Jacqui Low

blakey

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Right end of conversation - your arguing its ok for the Club to  break rules 

Most people get Parket Tickets or Speeding Fines due to lack of concentration - errors - etc they dont deliberately set out to ignore the Law     

No ... my point is people who know the law break it all the time ... you have 

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

You start by Consulting the Fans not by dictating the Model - if its going to be there Ownership then they decide the Model ?   

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. You present people with a blank sheet of paper and say, "Right, what kind of fan ownership do you want?"

It's perfectly reasonable to criticise the setting up of fan ownership of the club, but this is just being critical for the sake of it.

And all of this criticism is now being deflected by a pointless argument about whether the board should/is behaving legally or not.

Simple question, what's the problem here?

Colin Weir's bought a controlling share of the club and is looking to establish fan ownership. We're not happy about how he's doing that? We want fans to be more involved? How?

It seems to me that no matter what happens next, some people won't be happy because they'd much rather the club had been purchased by the consortium. (The venture capitalists/vulture scumbags, for anyone not paying attention.)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

In your private life ? 
so no one ever breaks the law ?

poor response .... really 

I’ve stayed out of this debate so far as I don’t understand Company Law.

But to suggest that a Club like ours should be happy breaking the law is plain silly. We are Thistle, something must differentiate us from other less scrupulous clubs. 

Our standards should be higher. We have shown over the years a resistance to bigotry and those that might want to suppress diversity (eg LGBT, amputee football, embracing refugees).

Our ethics need to be strong & clear. That is the Club I love and follow.

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

I’ve stayed out of this debate so far as I don’t understand Company Law.

But to suggest that a Club like ours should be happy breaking the law is plain silly. We are Thistle, something must differentiate us from other less scrupulous clubs. 

Our standards should be higher. We have shown over the years a resistance to bigotry and those that might want to suppress diversity (eg LGBT, amputee football, embracing refugees).

Our ethics need to be strong & clear. That is the Club I love and follow.

I never suggested that to be clear and I hope we never would 

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

Just let's hope that Springburnjag or any of his ilk get involved with the running of Thistle. The club would be corruptly run, breaking laws, getting caught, getting prosecuted and killing the club. Worse moral standards than that of a certain club south of the Clyde.

Idiot .... if I ran the club it would always operate legally and morally 

have you ever been ....,

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

I have sped a car, but that is entirely different from intentionally  breaking the law within a company. And your point is totally irrelevant. Total deflection. 

No my point is millions of people have broken the law eg speeding or parking and knew what they were doing ...  to deny that is literally trumpian ... 

your deflecting .... badly 

Are we just trying to outdo the New Owner thread for silliness here? Two sides of this argument seem to be:

A) You shouldn't break the law. And Thistle should be run in accordance with the law.

B ) Sometimes people break the law

These are not even conflicting statements! Yet we have pages of argument about it. Which mostly seems to be about people trying to sound clever. Lay off.

PS Firhillista, thanks for your sensible interjection. Totally agree

Edited by allyo

Just now, Springburnjag said:

No my point is millions of people have broken the law eg speeding or parking and knew what they were doing ...  to deny that is literally trumpian ... 

your deflecting .... badly 

Your comments have made it pretty clear that you are blase about companies law being broken, because everybody breaks a law. Your moral compass is way off whack. Shameful.

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Your comments have made it pretty clear that you are blase about companies law being broken, because everybody breaks a law. Your moral compass is way off whack. Shameful.

I felt the need to interject even from the delights of Madrid ....

this thread has got way off track ....

there is only one choice on the table .... fan ownership 

either we make that work and be the best that it can or we don’t 

I don’t accept the conspiracy theories or negative views until there is a reason to do so

but I guess we’re Scottish do it’s all sh*t what’s the question 

Edited by javeajag

12 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Nope ..., just trying to explain how things actually work .... how do you think the financial crisis happened everybody was playing by the rules ? I have a moral compass  you just gave insults 

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

Nope ..., just trying to explain how things actually work .... how do you think the financial crisis happened everybody was playing by the rules ? I have a moral compass  you just gave insults 

Springburnjag, I haven't disagreed with much that you've said. It's just pretty much been obvious facts. People lie, people cheat, been true since the dawn of time (ok not strictly astronomically true, but anyway).

But I've lost track of the point in arguing it, because we can all agree it's not the way anyone wants Thistle to go.