Scottish Cup Draw

elevenone

Was hoping for a better draw. At the same time I've more or less written this season off as work in progress and given our league position that's quite a positive thing to do. It's good draw for our finances I suppose but so would have a few more winnable ties. 

Lost count how many times we've been drawn against Celtic in the last few seasons.

Think it could go like this-

First 15 mins fairly even then Jags score - 1-0. (Gordon) 

We get slaughter but hold on until up to 44 mins; a jags counter attack, goal 2-0 (Miller). 

HT McColl tells players important we start 2nd Half on front foot and high press Celtic. 

Celtic players amazed Jags are up and at them, severely stunned - jags score 55mins 3-0 (Penrice free kick 25 yds, top corner). 

60 mins Jags denied blatent penalty - 2 footed tackle, studs up by Brown on Miller. (Brown spoken to - Miller carried off) 

Jags penned back in own penalty area. Great saves from Fox, woodwork, bodies on the line etc. etc

Celtic get the softest penalty ever McGregor tackled and throws himself into the box - Fox saves. 

Jags breakaway in the 98th minute Kakay scores with low shot to far post 4-0

Crltic (and Referee give up) we are through to next round. 

Lennon says his team were harshly treat by referee, should have had enough penalties to win the game; Thistle lucky and did t deserve to win the game! TV pundits Stewart & Thompson agree saying it was a very tight 4-0 game! 

Whole of Scotland (and Ireland) stunned. 

England & Wales don't give a toss! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

We get slaughter but hold on until up to 44 mins; a jags counter attack, goal 2-0 (Miller). 

HT McColl tells players important we start 2nd Half on front foot and high press Celtic. 

Celtic players amazed Jags are up and at them, severely stunned - jags score 55mins 3-0 (Penrice free kick 25 yds, top corner). 

60 mins Jags denied blatent penalty - 2 footed tackle, studs up by Brown on Miller. (Brown spoken to - Miller carried off) 

Jags penned back in own penalty area. Great saves from Fox, woodwork, bodies on the line etc. etc

Celtic get the softest penalty ever McGregor tackled and throws himself into the box - Fox saves. 

Lennon says his team were harshly treat by referee, should have had enough penalties to win the game; Thistle lucky and did t deserve to win the game! TV pundits Stewart & Thompson agree saying it was a very tight 4-0 game! 

Yes, this would do

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Was hoping for a better draw. At the same time I've more or less written this season off as work in progress and given our league position that's quite a positive thing to do. It's good draw for our finances I suppose but so would have a few more winnable ties. 

Lost count how many times we've been drawn against Celtic in the last few seasons.

This captures it for me. We are simply a work in progress this season; expectations have to be survival in the Championship.

I do miss the times of more recent years when we might have gone Into a Celtic tie hoping to attack and create a result. Now, with this squad, we’d do well to avoid a pummelling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Totally unbelievable. Fox would never save a pen.:D

We are not out of this year's Scottish Cup yet, so I will not be defeatist. However, in terms of the national Cup competitions involving all the Premier teams, we have had a tough shift over the past 3 years. I make it that in our last 6 Cup campaigns, we have gone out 3 times already to Celtic, and the other 3 were Hearts (after a replay), Rangers (after extra time) and Aberdeen (1-0 away).

5 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

We are not out of this year's Scottish Cup yet, so I will not be defeatist. However, in terms of the national Cup competitions involving all the Premier teams, we have had a tough shift over the past 3 years. I make it that in our last 6 Cup campaigns, we have gone out 3 times already to Celtic, and the other 3 were Hearts (after a replay), Rangers (after extra time) and Aberdeen (1-0 away).

Numerous Quarter Finals of late - always potential winnable matches to be had but sh1t draws every time. Infuriating