple as that  if you are in her wee twitter pals group I am sure you will see things differently  

but it doesn’t matter what I think   It’s what mr weir thinks that matters and having  bought the club he can do whatever he wants with it and put whomsoever he wishes in charge  THats his right  I only wish there had been more honesty from tfe about this  but just as that’s his right, it’s my right to defend the badly treated little guys  

you won’t lecture me , or falsely accuse me into accepting she is a force for good for the club.   Her actions will determine that. Which is an entirely fair position. She’s made some start!    

so if you are in her wee twitter group, why not plead for her to change  we all love Partick thistle  instead of trying to berate us into believing in her how about some actions that persuade us she has changed and we were wrong?   Some people feel so strongly they probably won’t be back to firhill - if you really think that strength of feeling is  down to chauvinism you are completely deluded. 

Edited by jaf

I’m not in her wee twitter group. But I also don’t know about the things you speak of. As I said - I’m just a fan who is concerned that the feedback about jacquis potential involvement is based on male prejudice.

ps. Your own tone about me being in a wee twitter group is wrong and also antagonistic.

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

And she is blameless yes?

that so many people - many of whom had an initially  positive view of her but now do not - have  a negative view of her?

but it must be chauvinism and our fault yes?

why is she not on board? Why did tfe refute her involvement?

might it be because this was all entirely expected ?     
And now - again and it hasn’t taken long - sycophants are out trying to shift narrative   

I could give you a long list of why I am against her return but will summarise  -

1  “tone at the top”

2  judging people by a simple rule - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself  

the tone at the top with her in  charge changed firhill  in my view - and it is only my view - not for the better  

and I know people who were treated appallingly during that time  

simple as that  if you are in her wee twitter pals group I am sure you will see things differently  

but it doesn’t matter what I think   It’s what mr weir thinks that matters and having  bought the club he can do whatever he wants with it and put whomsoever he wishes in charge  THats his right  I only wish there had been more honesty from tfe about this  but just as that’s his right, it’s my right to defend the badly treated little guys  

you won’t lecture me , or falsely accuse me into accepting she is a force for good for the club.   Her actions will determine that. Which is an entirely fair position. She’s made some start!    Taking her revenge on a wee guy she doesn’t like (I know why she doesn’t like him and it’s pathetic)  when she has no corporate governance role that permits her to do so   Same old same old  

so if you are in her wee twitter group, why not plead for her to change  we all love Partick thistle  instead of trying to berate us into believing in her how about some actions that persuade us she has changed and we were wrong?   Some people feel so strongly they probably won’t be back to firhill - if you really think that strength of feeling is  down to chauvinism you are completely deluded. 

It’s s little amusing to see all this angst directed at someone who is not involved in the club 

so if she has some involvement with the club or tfe can someone share it ? Because atm none has been presented that I know of which does make you a bit suspicious of why this line is being pedalled 

2 minutes ago, blakey said:

I’m not in her wee twitter group. But I also don’t know about the things you speak of. As I said - I’m just a fan who is concerned that the feedback about jacquis potential involvement is based on male prejudice.

ps. Your own tone about me being in a wee twitter group is wrong and also antagonistic.

So calling people chauvinist is not antagonistic?  
but saying IF you are in her twitter group......what does the word if mean?  

• Like 1

jaf, I think it's very valid for people to ask why reaction to Jacqui Low is so negative. Most people are on the outside looking in and have no knowledge of behind the scenes workings. All they see is sniping  comments aimed at a woman and obvious conclusions are reached.

It's also very valid for those who have closer involvement to hold whatever views they have, based on experience, as you obviously have.

This doesn't have to be a haters versus sycophants debate.

• Like 1

Just now, allyo said:

jaf, I think it's very valid for people to ask why reaction to Jacqui Low is so negative. Most people are on the outside looking in and have no knowledge of behind the scenes workings. All they see is sniping  comments aimed at a woman and obvious conclusions are reached.

It's also very valid for those who have closer involvement to hold whatever views they have, based on experience, as you obviously have.

This doesn't have to be a haters versus sycophants debate.

you can’t run around accuse people of chauvinism and expect them not to be upset  

I’ve no idea if Jackie low is involved or not, I think it would be better in terms of fans unity if she wasn’t.

what is clear is that Colin Weir is involved and despite no doubt having made some mistakes (name me a person that wouldn’t) he has the club at heart and would prefer his involvement any day over a vulture like Paul Conway 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

I’ve no idea if Jackie low is involved or not, I think it would be better in terms of fans unity if she wasn’t.

what is clear is that Colin Weir is involved and despite no doubt having made some mistakes (name me a person that wouldn’t) he has the club at heart and would prefer his involvement any day over a vulture like Paul Conway 

Spot on and no one has provided any evidence she has a role 

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

you can’t run around accuse people of chauvinism and expect them not to be upset  

I would agree. But I'm not sure that anyone accused you of that. Only suggestion that there may be an element of this in the negative reaction towards her.