Penicuik 23.11.2019.

Jimmy McD

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

A typical Thistle performance this season has comprised of three phases: first dominance, then complacency, then panic.

Unfortunately, today the complacency kicked in at, what, two minutes?

Too many of the current squad don't seem to understand that winning games requires concentration and effort - being a 'good footballer' isn't enough.

I don't think McCall needs a massive clear out in January, but I do think he needs to make three key signings - a center half, a centre midfielder and a centre forward. We need to put a spine into the team of players who have the right attitude. Players who hate losing and who take every tackle/throw-in/corner lost as a personal afront.

Oh, and a word needs to be had with Zanatta - Thistle players don't play like that.

I think we could do with getting rid of quite a few players to be honest..  i think we should punt..

Robson ..Doesnt really have a position or add anything to the team.

Harkins .. Hes just not worth the wage, lucky to get half a game out of him. Maybe a good last 15-20 min sub because he would help see a game out or set up a chance but surely thats not enough.

Saunders/Mcginty.. One of them need to be replaced imo. If you could just roll the two of them into the one player we would be sorted.

(Mcginty 6'4 shite in the air, absolutely nothing commanding about him. Not bad on the ball.  Saunders polar opposite good in the air and strong. Shite on the ball and clumsy.)

Mansell.. Cant fault the lad for effort but i think his wage could be put to better use.

Jones .. looked slow and quite frankly pish. His record of games at previous clubs was worrying and im not really suprised hes injured.

De vita.. pretty pointless him being here imo.

Thats 6 players id say we could definitely do better than. Hope Ian gets some funds to make some changes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I think we could do with getting rid of quite a few players to be honest..  i think we should punt..

Robson ..Doesnt really have a position or add anything to the team.

Harkins .. Hes just not worth the wage, lucky to get half a game out of him. Maybe a good last 15-20 min sub because he would help see a game out or set up a chance but surely thats not enough.

Saunders/Mcginty.. One of them need to be replaced imo. If you could just roll the two of them into the one player we would be sorted.

(Mcginty 6'4 shite in the air, absolutely nothing commanding about him. Not bad on the ball.  Saunders polar opposite good in the air and strong. Shite on the ball and clumsy.)

Mansell.. Cant fault the lad for effort but i think his wage could be put to better use.

Jones .. looked slow and quite frankly pish. His record of games at previous clubs was worrying and im not really suprised hes injured.

De vita.. pretty pointless him being here imo.

Thats 6 players id say we could definitely do better than. Hope Ian gets some funds to make some changes. 

Agree absolutely with that list, apart from Robbo. I think he's a really good player but McCall seems to be struggling to find a place to play him.

I’d agree with that list. I’d add Williamson to it. Utter crap. Very few of them are worth keeping. They’re either pish or pish and gutless. Harkins looks like a pub player. Jones looked utter crap. Mansell is English non league level at best ( although that’s probably better than us), zanatta is another one who can go but we’re probably stuck with him and a lot of the other dross. 

12 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

I’d agree with that list. I’d add Williamson to it. Utter crap. Very few of them are worth keeping. They’re either pish or pish and gutless. Harkins looks like a pub player. Jones looked utter crap. Mansell is English non league level at best ( although that’s probably better than us), zanatta is another one who can go but we’re probably stuck with him and a lot of the other dross. 

I considerd icluding Zannatta on the list but his record of assists and goals in the same league last season  make me think his best could be yet to come.   

Williamson and Penrice could do with a decent sitting midfielder to help them out to be fair to them.

39 minutes ago, Motherwell Jag said:

Missed the goal due to a bit if traffic. Brought along a pal who hadn’t been for years. Don’t think he’ll be rushing back.

In a similar situation - said to friend, if we play well today why not come along again on Tuesday night?

'Collapse of stout party'.

I would have accepted a hard fought win today but it was the attitude that just infuriates me - these players have not earned the arrogance to think they can roll over anyone

Our total lack of commitment and professionalism was demonstrated late on when Williamson was put through and was offside. At that stage you should be professional and let the ball run out or give it a nudge the wrong way. He petulantly hit it into the box anyway straight into the keepers arms who took the free kick quickly whilst Williamson was out of position. 

Btw, well done to Penicuik today - they could have folded after losing an early goal and then a calamity moment from the keeper but they kept at it 

We're ok for goalkeepers. I don't rate Williamson, Robson, McGinty  (though he's kinda enigma), Saunders terrible today. Penrice is one of ours but he's not convincing, Harkins is done  (but thanks), Palmer is talented  but nah, best thing about Cole is that he looks like Colin McGlashan, Zanatta is up there with my least favourite players ever (yet he was amazing in his first game). DeVita doesn't even register. Neither does Hall. Mansell I don't hate but that's about it.

Slater worked hard today. So did Kenny Miller but he's nearly as old as me. Bannigan will always be a hero to me but I suppose he needs to perform. O,'Ware I'm coming around to. I like Kakay.

But make no mistake. Last year I thought we were poor but probably too good to get relegated. This year I don't think so. 

I like our manager. I wish him all the best.

Jeez we made  what should have been a stroll in the park and out of sight in first 10 mins into a massive rearguard nervy cluster...pass marks only for a Penrice,Cole and MOTM imho Slater.Goodness knows what is going on in McCalls  mind playing Harkins(am I right in saying he almost had a shot on target with his belly ?) and an ever increasingly disappointing Zanata .

Anhoos , on a positive note.... a clean sheet ..and well done to Penicuik and their fans for shear effort and noise...although their number 9 should have been red carded .

29 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

I considerd icluding Zannatta on the list but his record of assists and goals in the same league last season  make me think his best could be yet to come.   

Williamson and Penrice could do with a decent sitting midfielder to help them out to be fair to them.

Don’t really know how we seem to mess up players, Dario Zanatta was a good player last year with Alloa , scored a few goals and a lot of assists, he now looks a shadow of that player .

James Penrice was an absolute disgrace today , went through the motions , very little effort, don’t think he even crossed the half way line .

Just now, jlsarmy said:

Don’t really know how we seem to mess up players, Dario Zanatta was a good player last year with Alloa , scored a few goals and a lot of assists, he now looks a shadow of that player .

James Penrice was an absolute disgrace today , went through the motions , very little effort, don’t think he even crossed the half way line .

Penrice has been a disgrace more often than he’s not. He seems to have credit because he’s came through the youth system but he’s absolutely rotten. Nowhere near the player he seems to think he is. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Penrice has been a disgrace more often than he’s not. He seems to have credit because he’s came through the youth system but he’s absolutely rotten. Nowhere near the player he seems to think he is. 

I think there is a player in there , he’s got technique but his attitude has got to change, today was all about 10 yard passes , in the first half especially when we played with a 3/5 at the back he should have been busting a gut to get forward , I can’t remember any meaningful cross into the box , IMO he went through the motions today.

6 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Hes 20 and still learning .. im unsure why you think he seems to think hes so great, he doesnt come across that way at all to me.

2 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Hes 20 and still learning .. im unsure why you think he seems to think hes so great, he doesnt come across that way at all to me.

He is still learning but it should be maximum effort every week , he’s been about the first team for the last 3 seasons between ourselves and Livi , so the penny should have dropped by now in terms of fitness and effort.

He absolutely could be a good player for us .