Jacqui Low

blakey

22 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

First there are Women in Football very well respected by Fans of all Clubs - Anne Budge & Lianne Dempsey being two 

Whilst its accepted that there is massive barriers to Women in Society- to try and lump the fact that Fans had gripes with the former Chairmen was  Misogyny is frankly wrong - and then use the fact that they are Men therefore guilty-  is well Sexist 

But its a mute argument 

Beyond being a Director of 3BC  Jlo has nothing to do with the Club - she isn't even a shareholder in 3BC  - the legal position is that 3BC have no more rights than me as a Shareholder - we can Vote on Directors - We can Vote at the AGM - thats it 

Therefore as a Shareholder you get to Vote - nothing more

Its not as though you can turn up at the Office and start speaking to Staff 

Its Not as though you can be in the Directors Box or have a Title in any shape or form - there are Directors & a Company Secretary - thats it ......

Its not as if you own the Club ( even with 55% you dont Own it ) 

Its not as if you can attend Board Meetings - or have a say in any aspect of the Club on any level

Its not as if you can in any shape or form influence  decisions outwith the AGM  

Its not as if you get to meet the Manager or discuss anything to do with the Team 

Your a Shareholder - and in the case of Jlo - a Director of a Company who is a Shareholder - which is one stepped removed from an actual Shareholder 

So this argument over misogyny is a mute point 

TFE made a very clear statement that Jlo wouldn't be involved with the Club if people supported them ( there public statement -not mine ) 

The briefing given to the Evening Times  was very clear- she had no Official Capacity at the Club-  and for clarity only those with Official Capacity can be involved in the aforementioned actions - and our Board of Directors run the Club - they make all decisions-  and have Corporate  Governance Responsibilities   

As one of the New Board from TFE is a Lawyer - he will obviously know that - and as Ian Dodds has been a Club Director for a Number of years - he will also know that 

So its a thread over nothing to be honest ...

I wish I could follow this .....

as I understand you tfe didn’t buy the club ( which is bad because they said they would and didn’t which was originally bad but now isn’t as bad )

but even though tfe didn’t buy the club they are responsible for Jacqui low ( I’m not sure if they have a tracker on her ? ?? ) because although they don’t own the club they sort of do 

anyway it’s all bad especially Jacqui low and there is no such thing as misogyny ... am I following you correctly ?

24 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

But Gerry Britton is an employee not a Director - he can make No Public Statements - He has No Power - He carries out Board Instructions 

To try and put this on Gerry B - an Employee who simply  carries out the Instructions of his employers is frankly disgraceful 

How do you know what Gerry thinks or would do - he is an employee - he doesnt make the decisions 

The Board take the decisions  

But according to you Jlow is making every Decision in the club so what’s the point of him ?

4 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

But according to you Jlow is making every Decision in the club so what’s the point of him ?

Where at any point in any shape or form have I ever said that - please stop making things up 

Gerry B is an employee - he carries out instructions from his employers - to try and allay blame on him is simply wrong on every level   

1 hour ago, scotty said:

What is dangerous is allowing racist, misogynist, homophobic or sectarian comments to go unchallenged.

But there is none to challenge, only a poster or two that has come on asking if that is the reason and when being told no they are still claiming it to be the reason. And for those who have said it is not the reason they are now being told they are wrong. It is kinda like the original poster came on with the intention to start a stooshie and didn't give a hoot about any real reasons as to why she may not be liked.

Edited by Pinhead
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Springburnjag said:

I could repost this on Gerry Britton and it would be true m

You could but then it wouldn't fit the sexist argument...unless it is a woman who posts their response and then we can get stuck in and call her sexist and against men yeah?

Edited by Pinhead

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Where at any point in any shape or form have I ever said that - please stop making things up 

Gerry B is an employee - he carries out instructions from his employers - to try and allay blame on him is simply wrong on every level   

That was what you were implying was it not in a sardonic way ?

8 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

I wish I could follow this .....

as I understand you tfe didn’t buy the club ( which is bad because they said they would and didn’t which was originally bad but now isn’t as bad )

but even though tfe didn’t buy the club they are responsible for Jacqui low ( I’m not sure if they have a tracker on her ? ?? ) because although they don’t own the club they sort of do 

anyway it’s all bad especially Jacqui low and there is no such thing as misogyny ... am I following you correctly ?

Ive never said TFE not buying the Club is bad  - Ive pointed out that people supported them based on the pitch they would buy the Club with Unconditional Financial Support from Colin Weir - thats not the case - people can decide if this is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing on there own .......

They are not responsible for JLo as she has no role at the Club on any level - TFE have Two Directors - there role is to Run the Club along with there fellow Directors - No one else makes or influences decisions only the Directors - the TFE Directors also have to deliver on the promises they made 

Jlo isnt involved at the Club - so No idea why you are referring to her - if its as her term as Chairmen - Fans have given there views - I dont believe misogyny played a part them    

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

But there is none to challenge, only a poster or two that has come on asking if that is the reason and when being told no they are still claiming it to be the reason. And for those who have said it is not the reason they are now being told they are wrong. It is kinda like the original poster came on with the intention to start a stooshie and didn't give a hoot about any real reasons as to why she may not be liked.

Hey - that was me. I’ve already fed back that I raised this due to a genuine concern that some of the negativity is coming from unhealthy attitudes. Many people have refuted that. That’s fair enough and I think valid reasons are cited.

i didn’t post the original question to cause a stooshie, as you put it. It was raised as a genuine query. There is mixed opinion on this but I do not want the club to be seen as unwelcoming to our non-core typical fan base. 

4 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

That was what you were implying was it not in a sardonic way ?

