Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
blakey

Jacqui Low

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So I will repeat the Question 

What your saying that there will be no involvement on any level beyond an elected Board - that includes Trustees - Owners - Advisors - Current Directors 

All Shares will be in 100% total control of the Fans and the elected board ?  

Because whilst all these things you have quoted are important-  the key one is that the Fans get the Shares and have unfettered power to run the Club via an elected Board  - and thats what was promised by TFE and there defacto Supporters in the Thistle Trust 

Also TFE made quite clear statements regards the return of JLo - now no return means exactly that - No Return - Advisor - Owner - Trustee - obviously everyone is Welcome as a paying Fan - but No return is No Return 

 

So. Lets move forwards 6 months and lets assume that we have a structure where people can be elected to sit on the board via some sort of fan based voting system. Are you saying that JLo should be somehow barred from standing ? Under what grounds (I know you are keen on the legality, so it needs to be watertight). Lets further assume (admittedly unlikely) that she gets enough votes in her favour to sit on the board. Are you then proposing that she should somehow be barred from becoming the Chair ?

I know this is hypothetical speculation of a worst case scenario, but you have not previously been shy of that. I cannot see how anyone can guarantee a no return as it is outside their powers to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

So. Lets move forwards 6 months and lets assume that we have a structure where people can be elected to sit on the board via some sort of fan based voting system. Are you saying that JLo should be somehow barred from standing ? Under what grounds (I know you are keen on the legality, so it needs to be watertight). Lets further assume (admittedly unlikely) that she gets enough votes in her favour to sit on the board. Are you then proposing that she should somehow be barred from becoming the Chair ?

I know this is hypothetical speculation of a worst case scenario, but you have not previously been shy of that. I cannot see how anyone can guarantee a no return as it is outside their powers to do so. 

100% No - she is fully entitled to stand just as any other Fan and if elected by the Fans then she can obviously sit on the Board - the scenarios / positions mentioned are Non elected  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Springburnjag said:

Is there any evidence jlow is pulling strings and if so which ones ?

 

there have certainly been statements on Social Media by Friends of hers  - that she has returned to the Club ?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

there have certainly been statements on Social Media by Friends of hers  - that she has returned to the Club ?  

 

Is that it ? Is that all you know ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chapwithwings said:

A potential lack of transparency which puts people on edge.

It's been stated, repeatedly, that Jacqui isn't officially involved in the boardroom - done so, as has been indicated elsewhere, presumably because her presence is seen as divisive among certain aspects of the support.  However, we  also know she's still an advisor to the new owner, her PR firm are involved in the club, and now a former board member from her previous, short but undistinguished era in charge has returned to the board.   So there's a legitimate question to be asked about whether she's unofficially involved, or advising, the club and its new owner regarding the current situation or the next phase of the club's transition.

I've no probem with Smillie rejoining the board - it makes sense we establish partnerships with other small-to-medium sports teams in the city, given the dominance of the ugly sisters and the off-field benefits of having those relationships.  Frankly, I've even got no problem if Low is back on the board officially - she's a successful businesswoman, has a good contacts book and is someone who appears to care about Thistle.  But equally, all I expect is transparency about it.

If we're to trust the interim board and new owner to do the right thing by Thistle - which they've  certainly started strongly with - then openness and honesty are essential.  Much of the distrust and issues last time round came from the poor comms and transparency last time - the Doolan departure being the most obvious example, which was handled (whether you agree with the decision to let him leave or not) in the most cack-handed way possible. 

We've a period of uncertainty over the next few months while the new structure and fan ownership terms are sorted, and then a further period of the same going as the new structure gets implemented.  Going into all of that with the added spectre of 'is there someone pulling strings behind the scenes?' doesn't help.

I agree with you about openness. The problem has been recently that every statement appears to be analysed to try and find some inconsistencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The descent from top six in the Premiership to our current position at the bottom of the Championship started under Beattie and Archie. The criticism of Jaqui Low for her part in this is way over the top compared to the criticism of Beattie and Archie. I don't know whether its misogyny or just Jags fans fondness for scapegoats but it is excessive.

As for whether she is back at the club, she isn't an employee, she isn't a director and, as far as I know, she isn't a shareholder, so the answer must be no. One tweet from a friend who has no connection with PTFC (and who has since deleted it) is not evidence to the contrary, nor is one fan claiming to have been told by someone else that she is when we have no idea what actually was said or in what context. In short, there is no basis for harping on about this except to undermine what is currently happening at the club.

If it turns out that she is indeed pulling some  strings by virtue of being Colin Weirs adviser then, frankly, there is nothing we can do about that. David Beattie and the other shareholders were obviously more than happy to sell to him in these circumstances Colin Weir now owns the club and can have anyone advise him that he likes. No -one has any right to tell him what he can and can't do vis a vis Partick Thistle.   Many Thistle fans  may not want JL near the club and Thistle for Ever may have made it clear that they do not want her back either, but now that Colin Weir has the shares, and not them, that is irrelevant.  Until he transfers the shares to some fan owned entity that will remain the case.

Edited by Dunfermline Jag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

The descent from top sex in the Premiership to our current position at the bottom of the Championship started under Beattie and Archie. The criticism of Jaqui Low for her part in this is way over the top compared to the criticism of Beattie and Archie. I don't know whether its misogyny or just Jags fans fondness for scapegoats but it is excessive.

