January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

20 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Anyway, doesn't look like Doolan is coming back.

Had hoped to get one / two more in, but seems we will need to make do with what we have.

Need to start winning games - they'll soon run out. 3 points tonight please. Hope Rudden fit & can start alongside Graham.

Not been funny but the transfer market is open till midnight and obviously McCall needs to concentrate on the game, but why is Gerry Britton not trying to continue to push these deals through until midnight- it’s not an absolute necessity that he has to sit and watch the game and can’t make calls

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Not been funny but the transfer market is open till midnight and obviously McCall needs to concentrate on the game, but why is Gerry Britton not trying to continue to push these deals through until midnight- it’s not an absolute necessity that he has to sit and watch the game and can’t make calls

It probably needs players to move on to release the money to bring someone in. I expect that the ground work on who he wants/is available has been done, but other factors mean that he can't

4 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

The utter MISERY of people on here who don't want Doolan back.

Oh, wait ... it's the same people who are miserable about the signings in this transfer window, who are miserable about Archibald being back even as an assistant, who are miserable about McCall but were miserable about the manager before that, and the one before that, and so on. The last three years have been an absolute boon for you all. I'm sure you'll all be as happy as pigs in shite sitting in Firhill being wet and cold and miserable tonight. And if we lose, even better! You can be even more miserable.

We should change the club colours to grey and grey and black: The Maryhill Magyars Moaners.

I always thought everybody who supported PTFC was miserable at heart. If you'd been going to games long term why wouldn't you be? They're hardly a bringer of great joy.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McD said:

It is a bit unfair ourselves and Ayr having a game today the last day of the transfer window ..What does Imc.do   concentrate on the game or try and wheel and deal....

Delegate any deals  to Gerry, so he gets us 3 points!

Edited by sandy

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

I'll ask the obvious question. How do you know Gerry Britton isn't trying to push thru late deals?

ETA Haud that result! Mayo signed

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Re LenzieJag & DarkPassenger

My comment "consider this window successful" 

I agree with your responses. You are both correct that we won't know if this is the case until results improve. I think the problem is my use of the word 'successful'. 

When typing the post I was thinking that the signings (and departures) in this transfer window looked 'better' when compared to recent (last 3 years) windows. 

In this window it looks like someone, presumably IMC, knows what they are doing and are working to a plan for the immediate and longer terms. This gives me some hope for the future. 

Re Zanetta. (LenzieJag) 

He has a lot of supporters on this forum and more importantly (for the player) IMC has publicly endorsed him. For me though he has a lot to do before I become one of them. A big step forward (for me) would be for him to lose the 'Amoo attitude' (ethargic, not interested)  which he seems to project when playing. 

Similar to my comments about Cardle - if Zanetta rolls up his sleeves and gets stuck in, in his own way, then I'll be happy. 

I am with you on what Zanatta needs to do. He has been a big disappointment so far for us. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

It is a bit unfair ourselves and Ayr having a game today the last day of the transfer window ..What does Imc.do   concentrate on the game or try and wheel and deal....

Pretty sure he will have identified any other players he would like to bring in. Britton will be the one that gets the deals done or not.

7 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Amazed that Hibs have signed Paul McGinn. He was hardly outstanding for us and in no way a game-breaker, though perhaps more composed and consistent than some. Has he suddenly improved? Would you have been excited if he had signed for Thistle instead?

When he signed for us  I felt quite neutral about it. 

He is in my opinion  a solid and dependable full-back but not a wing-back in the mould of SOD. He might be better with better players around him but need to wait and see! 

The Hibs manager, Jack Ross, was St Mirren manager prior to joining Sunderland.  I am sure is a factor in this signing.