Penicuik 23.11.2019.

Jimmy McD

10 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Oh yeah, the officials were disgustingly biased towards the big team today.

We were due a penalty in the last minute. Apart from that I thought it was fair enough. Zanatta should have been booked though.

Regards Penrice. He's currently  not as good as everyone else seems to think. But I wouldn't blame him for that. 

Eta Actually maybe I would. I think he's a better player than he is currently showing. 

Edited by allyo

14 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

He is still learning but it should be maximum effort every week , he’s been about the first team for the last 3 seasons between ourselves and Livi , so the penny should have dropped by now in terms of fitness and effort.

He absolutely could be a good player for us .

Fair enough he wasnt at his best today but saying the boys a disgrace and thinks he is better than is, id extremely harsh. Hes never been someone i would single out before for a lack of effort .. never pulls out a tackle either. If id fault him for anything it would be his positioning in the sense of when to get forward and when to maybe stay back. But that also comes with a settled team, which we dont have at the moment.

Roll on January. .

Edited by Thistle88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

I considerd icluding Zannatta on the list but his record of assists and goals in the same league last season  make me think his best could be yet to come.   

Williamson and Penrice could do with a decent sitting midfielder to help them out to be fair to them.

I don’t think there are many players that come good after a poor prolonged start at a club. I am sure Zanatta will fit in at another club but he doesn’t seem to want to be at Firhill.

11 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Fair enough he wasnt at his best today but saying the boys a disgrace and thinks he is better than is, id extremely harsh. Hes never been someone i would single out before for a lack of effort .. never pulls out a tackle either. If id fault him for anything it would be his positioning in the sense of when to get forward and when to maybe stay back. But that also comes with a settled team, which we dont have at the moment.

Roll on January. .

I didn’t say he thinks he’s better than he is , but if you were at the game today did you think he went through the motions?

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

I didn’t say he thinks he’s better than he is , but if you were at the game today did you think he went through the motions?

Sorry it wasnt you that said that ! . . Yeah i  agree with you he did. I just think people are being OTT. We were shit today but we got through. Tuesdays far more important and if we play the same way we will lose.. I I trust McCall will be telling them it wasnt good enough.

I assume Miller and Kakay were rested today, with Miller being an old ****** and kakay just returning from international duty.  Id expect them to start on tuesday. 

How many games is banzo out with suspension? And is Cardle available again.

Intrigued by Palmer's comment in his JagZone interview (with a rather sheepish grin) that Zanatta could go down rather easily. It was almost as though he was sending a coded message to his team-mate that he was a bit embarrassed by this and it was not the way that the game should be played.

Perhaps I am reading far too much into it, but it is rare for a player to make a critical comment about a team-mate's attitude.

37 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Sorry it wasnt you that said that ! . . Yeah i  agree with you he did. I just think people are being OTT. We were shit today but we got through. Tuesdays far more important and if we play the same way we will lose.. I I trust McCall will be telling them it wasnt good enough.

I assume Miller and Kakay were rested today, with Miller being an old ****** and kakay just returning from international duty.  Id expect them to start on tuesday. 

How many games is banzo out with suspension? And is Cardle available again.

Bannigan out for Tuesday, back after that. Not sure about Cardle.

8 hours ago, Firhillista said:

Dreadful performance. Scoring early seemed to make them think it was game over. If they don't focus and work harder, we're in trouble.

Harkins and Zanatta are hopeless up front. We need Millar and Mansell on.

(Actually beginning to think Zanatta is a bit of a waste of space irrespective of who we're playing...)

agreed he is a shite bag..

3 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I considerd icluding Zannatta on the list but his record of assists and goals in the same league last season  make me think his best could be yet to come.   

Williamson and Penrice could do with a decent sitting midfielder to help them out to be fair to them.

no sorry. Williamson is ponderous on the ball , not confident enough to get to the bye-line and piut uin a cross . always cuts inse, plays an easy square pass then stands adbmiring it.

Pish 

• Like 1

80 Firhill Road

Glasgow

Scotland

Dear Santa,

I no your busy at this time of year but since I've been good all year my mum says I can rite to you.  can I have 22 football players from my Christmas ?  Pleeze.  ill even poot out some carrits for the raindeer and a mince pie for you.  

Ian.

PS     I no I said 11 players in my last letter but im riting again cos thing have got worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Other than that great chance in the first half, Penicuik didn't really have any clear cut chances despite having lots of possession.

They were well organised and did brilliantly considering how early they went behind.

The early goal probably worked against us. The players thought they would coast it and proceeded to put in well below 100%.

Possibly the laziest front 2 ever seen in a Jags jersey, Harkins and Zanatta should be embarrased by that performance.

The captain should be setting the standard but O'Ware struts around as if he's some world beater. Booting the ball away, swearing at team mates, always taking the easy option isn't the kind of standard I'd be looking for in my captain. His absence last season seemed to increase folks perception of how good he is in my opinion.

January can't come soon enough for McCall. His hands are tied at the minute but setting up 3-5-2 against a non league team at home didn't exactly set a positive tone.

Not sure any player could put his hand up and say they played well although Slater at least seem to be putting in the effort. Could hear him a few times giving Zanatta a hard time for being a lazy b*stard.

Big improvents needed on Tuesday if we are to get anything.

12 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Weren’t they all just going through the motions. He was no worse than anyone else. 

They just strolled through the game like they couldn't care less about the club or even the job they're paid to do for a living. Just like most of the players we've had ever since we finished top six.

43 minutes ago, King Kenny said:

Other than that great chance in the first half, Penicuik didn't really have any clear cut chances despite having lots of possession.

They were well organised and did brilliantly considering how early they went behind.

The early goal probably worked against us. The players thought they would coast it and proceeded to put in well below 100%.

Possibly the laziest front 2 ever seen in a Jags jersey, Harkins and Zanatta should be embarrased by that performance.

The captain should be setting the standard but O'Ware struts around as if he's some world beater. Booting the ball away, swearing at team mates, always taking the easy option isn't the kind of standard I'd be looking for in my captain. His absence last season seemed to increase folks perception of how good he is in my opinion.

January can't come soon enough for McCall. His hands are tied at the minute but setting up 3-5-2 against a non league team at home didn't exactly set a positive tone.

Not sure any player could put his hand up and say they played well although Slater at least seem to be putting in the effort. Could hear him a few times giving Zanatta a hard time for being a lazy b*stard.

Big improvents needed on Tuesday if we are to get anything.

Lot in there I agree with. The early goal working against us just shows how quickly this team can down tools. What's required of course is a leader on the field to motivate the players. I have sympathy for McCall (and even historically for Caldwell) in so much the manager is kinda powerless to affect attitude during a game. When the most senior player on the park is arguably the worst culprit it must makes things doubly difficult.

You're comments about O'Ware may well be accurate but I doubt there's anyone in the squad better placed to be captain at this moment in time. Best of a bad bunch.