January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

7 hours ago, jagfox said:

Jordan Houston right back of Rangers currently on loan at Ayr (Maybe up by now) rumoured to be joining Thistle on a permanent deal.

I rate this kid. Think he could become a better centre mid than right back. Think he is a better overall player than Kelly of Rangers on loan at Ayr. 

• Like 1

So far we've been linked with - in no particular order - Jordan Houston, Lewis Mayo, James Barjonas, Sam Wardrop, Davis Keillor-Dunn, Cammy Smith and Brian Graham.

Assuming the interest in these players is genuine, even accepting they're not all going to end up as Thistle players, it indicates where we're trying to strengthen - right back, centre half, midfield and the forward line.

No surprises there, I suppose. Not sure where Barjonas would fit into the current Thistle team, but any of the others would strengthen what we've got - Houston for Williamson, Mayo or Wardrop for Saunders, Keillor-Dunn for Zanatta or Cardle, Smith for Millar and Graham for Jones.

Just have to crack on now and sign them...

49 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

So far we've been linked with - in no particular order - Jordan Houston, Lewis Mayo, James Barjonas, Sam Wardrop, Davis Keillor-Dunn, Cammy Smith and Brian Graham.

Assuming the interest in these players is genuine, even accepting they're not all going to end up as Thistle players, it indicates where we're trying to strengthen - right back, centre half, midfield and the forward line.

No surprises there, I suppose. Not sure where Barjonas would fit into the current Thistle team, but any of the others would strengthen what we've got - Houston for Williamson, Mayo or Wardrop for Saunders, Keillor-Dunn for Zanatta or Cardle, Smith for Millar and Graham for Jones.

Just have to crack on now and sign them...

Where did you see the link for Wardrop Firhillsta?  We have been linked to Alan Forrest as well though that's maybe more with a view to signing for next season.

Great news about Bannigan - a few months ago I was beginning to have very serious doubts but now that I have eventually seen what a disaster Caldwell was (took me long enough admittedly) Stuart has mostly thrived under an excellent manager in Mccall.  No link or seen any rumours but I have a feeling that O Ware and Penrice will sign new contracts as well

57 minutes ago, jagfox said:

IMG_20200109_134829.jpg.5335d3b4d1ffebfa2abcf90260e936cd.jpg

Agree?

Bannigan's new contract says McCall rates him more highly than 'solid professional' (as do I). I would put him and Fox in the key player box and maybe put Slater in the inconsistent box...   13 players out of contract in the summer I believe, with I reckon only O'Ware, Penrice and maybe Saunders getting renewal offers... that would leave 10 plus I think Williamson and Mansell being paid off, add to that the 4 already gone (plus Wilson) = 17 out of Caldwell's 24 chopped. Leaving the two keepers, Penrice, OWare, Saunders, Bannigan, Cole (if we could keep him beyond this season), Just my opinion of course!   Edit - forgot about Gordon! And if my view was correct it's interesting that Sneddon, Penrice, OWare,  Bannigan, Gordon were all at the club before Caldwell joined, so only Fox (who was here before) and Saunders, Cole would be Caldwell signings. A fair old gutting!

Edited by JAG1970
  • Like 1