January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

2 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Immediate loan back to Montrose until the end of the season!

Surely if the guy is 23 he should be coming into our first team? 

I appreciate that maybe got the deal over the line but still...

Just guessing but it may have something to do with his education and/or perhaps part of the deal. There was reported interest from the Dundee cubs and I think St Mirren so perhaps akinda trade off. Perhaps even Sena's loan extension comes into play?

I think I can see that IMC has a short term recruitment plan and a long term recruitment plan [Blair Lyons being part of the long term scheme] It is heartening that even though we recently have been playing a poor grade of football, IMC has continued to recruit what [on paper] looks to be an excellent, balanced football team. I can only hope the short term scheme works and we manage to survive this Championship season, as we have the looks of a good squad for 2020/2021.

It would be excellent if we could persuade IMC, during the off season, to do a 'meet the manager' session where he could enlighten us on how you go about recruiting  a new football team.

• Like 1

Lyons looks a good signing.  Brownlie, assuming the rumours are correct and he's joining us this week,  looks a good signing too.

I think adding Rudden and Graham as our strikers will make us stronger in that department than we've been in years.

Barjonas and  MacKinnon will give us options we haven't had in a while,  so they're good signings as well.

And the loan for O'Connor clearly meets a specific need at right back.  Add to that the extension of Cole's loan and there's two more good signings. 

And none of this excellent work that's being done in this transfer window will matter a toss of we end up being relegated. I'll start getting excited about our new players when we've put together a run of three or four wins...

IMG_20200127_121444.thumb.jpg.6c8d9da8ff60ed239fbd53ec77413c2d.jpg

Good to get Brownlie back. Like any defender he will make the odd mistake but hopefully McCall has the elements to block some of the holes in the sieve. 

It's a collective effort these days to defend resolutely and hopefully we can get some clean sheets on the board as well as wins going forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Just guessing but it may have something to do with his education and/or perhaps part of the deal. There was reported interest from the Dundee cubs and I think St Mirren so perhaps akinda trade off. Perhaps even Sena's loan extension comes into play?

He'll being training with Thistle full-time. Mentions he hopes to do his uni course in the evening.

Interestingly Montrose say the deal could be their biggest since selling Gary Murray to Hibs in the 80s. That deal was for around £50k.

Obviously a lot of that will be if he meets certain clauses but we've certainly invested relatively heavily in getting this deal over the line.

5 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Don't know about essential- County won the league last season with our present keeper. I'm not convinced he's significantly worse than he was 12 months ago.

Massive over reaction by some to Saturday's game. Fox was poor but the whole team failed to shine and I can't pin the blame on Fox for either goal.

Sneddon is more than adequate back up too.