Jacqui Low

blakey

Just now, allyo said:

Springburnjag, I haven't disagreed with much that you've said. It's just pretty much been obvious facts. People lie, people cheat, been true since the dawn of time (ok not strictly astronomically true, but anyway).

But I've lost track of the point in arguing it, because we can all agree it's not the way anyone wants Thistle to go.

Of course we can ! 

so you explain that banks broke laws and their own policies and people say ah ! So you agree with that ....no I’m trying to explain how the world works that doesn’t mean I agree with how it works 

which is why I never got a thistle fan supporting the club being bought by guys who are literally are against everything this club stands for ! 

7 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Of course we can ! 

so you explain that banks broke laws and their own policies and people say ah ! So you agree with that ....no I’m trying to explain how the world works that doesn’t mean I agree with how it works 

which is why I never got a thistle fan supporting the club being bought by guys who are literally are against everything this club stands for ! 

Are you saying Paul Conways consortium operate illegally? Or the new owners do?

You've completely lost me know

Just now, Norgethistle said:

I’ve never met Paul let alone being able to call him a mate, though I’ve never heard he operates illegally 

You spent more time on the new owner thread questioning thistle fans trying to wrest control of the club from the consortium  than you did questioning Paul Conway who is an absolute charlatan .....

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

To be fair a lot of the Stirling fans say the same about “Our” Paul

Who is Paul? That’s the second time you have said that ?  Interesting deflection from the point ......you supported the consortium but didn’t want to come out openly and say so and now your having a go at fans trying to do their best for the club .....can you at least be honest 

6 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Who is Paul? That’s the second time you have said that ?  Interesting deflection from the point ......you supported the consortium but didn’t want to come out openly and say so and now your having a go at fans trying to do their best for the club .....can you at least be honest 

Paul Goodwin TFE as you very well know

I supported the consortium over TFE as I believed it would be ran more professionally.

With TFE taking over the club I’m willing to support the initiative, but not at the disregard of any morality of ethical standards that this club and its fans stand for.

What you are proposing is ethically, morally and criminally wrong. 

Edited by Norgethistle

Just now, Norgethistle said:

I supported the consortium over TFE as I believed it would be ran more professionally.

With TFE taking over the club I’m willing to support the initiative, but not at the disregard of any morality of ethical standards that this club and its fans stand for.

Ok explain what I’m proposing.... which is a fan owned club operating legally morally and ethically in the best interests of the fans and the community ....is wrong ?

by the way Paul Conway and professional ?! Explain that one 

26 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Ok explain what I’m proposing.... which is a fan owned club operating legally morally and ethically in the best interests of the fans and the community ....is wrong ?

by the way Paul Conway and professional ?! Explain that one 

You were proposing the board of directors operating out with company law

30 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Paul Goodwin TFE as you very well know

Morality and ethical standards? The consortium were going to fleece this club, sell any decent players and pocket the money themselves, like a pack of vultures. That’s about as amoral and unethical as you can get, yet you would have happily let Conway plunder the club for his own financial gain 

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

You were proposing the board of directors operating out with company law

Show me where I said that 

I was explaining that they do ....like ....mike Ashley , Philip Greene , Fred Goodwin you know the Paul Conway types you wanted to own the club 

still haven’t explained your evidence for Paul conways professionalism......

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Morality and ethical standards? The consortium were going to fleece this club, sell any decent players and pocket the money themselves, like a pack of vultures. That’s about as amoral and unethical as you can get, yet you would have happily let Conway plunder the club for his own financial gain 

Exactly ....I struggle to believe any thistle fan could ever want these guys anywhere near us 

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. You present people with a blank sheet of paper and say, "Right, what kind of fan ownership do you want?"

It's perfectly reasonable to criticise the setting up of fan ownership of the club, but this is just being critical for the sake of it.

And all of this criticism is now being deflected by a pointless argument about whether the board should/is behaving legally or not.

Simple question, what's the problem here?

Colin Weir's bought a controlling share of the club and is looking to establish fan ownership. We're not happy about how he's doing that? We want fans to be more involved? How?

It seems to me that no matter what happens next, some people won't be happy because they'd much rather the club had been purchased by the consortium. (The venture capitalists/vulture scumbags, for anyone not paying attention.)

I already responded to you - I said that the Steering Group reviews the various models being used 

Narrows it down  to Two Options - allow the Fans to  vote on there preferred option - surely if your going to have Fan Ownership you dont impose the Model ? 

Its not a pointless argument on legality - I think you will find Posters are arguing very strongly to comply with the Companies Act - which seems to be seen as some sort of option based on if you get caught or if someone as enough cash to sue you ? 

Being a Venture capitalists  hardly makes you a "Scumbag" most Pension Funds are invested in Venture capitalists  Funds - are they all Scumbags - would you be happy for your Pension never to grow by earning interest ?    

So we will see what sort of Club we have in a few Months shall we ? 

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Being a Venture capitalists  hardly makes you a "Scumbag" most Pension Funds are invested in Venture capitalists  Funds - are they all Scumbags - would you be happy for your Pension never to grow by earning interest ?  

Yes it does .....actually few pension  funds invest in venture capitalist funds they invest in equities , bonds and property mainly not  speculative outfits like venture capitalists .....but at least we know you think Philip Greene or Fred Goodwin would be a better owner of the club than us 

11 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Show me where I said that 

I was explaining that they do ....like ....mike Ashley , Philip Greene , Fred Goodwin you know the Paul Conway types you wanted to own the club 

still haven’t explained your evidence for Paul conways professionalism......

You have evidence that Paul Conway broke Company Law ?  

Just now, Springburnjag said:

Yes it does .....actually few pension  funds invest in venture capitalist funds they invest in equities , bonds and property mainly not  speculative outfits like venture capitalists .....but at least we know you think Philip Greene or Fred Goodwin would be a better owner of the club than us 

The largest fund in the World is Blackrock - most Pension Companies Invest in it