January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

On 2/6/2020 at 2:34 PM, Jimmy McD said:

Ok Dools was a legend in his time here. Our current no.9 has scored 2 goals in 2 games. Let's move onwards and upwards..

Still would have been useful round the Club especially with Zak Rudden injured for the next 3 weeks , Mansell as well , leaves us short upfront with only Brian Graham and Alex Jones 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Doolin, great player for us and would have liked him back but now not so sure as a player. Always a jags legend but coming round to view we have to move on. 

We have a lot riding  on Graham and Rudden if we can only get them both on the park and keep them there at  the same time. 

Jones strikes me as a tidy enough player but lacks pace, in fact, always seems slow and cumbersome to me. Therefore we need to keep Graham and Rudden fit (hopefully)! 

I think IMC is trying very hard to keep us in this league but suspect he has an eye to building for the future from league 1 - Docherty, Lyons, Niang, Brownlee, Sneddon and the Academy players on loan with perhaps, Graham, Rudden, O'Ware & Penrice remaining as Jags. 

I still think we should persevere with Mansell and Saunders but expect to be in a minority of one here. 

I don't see a future if relegated for Cardle, Zanetta, Bannigan, Jones, and perhaps Fox! 

Both Docherty and Lyons don't need to follow their pre-contracts. Most,  if not all players will have a relegation clause that will allow them to leave. How many will take this option is really hard to guess but I would think many will.

If we go to league one then I would expect another huge turn over of players. 

29 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Both Docherty and Lyons don't need to follow their pre-contracts. Most,  if not all players will have a relegation clause that will allow them to leave. How many will take this option is really hard to guess but I would think many will.

If we go to league one then I would expect another huge turn over of players. 

Lyons is a contracted Thistle player loaned out to Montrose. I’d imagine though he (like others) would have a relegation release clause.

We could have the situation that we’ve bought a player who never plays for us. The same situation with Austin who’s been with us for 7 months and hasn’t played a league match

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Lyons is a contracted Thistle player loaned out to Montrose. I’d imagine though he (like others) would have a relegation release clause.

We could have the situation that we’ve bought a player who never plays for us. The same situation with Austin who’s been with us for 7 months and hasn’t played a league match

Surely we wouldn't be daft enough to pay for a player we will never get? 

11 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Yes forgot about that! 

Lyons did play for us in the Glasgow cup! lol 

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I think IMC is trying very hard to keep us in this league but suspect he has an eye to building for the future from league 1 - Docherty, Lyons, Niang, Brownlee, Sneddon and the Academy players on loan with perhaps, Graham, Rudden, O'Ware & Penrice remaining as Jags. 

I don't think getting relegated was ever in McCall's plans. There is no guarantee we would come back up in 1 season. McCall came in with 30 games to save us,if we go down he has failed. We have had a terrible run of results since January, 2 points from 5 games. But we are not cut adrift, so we need to start winning games. QOS at home is a game we must win and lets hope it gets our season up and running for a final push to get away from the bottom 2 places in the league.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I don't think getting relegated was ever in McCall's plans. There is no guarantee we would come back up in 1 season. McCall came in with 30 games to save us,if we go down he has failed. We have had a terrible run of results since January, 2 points from 5 games. But we are not cut adrift, so we need to start winning games. QOS at home is a game we must win and lets hope it gets our season up and running for a final push to get away from the bottom 2 places in the league.

This.

16 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

We won't be relegated this season. We have three chances to avoid going down, in order of likelihood:

1. Coronavirus. If it spreads like it did in China, which many medics think is inevitable, then the government will have to ban public gatherings, including football. Then the season will be declared null and void. Bad news for Celtic and Liverpool, whose fans are already celebrating nine in a row and a first championship in 30 years, good news for Partick Thistle and Aidan Fitzpatrick's Norwich City.

2.  League reconstruction. Last year there was talk of increasing the Championship to twelve teams, when it was realised that one of the best supported teams, Falkirk, were going down. Expect it to be raised again, if it looks like Jags are doomed.

3. We could start winning football matches.

23 hours ago, Sivad said:

We won't be relegated this season. We have three chances to avoid going down, in order of likelihood:

1. (Moderator action)

2.  League reconstruction. Last year there was talk of increasing the Championship to twelve teams, when it was realised that one of the best supported teams, Falkirk, were going down. Expect it to be raised again, if it looks like Jags are doomed.

3. We could start winning football matches.

POST DELETED

Edited by Dick Dastardly
Coronavirus may be a risk to football, but you and I would potentially have far more immediate concerns if it spreads at the rate we seem to be seeing in China and Hong Kong. It is insensitive and please think twice before you post it's like again.

5 hours ago, Sivad said:

League reconstruction. Last year there was talk of increasing the Championship to twelve teams, when it was realised that one of the best supported teams, Falkirk, were going down. Expect it to be raised again, if it looks like Jags are doomed.

Unfortunately this means 44 games - so 8 more defeats.

• Haha 2