Penicuik 23.11.2019.

Jimmy McD

14 hours ago, allyo said:

We're ok for goalkeepers. I don't rate Williamson, Robson, McGinty  (though he's kinda enigma), Saunders terrible today. Penrice is one of ours but he's not convincing, Harkins is done  (but thanks), Palmer is talented  but nah, best thing about Cole is that he looks like Colin McGlashan, Zanatta is up there with my least favourite players ever (yet he was amazing in his first game). DeVita doesn't even register. Neither does Hall. Mansell I don't hate but that's about it.

Slater worked hard today. So did Kenny Miller but he's nearly as old as me. Bannigan will always be a hero to me but I suppose he needs to perform. O,'Ware I'm coming around to. I like Kakay.

But make no mistake. Last year I thought we were poor but probably too good to get relegated. This year I don't think so. 

I like our manager. I wish him all the best.

I agree with most of this but think Hall and Cole are good players. Zanatta could be good but not conviced yet.

I think Slater is the most over rated player at Firhill for years. 

14 hours ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Penrice has been a disgrace more often than he’s not. He seems to have credit because he’s came through the youth system but he’s absolutely rotten. Nowhere near the player he seems to think he is. 

Said this a few weeks ago. Gets away with it cos he's "one of our own".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, allyo said:

We were due a penalty in the last minute. Apart from that I thought it was fair enough. Zanatta should have been booked though.

Regards Penrice. He's currently  not as good as everyone else seems to think. But I wouldn't blame him for that. 

Eta Actually maybe I would. I think he's a better player than he is currently showing. 

Ian McCall adamant that both penalty incidents were stone wallers. 

I must admit, I felt the same at the time. Neither player had any need to go down.

41 minutes ago, Jag said:

Said this a few weeks ago. Gets away with it cos he's "one of our own".

Putting Penrice aside and on a slightly different tack there's not enough "one of our owns" in the squad. By definition I mean players either thru our youth system or established Jags who arrived at a youngish age. To be a "one of own" means he a player regardless of quality that'll put that bit extra into a game, never hides. While there's strong arguments on an individual basis to support each of those players who left/weren't retained, at this moment in time we're crying out for more of that type of player just to be in and around the squad. The championship season thread just hammers this home. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

They just strolled through the game like they couldn't care less about the club or even the job they're paid to do for a living. Just like most of the players we've had ever since we finished top six.

Without really disagreeing with you, I would say that primarily the players are paid to win football matches and that is what they did.

39 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Thought Kakay ‘s was definite. The other one Zanatta? I thought he went down too easily as usual 

Kaykay's was definitely a foul but a photo of it on Twitter has the initial contact outside the box.

Not to give anything was a terrible decision.

Thought Penicuik were very good, seen worse teams come away with a win.

Our team is very poor, think we have too many rotten apples in the barrel and it really isn't helping matters.

We have a smattering of honest pros that have the guts to stand up and be counted, take pride in themselves and the club and refuse to hide and drift through games. Sadly, this is countered with the fact that we've far too many wasters, bums and passengers, that are at best, totally and utterly anonymous.

Let's be honest, who in their right minds would want to "take on" many of these players?

Can't see this being sorted out in a single transfer window.

Edited by AndyMac
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, elevenone said:

Spare a thought for the punters who were a minute late, must be kicking themselves.  

Spare a thought for thd rest of us that had to endure the next 89 minutes :happy2:

Would sign their big number 5 defender & number 9 midfielder tomorrow thought they were both outstanding - started to wish they'd score so I could visit a new ground. 

Edited by gianlucatoni

43 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Thought Penicuik were very good, seen worse teams come away with a win.

Our team is very poor, think we have too many rotten apples in the barrel and it really isn't helping matters.

We have a smattering of honest pros that have the guts to stand up, be counted, take pride in themselves and the club and refuse to hide hide and drift through games. Sadly, this is countered with the fact that we've far too many wasters, bums and passengers, that are at best, totally and utterly anonymous.

Let's be honest, who in their right minds would want to "take on" many of these players?

Can't see this being sorted out in a single transfer window.

Only good cause we made them look good by being an unprofessional shambles...Roll on January and hopefully 90% of that dross is shipped off!

7 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Only good cause we made them look good by being an unprofessional shambles...Roll on January and hopefully 90% of that dross is shipped off!

Shipped off where? Who'd want them and is there any money to bring in new signings without a lot of our current squad going and freeing up wages?

Our goal is impressive. No Penicuik player touches the ball before we score. All 11 Thistle players involved (has that ever happened before?). Touch sequence is:

Harkins

Slater

Zanatta 2

Penrice

Hall

O'Ware 2

Saunders 2

Williamson 3

O'Ware 2

Hall 2

Penrice 2

Cole

Penrice 2

Palmer

Saunders 3

Williamson 2

Fox 2

Hall

Fox 2

Saunders 3

Cole

Edited by partickthedog
spotted 2 more touches!
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Our goal is impressive. No Penicuik player touches the ball before we score. All 11 Thistle players involved (has that ever happened before?). Touch sequence is:

Harkins

Slater

Zanatta 2

Penrice

Hall

O'Ware 2

Saunders 2

Williamson 3

O'Ware 2

Hall 2

Penrice 2

Cole

Penrice 2

Palmer

Saunders 3

Williamson 2

Fox 2

Hall

Fox 2

Saunders 3

Cole

I think you need to get out more Partick....

14 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Harkins

Slater

Zanatta 2

Penrice

Hall

O'Ware 2

Saunders 2

Williamson 3

O'Ware 2

Hall 2

Penrice 2

Cole

Penrice 2

Palmer

Saunders 3

Williamson 2

Fox 2

Hall

Fox 2

Saunders 3

Cole

So from kick off against a non-league team we worked the ball back to Fox?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Harkins

Slater

Zanatta 2

Penrice

Hall

O'Ware 2

Saunders 2

Williamson 3

O'Ware 2

Hall 2

Penrice 2

Cole

Penrice 2

Palmer

Saunders 3

Williamson 2

Fox 2

Hall

Fox 2

Saunders 3

Cole

Goal of the season.:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

So from kick off against a non-league team we worked the ball back to Fox?

"Reculer pour mieux sauter" as they say in France (and possibly in Norway too!). It's a chess term which roughly translates as "to retreat in order to jump forward better". Your countryman Magnus Carlsen is better at it than anybody.

53 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

"Reculer pour mieux sauter" as they say in France (and possibly in Norway too!). It's a chess term which roughly translates as "to retreat in order to jump forward better". Your countryman Magnus Carlsen is better at it than anybody.

He’s also as fast going forward as our team

On 11/25/2019 at 1:25 AM, partickthedog said:

Harkins

Slater

Zanatta 2

Penrice

Hall

O'Ware 2

Saunders 2

Williamson 3

O'Ware 2

Hall 2

Penrice 2

Cole

Penrice 2

Palmer

Saunders 3

Williamson 2

Fox 2

Hall

Fox 2

Saunders 3

Cole

Pedantic ******* alert!!!

Pretty sure their goalie got a touch on the way in.