Academy

Springburnjag

When one looks at Falkirk who decided to abandon their youth academy as they said continuing it would ruin them and have posted a near £700k loss for the period to 31/05/19 and now have no players coming through or will generate transfer fees/sell ons it is excellent we will continue trying to develop our own players.

I have heard it said we should not focus on youth development and instead scout young players from other clubs. The question I always have with that is what if other clubs stop their youth development - where will we find these guys?

• Like 1

You know how after a particularly boring game of football you hear folk say, "Jesus, they would get football stopped..."

We'll, that's what this forum is becoming.

And, yes, freedom of speech and don't read it if you don't want to, but the last point is the nub of it, isn't it? I don't want to read petty bickering between guys who take every opportunity to score points off each other without illuminating any worthwhile insights into the club and what's going on.

If this was the old days and this was going on next to me on the terraces, I'd just move away. The modern equivalent, I suppose, is just not coming on here. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels that way.

So, gonnae give it a rest, eh, guys? It's boring as ****.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

You know how after a particularly boring game of football you hear folk say, "Jesus, they would get football stopped..."

We'll, that's what this forum is becoming.

And, yes, freedom of speech and don't read it if you don't want to, but the last point is the nub of it, isn't it? I don't want to read petty bickering between guys who take every opportunity to score points off each other without illuminating any worthwhile insights into the club and what's going on.

If this was the old days and this was going on next to me on the terraces, I'd just move away. The modern equivalent, I suppose, is just not coming on here. I suspect I'm not the only one who feels that way.

So, gonnae give it a rest, eh, guys? It's boring as ****.

Give it a rest? Just because you find it boring? Lol

45 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

Thanks. A sarcastic, sanctimonious response.

I give up.

Don't give up Firhillista, 99% of the people on this forum are in complete agreement with your thoughts and views. 

Unfortunately you will encounter that 1% who generally lower the tone and basically talk through their back passage or come up with some sort of snide comment to any sort of constructive criticism of the forum.

Once you know who they are, just press the ignore button …. works for me.

• Like 1

Great news going forward. I just hope we can develop the players with a bit of steel about them as well as being technically gifted. 

Like a lot of things the fans will have to show a little patience but I'm delighted with this news.

Nice boost for The PTFC Women team as well. They seem to be doing relatively better than the first eleven over recent seasons...