January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

De Vita back to Livi. No surprise there. Clearing the decks. I would guess that Palmer will be next. Hopefully, we'll get news that Cole's staying.

QoS fans seem to think that Brownlie might be moving to us in this window; Ayr fans seem to want Docherty just to move to us now, but I don't see that happening. (They also seem certain that Doolan will be a Thistle player again soon...)

17 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

De Vita back to Livi. No surprise there. Clearing the decks. I would guess that Palmer will be next. Hopefully, we'll get news that Cole's staying.

QoS fans seem to think that Brownlie might be moving to us in this window; Ayr fans seem to want Docherty just to move to us now, but I don't see that happening. (They also seem certain that Doolan will be a Thistle player again soon...)

I saw a couple of rumours on pie and bovril that ourselves and Dundee United were in for Alan Forrest. If it helped give us any more chance of getting Forrest then I would delay kris resigning to the summer as kris will be returning anyway just maybe gives us a bit more money to try and tempt Forrest presently

58 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I saw a couple of rumours on pie and bovril that ourselves and Dundee United were in for Alan Forrest. If it helped give us any more chance of getting Forrest then I would delay kris resigning to the summer as kris will be returning anyway just maybe gives us a bit more money to try and tempt Forrest presently

Would have thought that if it's between Dundee United and ourselves, United win hands down. Premier club in the waiting versus a team likely to be in the Championship next season (and maybe the season after and beyond if we're going to be competing with Hearts, which is looking a distinct possibility...).

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

seems a bit odd as I'm not sure he's good enough for the Premiership and I would expect that's what they'll be looking for in their signings. Also McMullan plays in a similar position

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

Would have thought that if it's between Dundee United and ourselves, United win hands down. Premier club in the waiting versus a team likely to be in the Championship next season (and maybe the season after and beyond if we're going to be competing with Hearts, which is looking a distinct possibility...).

Ian McCall being the manager of us may play a part. Obviously a popular guy in the dressing room with Docherty already moving to us. Plus Alan Forrest has played his whole career under McCall. But as has already been said it may well just be a rumour.

52 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

That's tremendous news re Cole. Feel that having him with us till the end of the season should impact positively on who we sign this month. Rate this guy highly.

Excellent interview on JagZone too. Obviously enjoying the Thistle experience. Anyone who can break through the stilted questions and display some personality has a special talent.

Gave a hint that a permanent signing may be a possibility. Perhaps he was just being polite (and we heard similar thing from Lyle Taylor), but you never know. Another James Maddison in the making? Makes a huge difference as we can now attack the front of the penalty box as well as down the sides. In addition to the direct threat of scoring, his ability and willingness to strike from distance sets up other possibilities from deflections etc.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 10:38 AM, Third Lanark said:

No chance of getting James ? Think he could do a job for us.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Maybe McCall is happy with the squad he has and clears it out in the summer.

I suspect McCall is working in the background on some potential targets. Extending Cole’s loan and keeping Sneddon does suggest he knows the players he wants to keep. 

Maybe Mansell & Harkins still to leave this month?