January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

15 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

I see Jack Storer has signed with Paget Rangers! A quick wiki search says they are in the 10th level of English fitbaw! How did we end up with this fraud? Oh aye, Archie!

To be fair he did play a small bit in English Championship prior to coming to us (sent off there too) and there was a modicum of ability in there, unfortunately he was a bit of an eejit with discipline.  Did score one of the better goals at Firhill in recent dark times.  File under the English Gary Fraser.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

Not very

Neither are we !!

Hope people are not expecting trophy signings. We are 3rd bottom of a very average Division.  

It is the January window- only those with a reason to move do so in January and that reason is usually that they are not getting a game because they are not very good.

51 minutes ago, Emsca said:

It is the January window- only those with a reason to move do so in January and that reason is usually that they are not getting a game because they are not very good.

That's a pretty simplistic and altogether negative view. One that isn't backed up by last year's activity in this window.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, javeajag said:

Can’t say I know much about him but his record doesn’t particularly excite .....is he good ?

I am pretty sure that he made his debut (or possibly his first start) against us for Ross County in the 1-1 draw away from home in our relegation season (the one where Blair Spittal scored after a quick throw by Kris Doolan). He had an exceptionally good game that day and from memory was a terrier like midfielder who got all over the pitch winning the ball and showing a fair measure of skill as well. Reports thereafter suggested that he was an energetic and impressive young player with a good attitude who was going places.

If he played regularly at that level he would be some signing. I can only assume that things went downhill for him, but whether due to injury or other reasons I do not know. There must be a player in there somewhere, so hopefully Ian McCall has confidence that he can help restore whatever was lost in these intervening years.

Edited by partickthedog
Forgot to mention Ross County!

15 minutes ago, laukat said:

The keeper is Graeme Smith so Thistle_1876 guess looks about right.

If correct and we can get both Cammy Smith and Brian Graham we would have a very decent attack.

Thanks Laukat- I must admit to scratching my head as I hadn’t any idea from the pic who we would be getting.

both those 2 would be very good attacking options. Presumably there must be something in the rumour for the tweet to be made

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Thanks Laukat- I must admit to scratching my head as I hadn’t any idea from the pic who we would be getting.

both those 2 would be very good attacking options. Presumably there must be something in the rumour for the tweet to be made

For the league and position ae are in these would be excellent additions. Give us different options up front.

• Like 1