Penicuik 23.11.2019.

Jimmy McD

What team do we play? By the sounds of it last weeks win wasn’t a great performance and with the Banzo, Palmer, Gordon, Kakay Zanatta back available do we change the team with the Alloa game in mind next Tues?

I’d probably start the same team as last week, maybe even try starting Zanatta and Mansell and rest Kenny for Tuesdays game? I don’t think we’ll see too many changes after Auchinleck beat Ayr last season with IM in charge.

• Like 1

Kakay should be back in the starting team and I expect Palmer also to play a part. Not sure if McGinty dropped or rested last week. Would probably prefer him to Hall for this particular game as I can see him producing some marauding runs. Personally I would give Sneddon a game, but that is perhaps less likely. My proposed team (with some flexibility as to the deployment of the midfield triangle):

Sneddon

Williamson         O'Ware          McGinty          Penrice

Slater          Cole

Kakay          Palmer          Zanatta

Miller

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

While we've won our last two games I'm still not really seeing a settled structure or selection under McCall any more than I did under Caldwell. Or am I missing something?

Then that confirms that either McCall is a lucky manager or he has something that can get a sow out of a pig's ear.

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Then that confirms that either McCall is a lucky manager or he has something that can get a sow out of a pig's ear.

No problem with that if it gets us success. I'm not criticising, and the Morton game showed more spirit than I'd seen for a long time.

Just genuinely interested in people's view while we're thinking about team selection. Are we any closer to identifying a first eleven?

Just now, allyo said:

No problem with that if it gets us success. I'm not criticising, and the Morton game showed more spirit than I'd seen for a long time.

Just genuinely interested in people's view while we're thinking about team selection. Are we any closer to identifying a first eleven?

Probably not . I would think McCall is still tinkering with his preferred formation(s) and finding who fits it. And I would think he knows who he wants to bring in to suit that in January.

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I'd say no. Maybe one or two coming into the first pick category. Maybe a couple joining the only in an emergency list. By and large tho' I think McCall is some way off identifying the optimum eleven. Maybe stay much that way till January.

29 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'd say no. Maybe one or two coming into the first pick category. Maybe a couple joining the only in an emergency list. By and large tho' I think McCall is some way off identifying the optimum eleven. Maybe stay much that way till January.

Agree m’lady. To me it looks as if he’s still assessing the ‘squad’ he inherited; ahead of making decisions in the January window. 

5 minutes ago, sandy said:

Agree m’lady. To me it looks as if he’s still assessing the ‘squad’ he inherited; ahead of making decisions in the January window. 

I'm actually a little concerned about the January window in so much as some fans are looking forward to who we are going to bring in. There has never been any public promise from either the previous chair or the current interim board that Ian McCall will have any money to spend in January. Could it be that he has been brought in to shape what we already have into a team which will survive in this league? If we need to operate on a wage out for each one in there may not be much scope for movement at all.

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

I'm actually a little concerned about the January window in so much as some fans are looking forward to who we are going to bring in. There has never been any public promise from either the previous chair or the current interim board that Ian McCall will have any money to spend in January. Could it be that he has been brought in to shape what we already have into a team which will survive in this league? If we need to operate on a wage out for each one in there may not be much scope for movement at all.

I'm sure that the interim board have stated that the will back the manager in January window. Take from that what you will.

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I'm sure that the interim board have stated that the will back the manager in January window. Take from that what you will.

That could mean that they won't sack him. I'm sure that I McC is confident he can do well no matter what support he gets as he took the job on and unless he was promised loadsa cash under the consortium he should not have any illusions about our financial position. It's the fans'expectations I'm worried about.

Edited by scotty