As for whether she is back at the club, she isn't an employee, she isn't a director and, as far as I know, she isn't a shareholder, so the answer must be no. One tweet from a friend who has no connection with PTFC (and who has since deleted it) is not evidence to the contrary, nor is one fan claiming to have been told by someone else that she is when we have no idea what actually was said or in what context. In short, there is no basis for harping on about this except to undermine what is currently happening at the club.

If it turns out that she is indeed pulling some  strings by virtue of being Colin Weirs adviser then, frankly, there is nothing we can do about that. David Beattie and the other shareholders were obviously more than happy to sell to him in these circumstances Colin Weir now owns the club and can have anyone advise him that he likes. No -one has any right to tell him what he can and can't do vis a vis Partick Thistle.   Many Thistle fans  may not want JL near the club and Thistle for Ever may have made it clear that they do not want her back either, but now that Colin Weir has the shares, and not them, that is irrelevant.  Until he transfers the shares to some fan owned entity that will remain the case.

But as TFE made it a precondition of there involvement with the Club then they shouldnt be there if they cant honour it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I agree with you about openness. The problem has been recently that every statement appears to be analysed to try and find some inconsistencies.

Possibly because there is lack of Trust ? 

But lets just see what emerges .........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

The descent from top sex in the Premiership to our current position at the bottom of the Championship started under Beattie and Archie. The criticism of Jaqui Low for her part in this is way over the top compared to the criticism of Beattie and Archie. I don't know whether its misogyny or just Jags fans fondness for scapegoats but it is excessive.

As for whether she is back at the club, she isn't an employee, she isn't a director and, as far as I know, she isn't a shareholder, so the answer must be no. One tweet from a friend who has no connection with PTFC (and who has since deleted it) is not evidence to the contrary, nor is one fan claiming to have been told by someone else that she is when we have no idea what actually was said or in what context. In short, there is no basis for harping on about this except to undermine what is currently happening at the club.

If it turns out that she is indeed pulling some  strings by virtue of being Colin Weirs adviser then, frankly, there is nothing we can do about that. David Beattie and the other shareholders were obviously more than happy to sell to him in these circumstances Colin Weir now owns the club and can have anyone advise him that he likes. No -one has any right to tell him what he can and can't do vis a vis Partick Thistle.   Many Thistle fans  may not want JL near the club and Thistle for Ever may have made it clear that they do not want her back either, but now that Colin Weir has the shares, and not them, that is irrelevant.  Until he transfers the shares to some fan owned entity that will remain the case.

OOH - ERR MISSUS!!!

That's one consequence of the last two years' shitstorm that has hitherto not been under the microscope.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

The descent from top sex in the Premiership to our current position at the bottom of the Championship started under Beattie and Archie. The criticism of Jaqui Low for her part in this is way over the top compared to the criticism of Beattie and Archie. I don't know whether its misogyny or just Jags fans fondness for scapegoats but it is excessive.

As for whether she is back at the club, she isn't an employee, she isn't a director and, as far as I know, she isn't a shareholder, so the answer must be no. One tweet from a friend who has no connection with PTFC (and who has since deleted it) is not evidence to the contrary, nor is one fan claiming to have been told by someone else that she is when we have no idea what actually was said or in what context. In short, there is no basis for harping on about this except to undermine what is currently happening at the club.

If it turns out that she is indeed pulling some  strings by virtue of being Colin Weirs adviser then, frankly, there is nothing we can do about that. David Beattie and the other shareholders were obviously more than happy to sell to him in these circumstances Colin Weir now owns the club and can have anyone advise him that he likes. No -one has any right to tell him what he can and can't do vis a vis Partick Thistle.   Many Thistle fans  may not want JL near the club and Thistle for Ever may have made it clear that they do not want her back either, but now that Colin Weir has the shares, and not them, that is irrelevant.  Until he transfers the shares to some fan owned entity that will remain the case.

There's that word misogyny again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Cop out for a choice that didn’t actually exist 

To be fair to GRE,  an option of the Board continuing under David Beattie could have been an outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sandy said:

To be fair to GRE,  an option of the Board continuing under David Beattie could have been an outcome.

But it wasn’t as both Beattie and shareholders made clear ... they were going to sell .... there was never an option of Beattie and co staying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

But it wasn’t as both Beattie and shareholders made clear ... they were going to sell .... there was never an option of Beattie and co staying 

Actually thats not true - they made it clear at the AGM they would stay if the Club needed them 

Also I dont see anyone discussing the involvement of Colin Weir - so stop deflecting things and trying to move the discussion away to the Consortium - thats not happened so we are where we are 

However I do think that Fans expect to see whats been pitched both by TFE and Press Breifing regards who is Running the Club - and by Running that excludes Owners Advisors - Pals - someone you met in Jaconnelis - the people who run the Club are the Directors - Colin Weir is one of them - there is no requirement for anyone beyond this to be involved  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Actually thats not true - they made it clear at the AGM they would stay if the Club needed them 

Also I dont see anyone discussing the involvement of Colin Weir - so stop deflecting things and trying to move the discussion away to the Consortium - thats not happened so we are where we are 

However I do think that Fans expect to see whats been pitched both by TFE and Press Breifing regards who is Running the Club - and by Running that excludes Owners Advisors - Pals - someone you met in Jaconnelis - the people who run the Club are the Directors - Colin Weir is one of them - there is no requirement for anyone beyond this to be involved  

They made it clear they would sell to your consortium if allowed to ... you know full well staying was not  what they wanted and that’s what’s happened 

you do ....personally I’m happy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×