January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

27 minutes ago, fenski said:

Well if we're taking that hard line on facetious (but topical) comments, best extend it to comments about seasonal flu, and any other health condition with mortality rates which dwarf those of Covid-19

I deleted that myself as it may have been causing offence, which was not my intention

6 hours ago, kevin energy said:

And a headline Striker Callum Graham with another hat-trick for Ashfield against Annbank that takes him to 30 odd goals this season got to hav e a look at him.

Okay Callum :lol:

On 2/29/2020 at 8:41 PM, kevin energy said:

And a headline Striker Callum Graham with another hat-trick for Ashfield against Annbank that takes him to 30 odd goals this season got to hav e a look at him.

Kevin. Ashfield play in the fourth tier of Scottish Junior Football's West Division. The 4th best league.

It's not much of a step up from amateur football.

2 hours ago, Jag said:

Kevin. Ashfield play in the fourth tier of Scottish Junior Football's West Division. The 4th best league.

It's not much of a step up from amateur football.

My nephew scored 7 on Saturday after scoring 5 the week before. We need to look at him

They did though lose both games 31-21 and 15-14 in the U8 league.

They were very happy with hot chocolate after both games, although one of the team was replaced at half time as he wanted to watch the horses in the adjacent field

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

My nephew scored 7 on Saturday after scoring 5 the week before. We need to look at him

They were very happy with hot chocolate after both games, although one of the team was replaced at half time as he wanted to watch the horses in the adjacent field

Sounds a perfect foil for Graham.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Hi Norge, not asking this because of score. Is heading still allowed or is it now banned at this age level ?

40 minutes ago, kevin energy said:

Why if someone suggests anything or any one for that matter they suddenly get mocked or dirided, they are actually a person at the end of the keyboard

The Graham  has been scouted by scottish senior clubs

No argument from me even though he might have been a work in progress, got Dools from Auchinleck and Erskine from Kilbirnie.

I also think I would have gambled on Nathan Austin from Kelty Hearts if we could have got him ,  geuinine pace , would have worked well with Brian Graham , played at our level before .

Think he’s scored 47 goals for Kelty this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin energy said:

Why if someone suggests anything or any one for that matter they suddenly get mocked or dirided, they are actually a person at the end of the keyboard

The Graham  has been scouted by scottish senior clubs

I can’t find the post but previously on here someone had the contact details of a scout at the club for people to get in touch to with suggestions/recommendations of players who may get overlooked by the normal channels.  Callum could have potential or not but a club like ours should certainly be running the rule over him at least.

I’d wager as well Mansell would not have that goal to game ratio playing for Ashfield.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Surprising for a country that is usually ahead(no pun intended) of the game with regards to social matters. Have there been any discussions about it ?

Not as far as I have heard.

Kids here tend to learn to play the “not above head height” rule at an early age, that changes above 11,  the same as the old 5 aside rule

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:51 PM, kevin energy said:

Graham  has been scouted by scottish senior clubs

Hes not interested in going senior has a very good job outside football- source his current manager

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

All of our loan signing's, now returned to their parent clubs.

That seems fair enough. And except for those that McCall really wants to keep in the squad, any out of contract players should be released. We have no obligation to pay anybody's salary beyond their contract, regardless of the current situation.

8 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That seems fair enough. And except for those that McCall really wants to keep in the squad, any out of contract players should be released. We have no obligation to pay anybody's salary beyond their contract, regardless of the current situation.

I'm not sure if we are using the furlough scheme, but if we release the players now then we would need to pay full salaries upto the end of the contract. If we keep them until the end, the government will pay a proportion of the wages

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not sure if we are using the furlough scheme, but if we release the players now then we would need to pay full salaries upto the end of the contract. If we keep them until the end, the government will pay a proportion of the wages

Yes, I meant that they should be released at the end of their contract.

Confession:  to my knowledge I'd never encountered the word "furlough" before this epidemic pandemic, and I had to look up the meaning. And I'm still not sure how to pronounce it!

Edited by Jaggernaut