Jacqui Low

blakey

Despite Blakey’s  recent explanation that she/he accepted the reasons given, it seemed Blakey kept challenging after initial responses (including from me). anyway it seems one is  no longer permitted to defend yourself from such accusations anymore. An expert has spoken -

CAF5AF49-EB71-4130-BCE9-6A7B1815F1B4.png

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

Despite Blakey’s  recent explanation that she/he accepted the reasons given, it seemed Blakey kept challenging after initial responses (including from me). anyway it seems one is  no longer permitted to defend yourself from such accusations anymore. An expert has spoken -

CAF5AF49-EB71-4130-BCE9-6A7B1815F1B4.png

I’ve just finished my ironing, so checking in again. I didn’t accuse specific individuals of sexism. I raised a question about whether there were elements of that in the fans responses.

i am also not colin!

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I 100% agree-  but we dont have a Vote on the Model  ? 

Chicken and egg situation. In order to have a voting membership, the organisation needs to be fit for purpose in order to to get members. I'm sure there are previous organisations which have found ways round this.

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

Chicken and egg situation. In order to have a voting membership, the organisation needs to be fit for purpose in order to to get members. I'm sure there are previous organisations which have found ways round this.

The Model will have to be agreed by 3BC  who are gifting the Shares what the Fans want is irrelevant as its the organisation who is handing over the Shares who decides what they are happy with ?   

7 minutes ago, blakey said:

I’ve just finished my ironing, so checking in again. I didn’t accuse specific individuals of sexism. I raised a question about whether there were elements of that in the fans responses.

i am also not colin!

Yes I know!

i think I know who you are 

I think you know who I am

and I think we both know Colin (I like him personally) 

perhaps we should ditch anonymity on this forum  I wonder if that would change peoples tone for the better  who knows  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotty said:

What is dangerous is allowing racist, misogynist, homophobic or sectarian comments to go unchallenged.

The thing is the definition of what these are have changed over time and I am sure will continue to change.

And it feels to me that you are already trying to label me as one of the above. 

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

The thing is the definition of what these are have changed over time and I am sure will continue to change.

And it feels to me that you are already trying to label me as one of the above. 

I don't get what you mean by the definition having changed but I'm not trying to label anyone.

1 hour ago, Springburnjag said:

As I said most ordinary people don’t have a choice so therefore you point is irrelevant ... we can’t opt out of the system we live in but that does not imply acceptance of it 

Most folk that work have a works pension that is invested for a return. This is also the way the Norwegian oil fund is done, the same as your cash at the bank.

Just now, Norgethistle said:

Most folk that work have a works pension that is invested for a return. This is also the way the Norwegian oil fund is done, the same as your cash at the bank.

My point was people don’t actually really have a choice it’s invested for them ...it’s one of the key illusions of capitalism you have s choice which in reality most people don’t have 

24 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

The Model will have to be agreed by 3BC  who are gifting the Shares what the Fans want is irrelevant as its the organisation who is handing over the Shares who decides what they are happy with ?   

All of that is speculation and mendacious on your part 

Colin weir has asked two fan bodies to come up with how it will work let’s see if he changes anything 

Wow. Haven’t looked at this since yesterday and we’re up to 11 pages. People ripping each other because they may be a Tory ( heaven forbid), accusations of sexism and calls to call out racism and sexism wherever it exists. All this fuss. Maybe making us out to be not as inclusive to other supporters to come and support us. There’s one problem in all this conjecture. We are utter garbage. You get more  more entertainment watching dogs chase a tennis ball on the beach than watching thistle play. I have no interest in watching us play at the minute. That’s the basic problem. We’re an embarrassment p

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

I don't get what you mean by the definition having changed but I'm not trying to label anyone.

Well eg homosexuality was illegal in this country until about 50 years ago; therefore the definition of homophobic has changed, if it even existed then - similarly slavery was legal until about 150 years ago. Robinson’s jam had a very prominent symbol on their jars until about 30 years ago. That’s what I mean by definition changing.

Just now, Springburnjag said:

All of that is speculation and mendacious on your part 

Colin weir has asked two fan bodies to come up with how it will work let’s see if he changes anything 

Its not - the legal position is that the Shares are being gifted by 3BC  therefore they would have to sign off who they are going to 

The Board was appionted by 3BC - they in turn appiont the steering Group - what  part of that is incorrect ? 

