Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
jagfox

January Transfer Window 2020

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, sandy said:

I suspect McCall is working in the background on some potential targets. Extending Cole’s loan and keeping Sneddon does suggest he knows the players he wants to keep. 
 

Maybe Mansell & Harkins still to leave this month?

I'd like to keep Mansell. I think there is a player there. Harkins can go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Maybe McCall is happy with the squad he has and clears it out in the summer.

I would hope not as I still feel we are uncomfortably close to the bottom 2 and none of them are his players (albeit he would keep some). Whereas a few useful additions and we are really not that far off the promotion playoffs either and with a decent manager in McCall we could easily challenge those that are there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

I'd like to keep Mansell. I think there is a player there. Harkins can go.

Agree with above. 

Seen Mansell only 2/3 times and like the way he gets stuck into the opposing centre-backs. It seems to unsettled them and they lose some of their organisation and discipline. Miller in particular benefits from this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Alan Murray said:

Garry Miller has just posted a pic of himself in Falkirk strip on Twitter so think that's one rumour that is not happening! 

Thank goodness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Can't see much happening until next week. Probably see a few out the door first.

Yeh, think it'll be that way. If we are in for any lower league players we'd hear shortly. The likes of experience get us out this mess players we'll likely have to wait till others have left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The club (and therefore the manager) already know what’s available. We work to an agreed budget. Balance the books with what you’re asking for and you’ll get what you’re asking for. 
iMac knows the drill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlgarveJag said:

The club (and therefore the manager) already know what’s available. We work to an agreed budget. Balance the books with what you’re asking for and you’ll get what you’re asking for. 
iMac knows the drill. 

His budget would have (initially) been set by the old board, the new board may decide to cut that or raise that depending on their calculations / predictions and priorities for the upcoming period. With an interim board, the tragic news the other week and any implications with that, decision may be to go lightly on any budget till things settle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

The club (and therefore the manager) already know what’s available. We work to an agreed budget. Balance the books with what you’re asking for and you’ll get what you’re asking for. 
iMac knows the drill. 

Is david Kelly still at the club? Would have thought bean counting would be essential during January to ensure budget compliance of all the possible ins and outs. 
 

would be a very strange decision for an interim board to have got rid of him at this particular time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaf said:

Is david Kelly still at the club? Would have thought bean counting would be essential during January to ensure budget compliance of all the possible ins and outs. 
 

would be a very strange decision for an interim board to have got rid of him at this particular time. 

Disco Dave is still here according to this:

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/our-people/

Listening to Archie on Jagzone he said they are looking at loans from Premiership clubs but with them having the winter break most are "on holiday" until next week before their various training camps. He did say they expected some activity next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didn't specify loans did he, not that isn't the likely scenario?

Edited by jagfox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jagfox said:

He didn't specify loans did he, not that isn't the likely scenario?

He did say they were looking at loans and mentioned the start of next week for signing them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Disco Dave is still here according to this:

https://ptfc.co.uk/club/whos-who/our-people/

Listening to Archie on Jagzone he said they are looking at loans from Premiership clubs but with them having the winter break most are "on holiday" until next week before their various training camps. He did say they expected some activity next week.

wonder if that would’ve kelly or Graham from the premier teams

Edited by Third Lanark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harkins again being used as a striker for the last 20-25 mins.... hopefully McCall has got a striker coming in soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No clean sheets in the league at all this season.

I know we need someone else up top but that defence needs gutted. Hopefully McCall can improve it this window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can offload Miller we free up wages for 3 decent players if the rumours are true. But this is probably his last chance playing at a decent level so I don’t see him leaving soon. Same with Harkins.

Edited by Big Col
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Big Col said:

If we can offload Miller we free up wages for 3 decent players if the rumours are true. But this is probably his last chance playing at a decent level so I don’t see him leaving soon. Same with Harkins.

Both of them have 6 months left of their (handsome) contracts. I’d imagine if we were to offload them then we’d need to come to some deal over wages as I can’t see a 35 & 40 yr old being offered to much or too long unless a coaching role was added in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, northernsoul said:

No clean sheets in the league at all this season.

I know we need someone else up top but that defence needs gutted. Hopefully McCall can improve it this window.

Not disagreeing in any way but I think the practical and affordable short term solution is defensive mid cover. The added bonus as I see it would mean giving more freedom to Banzo & Cole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not disagreeing in any way but I think the practical and affordable short term solution is defensive mid cover. The added bonus as I see it would mean giving more freedom to Banzo & Cole.

I would love to see Cole playing a little further forward where his considerable talents could impact the game more.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×