January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

I always thought of Christie as a typical Jags type player. Not that I've made a list but he'd comfortably make my top 100 Jags players roll of honour. He wouldn't be in my most skillful Jags players list but neither would David Rowson, Billy Cunningham, Alex Rae and many others I think of as real Jags players. 

• Like 1

I think Christie was a significant loss to us when he went, and I think it was a mistake for him to go when he did, it is my opinion he regrets leaving PTFC when he did.

For me he was a fine player, he was trustworthy, one of those players who could dig in and play ugly when required …. we could have done with him this season.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 8:35 AM, jagfox said:

Heard Ray Bradshaw on Soccer FM said that we got all our January targets barring Forrest.

He also stated that Caldwell was offered Nisbet in the summer but knocked back the move.

Finally Harkins and Miller could be set for Kelty Hearts.

That just about wraps up the transfer window.

Good on paper just need to start showing that on grass/ plastic...

Did we not lose out on mccart in the January transfer window as well?

3 hours ago, Ruchillnomore said:

Last time I looked Partick Thistle were a business not a charity Kris Doolan has had his day we have enough coaches can we please move on 

We may be a football club in business, but the clubs that matter respect their players who have shown loyalty.

Kris was not just a goal scorer, he was an ambassador for Thistle; lots of work behind the scenes to help ill fans and promote a good ethos.

He may be ‘done’ as a player, but if he comes back in the Autumn as a coach I’d welcome him with open arms. Both Doolan & Erskine represented the true spirit of Thistle.

Id rather celebrate Doolan than the likes of journeyman Kenny Miller who was never that bothered about playing for us in the first place.

Just my view 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, sandy said:

We may be a football club in business, but the clubs that matter respect their players who have shown loyalty.

Kris was not just a goal scorer, he was an ambassador for Thistle; lots of work behind the scenes to help ill fans and promote a good ethos.

He may be ‘done’ as a player, but if he comes back in the Autumn as a coach I’d welcome him with open arms. Both Doolan & Erskine represented the true spirit of Thistle.

Id rather celebrate Doolan than the likes of journeyman Kenny Miller who was never that bothered about playing for us in the first place.

Just my view 

The King is dead dry ones eyes and get over it we don’t need another coach because as a business cash is key.  Much prefer the money going on a player rather than this continued sentimental clap trap.  

At least you probably still have his poster on your wall or ceiling ...  just your view

Doolan will always be a legend. Personally I think he would have done a job as an impact player with a coaching role, that may not have suited either him or McColl which is fair enough, also may have tinged the memories slightly if he came back and flopped.

I still believe someday he will return in a non-playing role.

5 hours ago, Ruchillnomore said:

The King is dead dry ones eyes and get over it we don’t need another coach because as a business cash is key.  Much prefer the money going on a player rather than this continued sentimental clap trap.  

At least you probably still have his poster on your wall or ceiling ...  just your view

The joy of supporting a club and the thrill of football is alive and well in your house I see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1