January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

2 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I’m pretty sure he’d love to get rid of another 5 or 6 if it were possible.

Fox, Sneddon, Saunders, Penrice, Cole, Banzo, Zanatta (accompanied by a rocket up his arse) can all stay.

Jones, Cardle, O'Ware, Slater and Gordon because I'm feeling charitable.

The rest can GTF as quickly as possible please.

36 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Fox, Sneddon, Saunders, Penrice, Cole, Banzo, Zanatta (accompanied by a rocket up his arse) can all stay.

Jones, Cardle, O'Ware, Slater and Gordon because I'm feeling charitable.

The rest can GTF as quickly as possible please.

Zanatta and jones are sliding towards out for me-bar 2 games zanatta has looked uninterested and completely chickened out of players. Jones has scored 2 goals- big deal he’s either been injured, so easily brushed off the ball or chickened out of tackles as well 

slater was average last season and been injured most of this. For a player whose signing I was pleased at he’s been underwhelming and a passenger - we cannot have any more passengers 

Edited by Third Lanark

No big surprise Banningan, Penrice and OWare (plus Fox) is what McCall sees as the building of a spine of a team..   I'm not sure there are going to be any more contract extension offers, and if that is the case then McCall will be looking to dispose of up to 17-19 players that he inherited (5 have already gone). Maybe Gordon who is under contract for another season anyway and maybe Cole if he proves himself and if available but not sure he wants to keep anyone else. 10 players I believe out of contract in the summer and on top of that Mansell, Williamson and Zanatta may be forced out the door at the same time. So a massive overhall between this window and the next one. Hopefully we get news of arrivals this week!

41 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

No big surprise Banningan, Penrice and OWare (plus Fox) is what McCall sees as the building of a spine of a team..   I'm not sure there are going to be any more contract extension offers, and if that is the case then McCall will be looking to dispose of up to 17-19 players that he inherited (5 have already gone). Maybe Gordon who is under contract for another season anyway and maybe Cole if he proves himself and if available but not sure he wants to keep anyone else. 10 players I believe out of contract in the summer and on top of that Mansell, Williamson and Zanatta may be forced out the door at the same time. So a massive overhall between this window and the next one. Hopefully we get news of arrivals this week!

Who are the 10 players out of contract do you know? Thinking off top of my own head Harkins, Miller, Slater, Mcginty, Saunders, Jones, Cardle, Robson, Austin and Cole? Is that the correct 10? If so assuming we sign Rudden and yet to be seen if Mackinnon will stay on for next year, I would keep Cole 100% if possible and cardle as a squad player, then perhaps Jones if he proves his worth from now till the end of the season as he has shown flashes that he could be a player . I would also keep Saunders as a back up centre back on recent form then possibly Austin if in the small chance he turns out to be a good player once fit. As for the 3 who have another year left anyway- Gordon I think is a good asset and brings goals from midfield and from the bench, Mansell get shot of at all costs and as for Williamson I know he’s not the best defender at times but his quality of delivery is something that’s hard to come by, I would like to see him stick around as I think with a competent defence (Brownlie) and a good sitting midfielder to cover his runs forward and he could thrive.  Fox, Penrice, Brownlie, O’ware, Banzo, Docherty, Rudden upfront and Zanatta if we can get the Alloa player from last year consistently is a good spine of a team to work with looking to next season with.

30 minutes ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Who are the 10 players out of contract do you know? Thinking off top of my own head Harkins, Miller, Slater, Mcginty, Saunders, Jones, Cardle, Robson, Austin and Cole? Is that the correct 10? If so assuming we sign Rudden and yet to be seen if Mackinnon will stay on for next year, I would keep Cole 100% if possible and cardle as a squad player, then perhaps Jones if he proves his worth from now till the end of the season as he has shown flashes that he could be a player . I would also keep Saunders as a back up centre back on recent form then possibly Austin if in the small chance he turns out to be a good player once fit. As for the 3 who have another year left anyway- Gordon I think is a good asset and brings goals from midfield and from the bench, Mansell get shot of at all costs and as for Williamson I know he’s not the best defender at times but his quality of delivery is something that’s hard to come by, I would like to see him stick around as I think with a competent defence (Brownlie) and a good sitting midfielder to cover his runs forward and he could thrive.  Fox, Penrice, Brownlie, O’ware, Banzo, Docherty, Rudden upfront and Zanatta if we can get the Alloa player from last year consistently is a good spine of a team to work with looking to next season with.

Really wouldn’t push the boat out too much for Austin 

don’t forget we are linked also with Cammy smith, mccart and Alan Forrest, also potentially Blair Lyons . though we could just as easily miss out on all 4

Reckon getting McKinnon in will really benefit Bannigan and let him play a bit furthet forward.

O'ware is the best of a poor bunch at centre half but the defence should also benefit from someone like mckinnon in front of them.

I'm hoping getting a better goalkeeper in the summer is something we are looking at, Fox does my head in.

I'd punt Saunders, Mcginty, Harkins, Miller, Robson, Slater,

I dont know about Williamson tbh. But we will need a back up RB so we could do alot worse than having him as that.

Mansell is still young but with Rudden coming in I'd  imagine he will no longer be  needed, hes not very good but he seems a hard working young lad and feel quite bad for him that his ability doesnt match his work rate.

Not seen enough of Jones or Austin to give a opinion tbh. I like Cardle but i dont know if we should keep him for next season, maybe as a squad player.

Gordon i would definitely keep, really hoping he can be improved because he has that knack of getting into the box and making runs at the right time. But he really needs to be more productive on the ball and get involved more.

• Like 1

Speaking to the clubs website, Allan Maitland said: “Darian’s been absolutely brilliant for Hamilton ever since his arrival. He’s a true professional on and off the park and we wish him all the best in the future.”

“Darian will remain as part of our academy coaching staff with his current post as u16s coach. He’s still an important part of the club’s academy plans going forward.”

4 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

I'd be happy to see every one go except Cole. Add, Mansell, Robson, Gordon please.

24 minutes ago, Semi Nurainen said:

I'd be happy to see every one go except Cole. Add, Mansell, Robson, Gordon please.

Pretty much agree with that.

I would be tempted to see what Gordon is like post injury and with decent players around him. His scoring record from midfield merits a chance.

• Like 1

St Johnstone are interesting in offering McCart a PCA.

Ross County are interested in signing Oli Shaw on a temporary transfer. This should progress our move for Brian Graham.

Livingston are looking to sign Forrest in a deal similar to the one they struck with QoS for Dykes last season. Small fee to secure him in January but immediately loaned back to the selling team until the end of the season. Obviously this is immaterial if Forrest wishes to stay at Ayr then go to his choice of club in the close season.

Rudden deal should be confirmed this week.

Edited by jagfox
  • Like 1