January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

Shankland and Appere are both being linked with moves away from DUFC this month.

Cammy Smith has played 10 times in the league. He was injured in December so missed a few games.

I struggle to see why they would let him go in those circumstances, but would be pleasantly surprised if they do!

45 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Scott McDonald and Steven Anderson spring to mind. If we can get Brian Graham I'd be confident he'd score a good few.

Not sure that can happen now after Ross Stewart pulled his hamstring, think it would leave them short of cover 

2 hours ago, paddy malarkey said:

Are we taking Lewis Mayo and Jamie Barjonas on loan from the blue cheek ?

Both are just kids and so not in the 'experience will get us out of this (see Anderson)' category.  Lewis a defender and Barjonas a midfielder so neither obvious replacements or filling the most obvious needs (that I can see) for any of the current squad unless they really are as good as their jaundiced supporters views of "both are class (source: WhatsApp)".

The Herald's reporting we're 'edging towards' signing Cammy Smith and Brian Graham, so there's maybe something in that. Twitter seems certain we're taking Jamie Barjonas and Lewis Mayo on loan from Rangers and that would fit the comments from Archie about 'a couple of loans'.

Add to that the apparent certainty expressed that we're going to sign Keillor-Dunn and we could be looking at a significantly different first team squad moving forward.

For starters, Miller, Jones and Mansell wouldn't be first choice to start and neither would Saunders or McGinty.

Wouldn't that be good?... 

14 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

The Herald's reporting we're 'edging towards' signing Cammy Smith and Brian Graham, so there's maybe something in that. Twitter seems certain we're taking Jamie Barjonas and Lewis Mayo on loan from Rangers and that would fit the comments from Archie about 'a couple of loans'.

Add to that the apparent certainty expressed that we're going to sign Keillor-Dunn and we could be looking at a significantly different first team squad moving forward.

For starters, Miller, Jones and Mansell wouldn't be first choice to start and neither would Saunders or McGinty.

Wouldn't that be good?... 

If these are all loans it won't happen. We are allowed 4 loans at any one time. As we have Reece Cole we can only take another 3. 

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Signing Graham and Smith would be a bit of a coup.

Maybe I'm being extremely naive, but l can't help but feel that if the Herald feel they should go online to say this is happening, there's a fair chance it's going to happen.

Wasn't too sure about signing Graham, but after seeing so many crosses on Saturday going to waste, maybe it would be a good thing...

24 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

If these are all loans it won't happen. We are allowed 4 loans at any one time. As we have Reece Cole we can only take another 3. 

That's incorrect. We're limited to four domestic (Scottish) loanees at any one time. This can be supplemented by any number of loans from different jurisdictions, AFAIK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

I believe you can have 5 loans per season   , but only have 4 at any one time.

No, it's 4 domestic and unlimited non-domestic at any one time.

Last year (sorry for bringing some of these names up) we had Gordon, Jeffries, Scobbie, McMillan, Hazard, and Anderson domestically and Mansell from outside Scotland.

Jeffries and Scobbie had to go back before we could sign some of the others.

Edited by Ancipital

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Jones is starting to come good. I’d love it if we had the luxury to give him a decent run and see what some confidence could do. I expect that won’t happen if Bell/Graham arrive

I think he’s coming good too, but would benefit from a strike partner that stays up front to give him support

I would like to see Graham sign but Smith is a bit meh. Another wee lightweight guy similar to an Aidan Nesbitt or a poor mans Spittall. The Dundee Utd fans on P&B are glad to see the back of him, hides in too many games and goes missing too often. I hope I’m proved wrong! Don’t know anything about Mayo and Barjonas. We seem to like giving deals to guys who haven’t kicked a ball for at least 6 months then need to wait a season before he is fit to play so we’ll see what DKD is up to.