January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

On 1/15/2020 at 4:03 PM, dunnikierjag said:

Email Scott Allison, I did this for my grandson and got a reply very quickly. He will ask you to give him some dates when your grandson will be playing so they can send someone along to watch.

But then you hear nothing back and you don't even know if the elusive " Gus" did or did not attend any of his games. 

6 minutes ago, fenski said:

Seems to be a lot of confidence that we're signing Brian Graham. If this was happening, surely it would've happened by now?

Waiting on County as they've some injuries and trying to get another striker in. 

45 minutes ago, fenski said:

Seems to be a lot of confidence that we're signing Brian Graham. If this was happening, surely it would've happened by now?

McCall send in an interview I read yesterday about formations and systems that we where close to signing a striker who was good in the air, can only imagine that would be graham. Seems to be county are trying to take Shaw from hibs, so likely we’ll get Graham once there sure he’s been replaced first. 

Edited by HeWearsNumber9

Have to say though this has been a superb window so far, assuming we get graham, Himself,  rudden, Mackinnon and extending coles loan is fantastic business in itself as far as January goes. If we could now get either McCart or Forrest on pre contracts as well as maybe one or 2 of the rangers and Celtic centre and left backs on loan as short term plugs then I would say this has been a superb window. Brownlie and Docherty too if you count them. Super Ian McCall! Only complaint is I would have hoped to have got rid of a few more players but I can understand this isint always easy to do, plus there’s still time yet I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Have to say though this has been a superb window so far, assuming we get graham, Himself,  rudden, Mackinnon and extending coles loan is fantastic business in itself as far as January goes. If we could now get either McCart or Forrest on pre contracts as well as maybe one or 2 of the rangers and Celtic centre and left backs on loan as short term plugs then I would say this has been a superb window. Brownlie and Docherty too if you count them. Super Ian McCall! Only complaint is I would have hoped to have got rid of a few more players but I can understand this isint always easy to do, plus there’s still time yet I suppose.

I'm with you there.

It’s a complicated issue if the club are trying to sign Brian Graham.  He has a one game ban to serve and if Thistle were to sign him today he could play tomorrow but then miss the game at Arbroath.  If however they waited to Thursday then he will serve his ban with County for their game on Wednesday so he’d be free to play Saturday. This is all assuming of course we are trying to sign him.  I’d guess if he is a target he will sign on Thursday next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, michael m said:

It’s a complicated issue if the club are trying to sign Brian Graham.  He has a one game ban to serve and if Thistle were to sign him today he could play tomorrow but then miss the game at Arbroath.  If however they waited to Thursday then he will serve his ban with County for their game on Wednesday so he’d be free to play Saturday. This is all assuming of course we are trying to sign him.  I’d guess if he is a target he will sign on Thursday next week.

Ahhh I see, very clever. Would be happy to wait in that case.

16 hours ago, michael m said:

It's good to know that the club are doing thorough homework on players they may not be signing . . . :happy2:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Is Christie coming home?

Hopefully not. He's a good utility player but his positional sense at right back wasn't great and his delivery was woeful.

A quick look at his playing record for Carlisle suggests he's hardly played since October. Its not clear if thats due to an ankle injury or falling out of favour after Pressley got binned.

18 minutes ago, laukat said:

Hopefully not. He's a good utility player but his positional sense at right back wasn't great and his delivery was woeful.

I doubt I'm alone in agreeing with you but still believing he'd have been a better option than what we've had this season. His attitude being the polar opposite of one or two of our more skilled newbies.

Quite like the idea of the O'Conner lad on loan. Apart from buying time till we can source a proper right back I thought he looked strong and mature enough to fit in. 

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I doubt I'm alone in agreeing with you but still believing he'd have been a better option than what we've had this season. His attitude being the polar opposite of one or two of our more skilled newbies.

Quite like the idea of the O'Conner lad on loan. Apart from buying time till we can source a proper right back I thought he looked strong and mature enough to fit in. 

I'd prefer to try O'Conner than Christie but if we're looking at Mayo in central defence that would mean 2 defenders that have no first team experience (assuming a back 4 and Saunders is backup)

Wardrop at Dundee United has a decent amount of championship experience with Dumbarton, is surplus to requirements at Dundee United and originally from this area.

2 minutes ago, laukat said:

I'd prefer to try O'Conner than Christie but if we're looking at Mayo in central defence that would mean 2 defenders that have no first team experience (assuming a back 4 and Saunders is backup)

Wardrop at Dundee United has a decent amount of championship experience with Dumbarton, is surplus to requirements at Dundee United and originally from this area.

I thought McCall has said that there had been an enquiry about Mayo but it was finished due to a Rangers defender getting injured (in effect "hold the mayo").

1 hour ago, laukat said:

Good point. I was tho' going to add the addition of MacKinnon should be a steadying factor. One of the problems we've faced is that Saunders, O'Ware and even McGinty can have good games but playing as a unit, whether a defensive pairing or part of the back four, they're too often faulty. Hopefully Darian's presence will help in the organisational side of things and that will include the fullbacks.