I have clearly stated the role of Shareholders-  as there seems to be some misconception amongst Posters - that a Company with a Majority Shareholding could in some way have an involvement in  running the Club - when it cant - it was an attempt to  clarify the Club position - given posts on Twitter from Friends of Jlo - which seem to be confusing  for some Fans - there is no implying in any shape or form - my post is factual ........

3 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ive never said TFE not buying the Club is bad  - Ive pointed out that people supported them based on the pitch they would buy the Club with Unconditional Financial Support from Colin Weir - thats not the case - people can decide if this is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing on there own .......

They are not responsible for JLo as she has no role at the Club on any level - TFE have Two Directors - there role is to Run the Club along with there fellow Directors - No one else makes or influences decisions only the Directors - the TFE Directors also have to deliver on the promises they made 

Jlo isnt involved at the Club - so No idea why you are referring to her - if its as her term as Chairmen - Fans have given there views - I dont believe misogyny played a part them    

Ok you think tfe buying the club is bad 

I supported from the sidelines and didn’t do so on the basis you said so you need to amend your generalisation ....like the vast majority of thistle fans I’m happy .... your not 

1 minute ago, blakey said:

Hey - that was me. I’ve already fed back that I raised this due to a genuine concern that some of the negativity is coming from unhealthy attitudes. Many people have refuted that. That’s fair enough and I think valid reasons are cited.

i didn’t post the original question to cause a stooshie, as you put it. It was raised as a genuine query. There is mixed opinion on this but I do not want the club to be seen as unwelcoming to our non-core typical fan base. 

Where on any level at any point has this Club been unwelcoming Maggie Forsyth was a Director long before Jlo 

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Where on any level at any point has this Club been unwelcoming Maggie Forsyth was a Director long before Jlo 

JJ - I think jlo’s experience might put off other women getting involved. it would be interesting to get feedback from any female posters on this forum.

i must confess I don’t recall Maggie Forsyth.

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

I supported from the sidelines and didn’t do so on the basis you said so you need to amend your generalisation ....like the vast majority of thistle fans I’m happy .... your not 

I was for the Consortium - Im not a fan of TFE - but respect others supported  them 

Based on what they claimed-  they got Two Directors Positions - they now have to deliver 

First you dont know if the vast Majority are Happy - I think most Fans would have preffered David Beattie - Ronnie - David Kelly etc to stay on 

But that didnt happen - so TFE AND the Trust opposed  the Consortium - they got there places on the Board - now they and there fellow Directors deliver on there promises - simple as that     

JJ - I think jlo’s experience might put off other women getting involved. it would be interesting to get feedback from any female posters on this forum.

So because she was shit at the job she had and was rightly ousted it will put other women off? Come on, what age are you?

Are we now in a world that if you are a woman and are shit at the job you automatically get to keep it because if you get the sack and it is a man who sacks you - you are misogynistic or sexist? This country is gonna be like the USA soon, ohh someone hurt my feelings SUE SUE SUE.

I think Jlo was judged on her Chairmanship - dont think Fans care - they want success on the Park - Financial Stability off it - Treated well on Matchday  and to be communicated with a straightfiorward manner 

Thats it - deliver on all that-  and frankly they dont even notice who is Running the place ( or care)   

9 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

I ain't happy, and you don't know what the majority think. I will give them time to show what they are about and to see if they are professional and all inclusive of the fan base and not just those who donate. My fear is they will run the club like the trust is run (ie. a shambles)

10 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I was for the Consortium - Im not a fan of TFE - but respect others supported  them 

Based on what they claimed-  they got Two Directors Positions - they now have to deliver 

First you dont know if the vast Majority are Happy - I think most Fans would have preffered David Beattie - Ronnie - David Kelly etc to stay on 

But that didnt happen - so TFE AND the Trust opposed  the Consortium - they got there places on the Board - now they and there fellow Directors deliver on there promises - simple as that     

I’m not sure I know any other thistle fan in support of the consortium ...,your probably a Tory as well I suspect 

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

So because she was shit at the job she had and was rightly ousted it will put other women off? Come on, what age are you?

Are we now in a world that if you are a woman and are shit at the job you automatically get to keep it because if you get the sack and it is a man who sacks you - you are misogynistic or sexist? This country is gonna be like the USA soon, ohh someone hurt my feelings SUE SUE SUE.

Thanks - I’m nearly 49. Old enough to know better. I’ve tried to be polite throughout this thread. I appreciate you found my initial question as inflammatory. That was not my intention. I’m not going to convince you that some of the reaction and comments relating to jlow are sexist. I’m now bowing out, as I have some ironing to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

I’m not sure I know any other thistle fan in support of the consortium ...,your probably a Tory as well I suspect 

WTF - are you for real - go and grow up 

You lose the arguement  and try and find what you think is an insult ? 

The Tories are the Second largest Party in the Scottish Parliament - hardly unpopular 

As it happens Im not one - but if I was and by the fact that they get a significant number of Votes then a fair few Jags are - what has that got to do with Thistle

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

WTF - are you for real - go and grow up 

You lose the arguement  and try and find what you think is an insult ? 

The Tories are the Second largest Party in the Scottish Parliament - hardly unpopular 

As it happens Im not one - but if I was and by the fact that they get a significant number of Votes then a fair few Jags are - what has that got to do with Thistle

Patronising are you not ?

what argument have I lost your still the only person supporting the consortium I know 

it’s not a stretch to imagine that someone supporting money men buying the club to make more money for themselves might be conservative 

Just now, Springburnjag said:

Patronising are you not ?

what argument have I lost your still the only person supporting the consortium I know 

it’s not a stretch to imagine that someone supporting money men buying the club to make more money for themselves might be conservative 

So you dont have a Pension - where do you think its invested in ? 

Stop talking nonsense