Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Jaggernaut

Kris Doolan Tribute

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

nice tribute to a top player and an extraordinary human being

It was a great night for a great man , it absolutely beggars belief why he was allowed to leave our Club , regardless of what playing time he was going to get on the park , he was a good coach at youth level and a role model for the youngsters to show what can be achieved through hard work and dedication.   Dools was the perfect ambassador for our football club .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

It was a great night for a great man , it absolutely beggars belief why he was allowed to leave our Club , regardless of what playing time he was going to get on the park , he was a good coach at youth level and a role model for the youngsters to show what can be achieved through hard work and dedication.   Dools was the perfect ambassador for our football club .

we are in complete agreement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps someone else can confirm but I believe Kris has donated a sizable part of his testimonial proceeds to charity. Regardless his off field work behind the scenes, particularly visiting the young and elderly is well known. Factor in Kris is one of the most articulate footballers you'll come across and, yes, he was (still should be ) as jlsarmy says "the perfect ambassador for our football club". 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Perhaps someone else can confirm but I believe Kris has donated a sizable part of his testimonial proceeds to charity. Regardless his off field work behind the scenes, particularly visiting the young and elderly is well known. Factor in Kris is one of the most articulate footballers you'll come across and, yes, he was (still should be ) as jlsarmy says "the perfect ambassador for our football club". 

He’d donated 50% of his testimonial fund to the Beatson 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

He’d donated 50% of his testimonial fund to the Beatson 

An extraordinary act of kindness.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Perhaps someone else can confirm but I believe Kris has donated a sizable part of his testimonial proceeds to charity. Regardless his off field work behind the scenes, particularly visiting the young and elderly is well known. Factor in Kris is one of the most articulate footballers you'll come across and, yes, he was (still should be ) as jlsarmy says "the perfect ambassador for our football club". 

Yes. Pity Jacqui Low didn't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

Yes. Pity Jacqui Low didn't think so.

I bracket having a "perfect ambassador" for the Club in the same sort of territory as having effective communication with the support. Both filed away under Standard PR. The major difference being the former is something to cherish as you're lucky to have, whilst there's no luck required for the latter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

An extraordinary act of kindness.

Absolutely incredible- especially as he would not have earned a fortune with the jags. A true gentleman and legend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dools shall always be the epitome of what it means to be a Jag. I sincerely hope he will be back as a coach soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can only agree with everything that has been said. It was a great honour for me to present the Doolan 100 goals trophy to him. Which @BowenBoys asked me to do in memory of young Robert.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×