January Transfer Window 2020

jagfox

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Did you think the same when Kevin Nesbit signed for Raith Rovers?

Dont remember a clamour of thistle fans wanting to keep Nesbit.... that's football for you. Look at shankland and what he has done since being written off. Easy to be wise after the event. If Slater goes on to represent Scotland I'd be personally delighted. The same applies to any player who leaves us. Who knows maybe McGinty will go on to be an internationalist. 

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I can’t recall tbh but last time I looked he wasn’t called Craig slater .....but to be clear you would have kept him and played him ?

If you're asking about Nesbit, then I can't make a personal judgement as I never saw him play for Thistle. Going by accounts of fellow fans (including a few on here) and the player himself, he didn't make the most of his opportunity at Firhill though.

If your question is about Craig Slater, then he's been unlucky with his injury and hasn't been able to force his way back in for a meaningful run of games under McCall, which has probably led to the parting of the ways. He's a decent player though (imo), and his attitude cannot be faulted.

10 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I can’t recall tbh but last time I looked he wasn’t called Craig slater .....but to be clear you would have kept him and played him ?

I would have kept him , played at a higher level than most of our players, played 70 odd times in the Premier League, been capped 10 times at u 21 level . There is obviously something  there , I would imagine signing for Queens Park is just a stop gap to get playing time .

Wonder if Accies fans are saying McKinnon couldn’t get a game for us but walks into the Partick Thistle first team 

Edited by jlsarmy

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

If you're asking about Nesbit, then I can't make a personal judgement as I never saw him play for Thistle. Going by accounts of fellow fans (including a few on here) and the player himself, he didn't make the most of his opportunity at Firhill though.

If your question is about Craig Slater, then he's been unlucky with his injury and hasn't been able to force his way back in for a meaningful run of games under McCall, which has probably led to the parting of the ways. He's a decent player though (imo), and his attitude cannot be faulted.

Nisbet didn’t deserve to stay at the club and letting him go has probably contributed to his development it happens ....slater just nit good enough imo 

26 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I would have kept him , played at a higher level than most of our players, played 70 odd times in the Premier League, been capped 10 times at u 21 level . There is obviously something  there , I would imagine signing for Queens Park is just a stop gap to get playing time .

Wonder if Accies fans are saying McKinnon couldn’t get a game for us but walks into the Partick Thistle first team 

Harkins and miller have a far higher pedigree than craig I'm afraid, but they are going/gone. Obviously age a factor. Even Saunders has an international cap and he is on a shoogly peg.  Most fans agree the window comings and goings look positive, but not all will be convinced of course. McCall is looking to the future not the past. He will either be a football genius or fail dramatically. Let's hope it's the former. Generally speaking are you in favour of the direction we are taking or not? 

2 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Harkins and miller have a far higher pedigree than craig I'm afraid, but they are going/gone. Obviously age a factor. Even Saunders has an international cap and he is on a shoogly peg.  Most fans agree the window comings and goings look positive, but not all will be convinced of course. McCall is looking to the future not the past. He will either be a football genius or fail dramatically. Let's hope it's the former. Generally speaking are you in favour of the direction we are taking or not? 

If the direction is League 1, then definitely not