January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

44 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Think we have more business to do. There is a few players currently in our squad that we will try to move on -  not just Harkins and Mansell.

At the moment we have 24 in the squad but Lyons won't be playing until next season so that leaves 23. If Harkins leaves and Mansell goes on loan that takes us down to 21.

22 seems to be the number we usually have in the squad which would suggest one more subject to others leaving.

As we've just got Brownlie in early it might make sense that we are looking to get Docherty in early particularly when you consider we've just freed Slater and MacKinnon might need a few weeks before he can last 90 minutes. Wouldn't be adverse to letting Cardle go if we could get a creative player  in to replace him.

Priority for me would be a left sided central defender which assuming McGinty goes there should be space in the squad.

6 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Massive over reaction by some to Saturday's game. Fox was poor but the whole team failed to shine and I can't pin the blame on Fox for either goal.

Sneddon is more than adequate back up too.

He was poor before Saturday's game, and for others to laud him for County's good performance ignores the rest of the team's contribution - maybe they shielded him.

Ok I do have a slight doubt about too many changes mid season. Since McCall took over we have been one of the form teams on the divison.  I do think on paper the signings make us a far better team on paper but it make take a bit of time for the new team to settle and it certainly looked that way on Saturday. I do think we missed millers link up play on Saturday . So lot of his running does move the opposition about and create space for others.  Hopefully McCall hasn’t thrown the baby out with the bath water .  Yes he’s a good manger but it’s not to say he gets everything g right. Hopefully my doubts are misfounded!    Ps. Miller could still come back to haunt us in the play offs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dibble said:

Ok I do have a slight doubt about too many changes mid season. Since McCall took over we have been one of the form teams on the divison.  I do think on paper the signings make us a far better team on paper but it make take a bit of time for the new team to settle and it certainly looked that way on Saturday. I do think we missed millers link up play on Saturday . So lot of his running does move the opposition about and create space for others.  Hopefully McCall hasn’t thrown the baby out with the bath water .  Yes he’s a good manger but it’s not to say he gets everything g right. Hopefully my doubts are misfounded!    Ps. Miller could still come back to haunt us in the play offs

As the great man said " the game isn't played on paper"

From now till the end of the season McCall is really going to have to earn his crust.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kingleo said:

Harkins, mansell, mcginty and cardle being shipped out would be most welcome. I’ve never rated Fox. Doesn’t fill the goal enough and inspires no confidence. A new keeper , I agree is essential. I’d punt Fox in a heartbeat 

You forgot Robson and possibly Williamson.

I remain, at the very best, agnostic about O'Ware.

And GRE beat me to the punch (as usual) re Penrice and Bannigan.

Heard the manager offered Banzo and O’Ware a new deal in his first days back to the club. So he obviously rates them very highly. Just got to trust he knows what he’s doing. Hopefully he’ll turn it around soon. Sorry to see Slater go nice boy good player 

As much as I am happy about the majority of the new signings, I must admit I am a bit baffled by some of the extensions.

As King Kenny says, our defence has been woeful. On current form, I don't think O'Ware or Penrice should have been offered new deals. O'Ware does have potential but there have been some pretty poor performances in there. May be a case that he takes a while to get back to his best after long injury but I would have been waiting to see how he gets on between now and end of season. 

I do get the fact we are building for the future but we could end up with a few players surplus to requirements in a few months if things don't work out.

3 hours ago, eljaggo said:

He was poor before Saturday's game, and for others to laud him for County's good performance ignores the rest of the team's contribution - maybe they shielded him.

The sieve couldn’t cover their own backside.

34 minutes ago, Steevo said:

Heard the manager offered Banzo and O’Ware a new deal in his first days back to the club. So he obviously rates them very highly. Just got to trust he knows what he’s doing. Hopefully he’ll turn it around soon. Sorry to see Slater go nice boy good player 

If I was being honest I'd say the same. I thought there was really good player in there at one time, but you have to admit he's had his chance and failed to impress.

As you say, really nice lad I hope he gets sorted out.

I couldn't, however, understand the logic of someone - I can't remember where exactly, so hope I'm not imaging it - who said something about him getting picked up by another championship club. As we are rock bottom, and deserve to be,  why would anybody pick up a player who hasn't always made the bench amongst a bunch of failures. Rhetorical question.

Edited by Semi Nurainen
usual typo!