January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

2 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Has there been any official news of us signing docherty and brownlie on pre-contracts? 

I think both Ayr & QoS have publicly acknowledged the pre contracts. I know we did with Erskine but PTFC don't usually post pre contract news, possibly on the grounds that pre contracts aren't written in stone. 

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Looking to next season and assuming we are at worst still in the championship, so far  the team is looking like: (the formation and position of players is just guesswork on my part and will not be accurate as I don't know enough about some of the individuals) 

Fox

(Right Back)?                                            Brownlee                                                      O'Ware                                                            Penrice          

Docherty.                                                                         Gordon.                                                                             McKinnon.                                                                     Bannigan

Rudden.                                                                            (Striker)? 

Bench- Sneddon, Williamson, Saunders, Slater, (another Midfielder), (another striker) 

Gone: this seasons Loanees (Cole, Barjolos, O'Conner),  McGinty, Harkins, Miller, Cardle, Zanetta. 

Would like to sign Cole on a permanent deal but doubt this will happen. 

Suspect I have probably missed some names from the current squad and that there will be disagreement about  releasing Cardle and Zanetta (and perhaps McGinty). 

I would expect McCall will address the 'gaps' if not in this window then certainly in the summer window! 

Any thoughts? 

Zannatta will be with us next season unless McCall loses the rag with him, but im pretty sure he rates him. McKinnons deal is only until the end of the  season so depends how well he does i suppose.

14 of the current 22 First team squad are out of contract in the Summer. Of those I think O’Ware, Mackinnon, Austin and Jones may be retained.  The latter two both need a good finish to the season. 

I’ll be happy if we can get Cole back longer term too. 

That leaves 12/13 so adding Docherty and Brownlie takes us up to 14/15 first teamers. McCall would like to add 5/6 players taking us up 20/21 first teamers not counting Sena. 

Edited by jagfox

39 minutes ago, jagfox said:

14 of the current 22 First team squad are out of contract in the Summer. Of those I think O’Ware, Mackinnon, Austin and Jones may be retained.  The latter two both need a good finish to the season. 

That leaves 12/13 so adding Murdoch and Brownlie takes us up to 14/15 first teamers. McCall would like to add 5/6 players taking us up 20/21 first teamers not counting Sena. 

McCall said he wants c 14 signed before the summer so I guess we can work back from there 

12 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

If we sign Geaham before Saturday will the team look like this v. Arbroath.  

4-4-2.

Fox

O'Connor,  O'Ware, Saunders, Penrice

McKinnon, Cole, Barjonas, Bannigan 

Graham, Rudden.

If so it would see only 3 of Caldwell’s signings, one of them a loan and Fox was originally signed by McCall first time around....

underlines how quickly McCall is dismantling the dross he inherited 

Ross County co-manager Steven Ferguson is delighted his side have managed to secure the signing of Oli Shaw from Hibs, who starts on the bench this evening.

Shaw's signing could also open the possibility of Brian Graham moving on.

"There'll be discussion on that," said Ferguson. "A lot of clubs are interested in Brian, he's a wanted man at the moment."

9 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Thought for minute you had 5 hugging the right touch line, 5 hugging the left touch line and McKinnon holding the fort in the middle :lol:

There's a thought! Would certainly baffle the opposition! 

On a more serious note I see that Ross Co have signed Oli Shaw from Hibs and that RC are saying lots of clubs interested in Brian Graham. Wonder how good our chances are of getting him to sign. 

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

That leaves 12/13 so adding Murdoch and Brownlie takes us up to 14/15 first teamers. McCall would like to add 5/6 players taking us up 20/21 first teamers not counting Sena. 

Not convinced McCall will keep jones and Austin nor do I think he should either 

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Was poor against Dundee United and reading the reviews last night was poor.

hes been injured most of the time.  Unfortunately has been a bit of a pointless signing 

I think he had about 15 mins vs Utd and came on when we were already 4 down. Can’t assess how good or bad he is based on that.

56 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think he had about 15 mins vs Utd and came on when we were already 4 down. Can’t assess how good or bad he is based on that.

He got longer than 15 minutes and the way I saw it he had nothing to lose as we had lost the game.  Like I said before it’s sadly been a waste of a signing and how Caldwell had not had him assessed for injury in Australia before flying him out getting him on a contract and then only finding out he was injured beggars belief 

Would like to see Austin playing alongside competent players just to see if he can fit in. He's shown next to nothing over his four outings to date but you can find mitigating circumstances. Maybe deserves another game just in case. My judgment so far tho' is he's like another Miles Storey but lacking Miles's composure. :)

• Haha 1