Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy McD

Penicuik 23.11.2019.

Recommended Posts

It's 9.15 on Friday night I think it's about time we had a thread about tomorrow's Scottish Cup game vs Penicuik.. In the past if I have started the thread we have won  so here's hoping for a resounding Jags victory..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What team do we play? By the sounds of it last weeks win wasn’t a great performance and with the Banzo, Palmer, Gordon, Kakay Zanatta back available do we change the team with the Alloa game in mind next Tues?

I’d probably start the same team as last week, maybe even try starting Zanatta and Mansell and rest Kenny for Tuesdays game? I don’t think we’ll see too many changes after Auchinleck beat Ayr last season with IM in charge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kakay should be back in the starting team and I expect Palmer also to play a part. Not sure if McGinty dropped or rested last week. Would probably prefer him to Hall for this particular game as I can see him producing some marauding runs. Personally I would give Sneddon a game, but that is perhaps less likely. My proposed team (with some flexibility as to the deployment of the midfield triangle):

Sneddon

Williamson         O'Ware          McGinty          Penrice

Slater          Cole

Kakay          Palmer          Zanatta

Miller

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we've won our last two games I'm still not really seeing a settled structure or selection under McCall any more than I did under Caldwell. Or am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allyo said:

While we've won our last two games I'm still not really seeing a settled structure or selection under McCall any more than I did under Caldwell. Or am I missing something?

Then that confirms that either McCall is a lucky manager or he has something that can get a sow out of a pig's ear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Then that confirms that either McCall is a lucky manager or he has something that can get a sow out of a pig's ear.

No problem with that if it gets us success. I'm not criticising, and the Morton game showed more spirit than I'd seen for a long time.

Just genuinely interested in people's view while we're thinking about team selection. Are we any closer to identifying a first eleven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, allyo said:

No problem with that if it gets us success. I'm not criticising, and the Morton game showed more spirit than I'd seen for a long time.

Just genuinely interested in people's view while we're thinking about team selection. Are we any closer to identifying a first eleven?

Probably not . I would think McCall is still tinkering with his preferred formation(s) and finding who fits it. And I would think he knows who he wants to bring in to suit that in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Probably not . I would think McCall is still tinkering with his preferred formation(s) and finding who fits it. And I would think he knows who he wants to bring in to suit that in January.

Yeah probably right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allyo said:

No problem with that if it gets us success. I'm not criticising, and the Morton game showed more spirit than I'd seen for a long time.

Just genuinely interested in people's view while we're thinking about team selection. Are we any closer to identifying a first eleven?

I'd say no. Maybe one or two coming into the first pick category. Maybe a couple joining the only in an emergency list. By and large tho' I think McCall is some way off identifying the optimum eleven. Maybe stay much that way till January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'd say no. Maybe one or two coming into the first pick category. Maybe a couple joining the only in an emergency list. By and large tho' I think McCall is some way off identifying the optimum eleven. Maybe stay much that way till January.

Agree m’lady. To me it looks as if he’s still assessing the ‘squad’ he inherited; ahead of making decisions in the January window. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sandy said:

Agree m’lady. To me it looks as if he’s still assessing the ‘squad’ he inherited; ahead of making decisions in the January window. 

I'm actually a little concerned about the January window in so much as some fans are looking forward to who we are going to bring in. There has never been any public promise from either the previous chair or the current interim board that Ian McCall will have any money to spend in January. Could it be that he has been brought in to shape what we already have into a team which will survive in this league? If we need to operate on a wage out for each one in there may not be much scope for movement at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scotty said:

I'm actually a little concerned about the January window in so much as some fans are looking forward to who we are going to bring in. There has never been any public promise from either the previous chair or the current interim board that Ian McCall will have any money to spend in January. Could it be that he has been brought in to shape what we already have into a team which will survive in this league? If we need to operate on a wage out for each one in there may not be much scope for movement at all.

I'm sure that the interim board have stated that the will back the manager in January window. Take from that what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I'm sure that the interim board have stated that the will back the manager in January window. Take from that what you will.

That could mean that they won't sack him. I'm sure that I McC is confident he can do well no matter what support he gets as he took the job on and unless he was promised loadsa cash under the consortium he should not have any illusions about our financial position. It's the fans'expectations I'm worried about.

Edited by scotty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox

Williamson, Hall, O'Ware, Penrice

Kakay, Slater, Cole, Robson

Miller, Mansell

 

with Palmer, Harkins and Zanatta coming on as impact subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Why does this line-up give me the fear?

FB_IMG_1574518438892.thumb.jpg.ac9e08c3ce7cbbf2db5af99e9d08d3b7.jpg

Doesn’t look like a lot of goals in that team plus 5 at the back .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Doesn’t look like a lot of goals in that team plus 5 at the back .

Harkins as a fat...sorry...false number 9?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Harkins as a fat...sorry...false number 9?

Time of year when the fat man with the beard comes to life .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×