Jacqui Low

blakey

1 hour ago, Springburnjag said:

Correct.....cue lecture on fiduciary responsibilities of directors 

This from the person who was asking how Many Directors go to Prison on H&S Compliance Failures 

I dont determine the concept of fiduciary responsibilities of directors - the Companies Act does that - thats the Law in which Companies operate under - now if your suggesting Directors should ignore it - or it doesnt really apply to Partick Thistle - go ahead - if your suggesting that  someone has to go to Court to enforce it - No you dont - so the Club as its always done way back to when Jim Oliver was "Majority Shareholder " operates within the Rules  - thats it - No Grey Areas - No "Shadows" within the Rules   

And you can argue until Hell Freezes over about "how it works in reality " well it doesn't - it operates within the Rules 

Because to not operate within them creates a scenario where no one knows who is running the place - that means a mess -that means things like H&S - Finances etc etc run the danger of No one quite knowing who is doing what - so you operate within the rules & all aspects of the Club - Trusts etc follow Corporate Governance  - if anyone is struggling as to what the rules are - we have a Lawyer CEO who can explain them in simple terms    

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Ok well couple of things - my Shares were purchased at the time of STJ - I spent £2000 on them whilst not a massive amount  of cash at the time I had a Young Family and had just started a  business - the money was hard earned and it was a reasonable chunk - but I put it ion willingly and expected nothing back in any shape or form -this story can be repeated for numerous small Shareholders  - so I couldnt care less - he is a Shareholder - The Directors serve ALL Shareholders to attempt to demean those of us who have stepped up over a long number of Years contributing and working for the Club is frankly disgraceful 

If Colin weir is deciding then having a Board or Directors or a Steering Group is a complete waste of time as he will "decide" anyway - so which one do you want it to be - a Sham of a Working Group and a Board doing as there told - or a Board and a Working Group Serving all Shareholders and Fans and  doing what they believe to be the right thing and be prepared to walk away or be sacked - you cant get both so stop repeating he is a Majority Shareholder ( in your favour at least the narrative of "Owner" has stopped ) 

I’m not demeaning you , I’m only pointing out as a a majority shareholder within the Club that Colin Weir undoubtedly will be key to the direction that the Club moves in as you would expect from the Shareholding he’s acquired.

Did you Google majority shareholder?

4 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This from the person who was asking how Many Directors go to Prison on H&S Compliance Failures 

I dont determine the concept of fiduciary responsibilities of directors - the Companies Act does that - thats the Law in which Companies operate under - now if your suggesting Directors should ignore it - or it doesnt really apply to Partick Thistle - go ahead - if your suggesting that  someone has to go to Court to enforce it - No you dont - so the Club as its always done way back to when Jim Oliver was "Majority Shareholder " operates within the Rules  - thats it - No Grey Areas - No "Shadows" within the Rules   

And you can argue until Hell Freezes over about "how it works in reality " well it doesn't - it operates within the Rules 

Because to not operate within them creates a scenario where no one knows who is running the place - that means a mess -that means things like H&S - Finances etc etc run the danger of No one quite knowing who is doing what - so you operate within the rules & all aspects of the Club - Trusts etc follow Corporate Governance  - if anyone is struggling as to what the rules are - we have a Lawyer CEO who can explain them in simple terms    

And you didn’t disappoint......

since I’m a company director and have been for many years I think I know how it works .....thanks 

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not demeaning you , I’m only pointing out as a a majority shareholder within the Club that Colin Weir undoubtedly will be key to the direction that the Club moves in as you would expect from the Shareholding he’s acquired.

Did you Google majority shareholder?

I didnt need to I understand the position - however the difference is between Direction and Decision plus responsibility and as we Im sure both accept  all decisions are made by the Board - Not the Majority Shareholder - they are discussed voted and minuted - if the Majority Shareholder doesnt like them they can remove the Directors 

But so we are clear Majority Shareholder- does not remove Authority or Decision making outwith the Board 

And you are demeaning small shareholders - we have been around  a long time - our rights remain  

2 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

I didnt need to I understand the position - however the difference is between Direction and Decision plus responsibility and as we Im sure both accept  all decisions are made by the Board - Not the Majority Shareholder - they are discussed voted and minuted - if the Majority Shareholder doesnt like them they can remove the Directors 

But so we are clear Majority Shareholder- does not remove Authority or Decision making outwith the Board 

And you are demeaning small shareholders - we have been around  a long time - our rights remain  

I would imagine the current BOD will be on the same wavelength as Colin Weir or they probably wouldn’t be there in the first place .

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

Fine - then you know the Rules ............

And I know some rules are general and some are specific and that there can be as a result different interpretations as to whether a particular decision or course of action is complaint with said rules(s) .....it’s not all black and white and for good reason 

4 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

And I know some rules are general and some are specific and that there can be as a result different interpretations as to whether a particular decision or course of action is complaint with said rules(s) .....it’s not all black and white and for good reason 

But the one rule thats specific is that the Directors are responsible - below them employees who take directions from Directors and its Directors who are  accountable - so they have to take the decisions - and they represent all Shareholders 

Otherwise there is no point in having a Board of Directors     

8 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I would imagine the current BOD will be on the same wavelength as Colin Weir or they probably wouldn’t be there in the first place .

