Jacqui Low

blakey

10 hours ago, blakey said:

That’s your opinion. I’m allowed mine.

You seem obsessed with it! You came on and asked peoples opinions on if they believe it was sexism as to why folk dislike her. You got your answers that it wasn't yet you still bleat on in every post about it being sexism...kinda sounds like you have not just an axe to grind but you are trying to get someone to bite?

FWIW i think she appointed a terrible manager, her main business being PR she was terrible at that. She just seemed to be way out of her depth in interviews and everytime she spoke it filled me with a feeling of oh crap. Tbh so does Gerry Britton when i hear him bumbling on but that won't fit your argument despite you putting his name in there as if to deflect some.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

You seem obsessed with it! You came on and asked peoples opinions on if they believe it was sexism as to why folk dislike her. You got your answers that it wasn't yet you still bleat on in every post about it being sexism...kinda sounds like you have not just an axe to grind but you are trying to get someone to bite?

FWIW i think she appointed a terrible manager, her main business being PR she was terrible at that. She just seemed to be way out of her depth in interviews and everytime she spoke it filled me with a feeling of oh crap. Tbh so does Gerry Britton when i hear him bumbling on but that won't fit your argument despite you putting his name in there as if to deflect some.

You could say the same about many of our former chairmen. Is Caldwell a worse appointment than Murdo McLeod ? But Jacqui seems to get more antagonism against her which I don’t understand. Is it just Social Media and it is more obvious/ easier to do ?

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You could say the same about many of our former chairmen. Is Caldwell a worse appointment than Murdo McLeod ? But Jacqui seems to get more antagonism against her which I don’t understand. Is it just Social Media and it is more obvious/ easier to do ?

If you compare it to the Murder McLeod days then yeah probably social media amplifies it. But i remember in his days and years before/after crowds gathering inside/outside the ground calling for the manager and the boards heads on sticks. So possibly you could think that Jackie has got off lightly from days gone bye.

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’d say they were both of a similar quality.  The board at that time got it tight from the supporters and way more vocal than these days, but in fairness to the board  that employed McCleod it was their cash 

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Following on from the removal of the hospitality manager ?, it seemed as if there is also a new team of announcers. Was this the 2nd major change since the new (interim) board ?

I thought hospitality was doing really well under Alex so this seems very strange unless they have a replacement lined up (promised a position??) prior to taking over the club 

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here or not yet, but my utter contempt for Jacqui Low stems from her being a Tory. I’d want anyone who would willingly associate themselves with them to be absolutely nowhere near Partick Thistle.

She also did a terrible job as chairperson.

I thought we were supposed to be inclusive and everyone was welcome ..... but you are probably right and Tories are a step too far.

59 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here or not yet, but my utter contempt for Jacqui Low stems from her being a Tory. I’d want anyone who would willingly associate themselves with them to be absolutely nowhere near Partick Thistle.

Yeah. I think that is part of it. I've never voted tory and I'm pretty sure that I never will, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they did.

(Though Michael Forsyth is a hard sell)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

I thought hospitality was doing really well under Alex so this seems very strange unless they have a replacement lined up (promised a position??) prior to taking over the club 

To be out the door within hours of the takeover - surely the Board had far bigger issues to deal with than the Hospitality Guy ? 

Just seems very very odd that this was a priority that they had to make an immediate decision on ? 

Agreed- I thought he did a good job and had lots of experience 

No chance they have lined someone up ( or promised positions )  the New Directors  which includes four Directors from Fan Groups -  wouldn't allow that sort of thing to happen    - just No chance-  given there vision of the Club and how it should be Run ? 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

To be out the door within hours of the takeover - surely the Board had far bigger issues to deal with than the Hospitality Guy ? 

Just seems very very odd that this was a priority that they had to make an immediate decision on ? 

Agreed- I thought he did a good job and had lots of experience 

No chance they have lined someone up ( or promised positions )  the New Directors  which includes four Directors from Fan Groups -  wouldn't allow that sort of thing to happen    - just No chance-  given there vision of the Club and how it should be Run ? 

Could it be that Charan has brought someone in to run hospitality 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

It's interesting that Colin Weir, proudly SNP,  seems to have such a good relationship with Low, a Tory.

13 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Thanks for your feedback. I would concur that most people have challenged my opinion. I don’t think I’m obsessed but just wanted to air something that was not sitting well with me. It’s certainly triggered some debate. 

10 minutes ago, blakey said:

Thanks for your feedback. I would concur that most people have challenged my opinion. I don’t think I’m obsessed but just wanted to air something that was not sitting well with me. It’s certainly triggered some debate. 

Yes a group of white middle aged men deny misogyny ......that’s a new one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1