So you think our defence is unreliable.....

Jaggernaut

After 10 years in the doldrums of the second tier, my local team (Kyoto Sanga) were in with a shout for a play-off spot for promotion back to the top flight (J1).

Right up until the last match (last week), that is.

In their past 5 matches they'd had 3 shut-outs, and everyone was hoping for just one more push to get over the line.

Final score:

Kashiwa Reysol 13-1 Kyoto Sanga. Yes, 13-1 !

Most of the damage was inflicted by Michael Olunga (Kenyan, maybe the coolest guy in the stadium) and Cristiano (Brazilian).

Incidentally, there are more than FORTY Brazilian players currently playing in J2, and almost FIFTY in J1. The second most represented foreign nationality is Korean.

Here is the defensive nightmare/wonderful attacking display, depending on your perspective:

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

After 10 years in the doldrums of the second tier, my local team (Kyoto Sanga) were in with a shout for a play-off spot for promotion back to the top flight (J1).

Right up until the last match (last week), that is.

In their past 5 matches they'd had 3 shut-outs, and everyone was hoping for just one more push to get over the line.

Final score:

Kashiwa Reysol 13-1 Kyoto Sanga. Yes, 13-1 !

Most of the damage was inflicted by Michael Olunga (Kenyan, maybe the coolest guy in the stadium) and Cristiano (Brazilian).

Incidentally, there are more than FORTY Brazilian players currently playing in J2, and almost FIFTY in J1. The second most represented foreign nationality is Korean.

Here is the defensive nightmare/wonderful attacking display, depending on your perspective:

13-1?. Wait until we play Celtic in the cup.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jagfaelivi said:

I don't understand that video. It seems to be of several matches because of changing strips after the first three goals. Is it a leg pull?

Apologies!!: No idea how that video ended up in my original post.

HERE is the slaughter (PS: Could admin kindly delete the first video?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYnqyRyNt0

16 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Apologies!!: No idea how that video ended up in my original post.

HERE is the slaughter (PS: Could admin kindly delete the first video?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DYnqyRyNt0

OK, the defending not great, and they obviously became tired and dispirited as the game wore on, but some of the finishes were absolutely top drawer. Could we sign that big centre forward-Olunga? Pace, power, can hold up, lay off, win headers, run past defenders, clean ball striker, bags of skill, scored 7 or 8 goals (I lost count). I reckon if we got him in the transfer window, we could just ease into 8th place.