37 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

He can make decisions regards the day to day running of the Club - however all decisions concerning finances - employees - budgets - communications are signed off by the Board of Directors - Gerry B is an employee as CEO - he carries out the wishes of the Board - not sure what part of employee relationship is confusing ? 

Whilst being "the face" he would not have decided the handling of Dools Departure or the decision - we had a Highly experienced Comms Expert as Chairman and a full time Comms Manager with Years of experience in PR  - and your attempting to put this at Gerry B Door - a lot of rewriting of History  going on - cant think why ?

Also with regards to the appointment of Caldwell - again nothing to do with Gerry B -  I agree that it was a Board Decision-  but our Chairmans "Blown Away"  statement was very supportive of his appointment        

But as Ive said its all History - and we are discussing someone who no longer has any connection with the Club - beyond a Director of a Company who owns shares 

All decisions are made by our current Board of Directors exclusively  - my only concern is the prioritization at the first Board Meeting regards the Position of Hospitality Manager - who for all intents and purposes seemed to be doing a good job - but Im sure the Board after reasoned discussion - took the decision they thought correct for the Club  

No idea , what happened re Hospitality manager but we seem to be making strange decisions in that department after the “ redundancy “ of Ross Quaile who in my opinion was bringing money into the Club with Hospitality and Sponsorship.

Re Gerry Britton, he admitted at the meet the manager night the Doolan situation could have been handled better of which he was a part of .

I’m not trying to scapegoat anyone but GB was part of a collective over the last 3 or 4 years and also was on the BOD as well during part of that period.

Think there is a lot of people culpable for the mistakes that have been made and GB is not different to anyone else within that .

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Its not - the legal position is that the Shares are being gifted by 3BC  therefore they would have to sign off who they are going to 

The Board was appionted by 3BC - they in turn appiont the steering Group - what  part of that is incorrect ? 

Your proving my point ....snipe snipe snipe 

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

No idea , what happened re Hospitality manager but we seem to be making strange decisions in that department after the “ redundancy “ of Ross Quaile who in my opinion was bringing money into the Club with Hospitality and Sponsorship.

Re Gerry Britton, he admitted at the meet the manager night the Doolan situation could have been handled better of which he was a part of .

I’m not trying to scapegoat anyone but GB was part of a collective over the last 3 or 4 years and also was on the BOD as well during part of that period.

Think there is a lot of people culpable for the mistakes that have been made and GB is not different to anyone else within that .

Gerry B at no point has been on the BOD stop saying that as an employee you carry out instructions of your employer - you are trying to deflect decisions made  by Jlo and the Board at the time onto an employee - and funny enough so are  others  - can only guess at the reason

No there arent a "lot" of people responsible - again rewriting History - Decisions are made by the Board & Chairman - No one else      

As for the Hospitality Manager that decision was the previous Board - which is there decision to make - Alex would also be decided by the New Board just seems a very strange priority for the New Board  at its first meeting - dont you agree - surely they had to have bigger issues to address than the Hospitality Guy ?  

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Why is stating facts Sniping - If Im wrong  say where Im wrong ?  

We all know what happened ....Colin weir is buying the club to gift it to fans so we know he owns it 

I’m not  sure why you keep going on about it 

so a proposal for fan ownership will be worked on and hopefully then approved by the end of March 

what’s the bad thing that’s happened ?

3 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

We all know what happened ....Colin weir is buying the club to gift it to fans so we know he owns it 

I’m not  sure why you keep going on about it 

so a proposal for fan ownership will be worked on and hopefully then approved by the end of March 

what’s the bad thing that’s happened ?

Who will decide and approve the model?

TFE ?

The Thistle Trust board?
The new board?

The 3 Black Cats?

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

another example of the anonymity on here causing confusion. 

For some reason I had it in my head you were one of the ptfc trust guys now elevated to the transitional board , and I was  thinking “wow he can’t be speaking about an employee like that in a public forum”  

So now I am assuming you are not one of them because if you were you would also surely (as a Board member) know what had happened to alex  

anyway, it’s another reason to make this transparent and do away with anonymity to stop confusion like that in my opinion