January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

3 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

Both are just kids and so not in the 'experience will get us out of this (see Anderson)' category.  Lewis a defender and Barjonas a midfielder so neither obvious replacements or filling the most obvious needs (that I can see) for any of the current squad unless they really are as good as their jaundiced supporters views of "both are class (source: WhatsApp)".

Barjonas is a good little player. Saw him play for Raith. He's better than Palmer that's for sure! Maybe Banzo would then play as sole CDM with Cole and Barjonas playing higher up the park?  Then again if the Cammy Smith and Barjonas rumours are true I'm not sure about systems as Smith is a 10. 

43 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Berra free to leave Hearts - I'd take him. Not a great player, but could do a job in this league.

Aye just the 41 Scotland Caps and 100s of games in the top flight up here and down south...

I appreciate you may be talking about the current model lol

His mobility isn't great and he's nearing 35 years old. However he has a wealth of experience and we haven't had a shutout in the league all season.

Would give that leadership at the back we've missed since Ando left.

However his wage would be pretty sizeable and would he drop to the lower reaches of the Scottish Championship?

If Caldwell was still here we'd probably be in for him but I'm not sure McCall would fancy him.

Who knows? But I doubt he's Maryhill bound.

42 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Berra free to leave Hearts - I'd take him. Not a great player, but could do a job in this league.

Berra is rotten. Hearts fans have been slating him all season and new manager hasn't taken long to suss him out.

I'm sure he'd be looking for a decent wage as well.

Always thought Berra was a reasonable player. Perhaps though he has aged, 35 going on 40, more than other players of his age group. 

I wouldn't want us to sign him purely for his leadership skills as I am sure, given a reasonable run in the team free from injury, O'Ware can fulfil this role. 

48 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Always thought Berra was a reasonable player. Perhaps though he has aged, 35 going on 40, more than other players of his age group. 

I wouldn't want us to sign him purely for his leadership skills as I am sure, given a reasonable run in the team free from injury, O'Ware can fulfil this role. 

Agree with this. I wouldn’t rush to sign Berra just because he is available.

Better to invest in O’Ware as Captain.

26 minutes ago, sandy said:

Agree with this. I wouldn’t rush to sign Berra just because he is available.

Better to invest in O’Ware as Captain.

I'd rather see O'Ware playing just now as right sided centreback.

Btw Would be OK  if Berra would accept a 6 month contract on Jags type wages. That I would imagine is highly unlikely. 

16 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Our decision or theirs do we know ? 

Thistle manager Ian McCall said “It was a really tough decision to make about Cammy but I felt that he was a very similar type of midfielder to what we already have. He was a positive presence within the dressing room and he has a big future in the game. He has been a pleasure to work with over the last few months and is a credit to himself and Rangers Football Club.”

22 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Thistle manager Ian McCall said “It was a really tough decision to make about Cammy but I felt that he was a very similar type of midfielder to what we already have. He was a positive presence within the dressing room and he has a big future in the game. He has been a pleasure to work with over the last few months and is a credit to himself and Rangers Football Club.”

Cheers

29 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Touch of class from McCall. really nice statement.

• Like 2