Your most probably Right but we have Three who are  there to represent the Fans - and I would expect them to represent the Fans Views first & foremost .......    

Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

But the one rule thats specific is that the Directors are responsible - below them employees who take directions from Directors and its Directors who are  accountable - so they have to take the decisions - and they represent all Shareholders 

Otherwise there is no point in having a Board of Directors     

Yes directors are responsible 

but in reality whilst directors have a responsibility to act in the interests of all shareholders proving they are not doing so is not black and white and can be difficult to establish 

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

but in reality whilst directors have a responsibility to act in the interests of all shareholders proving they are not doing so is not black and white and can be difficult to establish 

Not if other shareholders can demonstrate evidence towards the authorities, this is why AGM’s , EGM’s and board meetings are minuted

1 minute ago, Springburnjag said:

Possibly - but given there are a lot of small Shareholders -who put there hard earned cash into the Club and have the same rights ( apart from not having the shares to have a Majority ) a responsible Board would ensure all Shareholders are taken into account - as they are Fans and the Lifeblood of the Club - ignoring them is ignoring the Fans and thats not a good idea  

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Easier than you would think in this digital age of emails, WhatsApp groups and mobile phone pictures 

It won’t necessarily be about finding evidence  - the facts may not even be in dispute - but about the interpretation of a course of action as I said not necessarily black and white 

Possibly - but given there are a lot of small Shareholders -who put there hard earned cash into the Club and have the same rights ( apart from not having the shares to have a Majority ) a responsible Board would ensure all Shareholders are taken into account - as they are Fans and the Lifeblood of the Club - ignoring them is ignoring the Fans and thats not a good idea  

I wouldnt disagree with that and you would hope any disagreement would be resolved internally 

5 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

It won’t necessarily be about finding evidence  - the facts may not even be in dispute - but about the interpretation of a course of action as I said not necessarily black and white 

We’re not talking about a small shareholder taking on a multinational corporation who lawyer up via tiers and tiers of levels. On our level small shareholders are looked at very favorable by the authorities 

Just now, Springburnjag said:

I wouldnt disagree with that and you would hope any disagreement would be resolved internally 

It very much depends - small shareholders like myself made major sacrifices at the time  of Save The Jags and quite literally the Fans Bankrolled the Club - whilst my £2000 isnt anywhere near our Major Shareholders contribution-  it was money that could have been spent elsewhere in my Family Budget and I worked hard for it as most Small Shareholders did   - but as a Third Generation Fan - who wanted a Club that my Kids could support-  I gave willingly and without question 

Any Board who ignores that is wrong - and  in all my Years as a Fan-  even when Jim Oliver was Majority Shareholder - the rules and the Small Shareholders have always been paramount - we also have the Jags Trust - a not so small shareholder who seem to be out of the loop - but they hold 7% on behalf of the Fans

So complicated  - Yes - but Im sure the Board are going to run the Club as required  and make the correct decisions     

It very much depends - small shareholders like myself made major sacrifices at the time  of Save The Jags and quite literally the Fans Bankrolled the Club - whilst my £2000 isnt anywhere near our Major Shareholders contribution-  it was money that could have been spent elsewhere in my Family Budget and I worked hard for it as most Small Shareholders did   - but as a Third Generation Fan - who wanted a Club that my Kids could support-  I gave willingly and without question 

Any Board who ignores that is wrong - and  in all my Years as a Fan-  even when Jim Oliver was Majority Shareholder - the rules and the Small Shareholders have always been paramount - we also have the Jags Trust - a not so small shareholder who seem to be out of the loop - but they hold 7% on behalf of the Fans

So complicated  - Yes - but Im sure the Board are going to run the Club as required  and make the correct decisions     

I’m sure they will too

13 minutes ago, Springburnjag said:

Of course there are but is a dispute not often about interpretation of facts 

Always - but there are also various protections that safegaurd the position of small shareholders and fortunately these options avoid them having to try and fund a costly legal process - the reason being is that most shareholdings in a Company are small and have to be protected otherwise no one would invest  and as stated it will  always protect the small shareholder and there rights 

So talk of defacto ownership etc by Majority Shareholding there are still 45% of the shares to be factored in - once you get to 75% ownership then small shareholders have no rights but 55% thats just a majority - yes direction etc etc  can be given but it ends there - its not Ownership- nd a Board has to take that into account 

1 minute ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Always - but there are also various protections that safegaurd the position of small shareholders and fortunately these options avoid them having to try and fund a costly legal process - the reason being is that most shareholdings in a Company are small and have to be protected otherwise no one would invest  and as stated it will  always protect the small shareholder and there rights 

So talk of defacto ownership etc by Majority Shareholding there are still 45% of the shares to be factored in - once you get to 75% ownership then small shareholders have no rights but 55% thats just a majority - yes direction etc etc  can be given but it ends there - its not Ownership- nd a Board has to take that into account 

And of course if Colin weir gives his shares to the PTFC trust they may well have 75%