Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
jagfox

January Transfer Window 2020

Recommended Posts

I don't think it would be an exaggeration when I say that Sena is currently our hardest tackling player. He's obviously still got a lot to improve on but it's hinted his attitude is fine, which is half the battle these days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 4:45 AM, Garscube Road End said:

Our ex youth centre half Brownlie of QOS is being spoken about. 

Oh really? Thought he was queens best player in Saturday, would be a very decent signing if any truth in it. Where’d you hear this from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't see a lot happening in the window to get excited about (hope I'm wrong).

In Archie's recent interview he couldn't hold back a wry smile when it was suggested that players might be fearful of being replaced in January.  

I'm slipping into my protective Thistle shell where I expect nothing (or worse) and I might just be pleasantly surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

reported on twitter....
 

Fee agreed for Partick Thistle to complete signing of young winger Blair Lyons from Montrose when the transfer window opens, 7 goals already in his first season in professional football.

Will be loaned back to Montrose for the remainder of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should we read anything into Mansell, DeVita and Hall being absent today.. Hall’s contract is up in January, DeVita on a season long loan (I guess could be terminated early, maybe a wee swap for Erskine :thinking:) and Mansell being punted? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Should we read anything into Mansell, DeVita and Hall being absent today.. Hall’s contract is up in January, DeVita on a season long loan (I guess could be terminated early, maybe a wee swap for Erskine :thinking:) and Mansell being punted? 

I think mansell is injured ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Should we read anything into Mansell, DeVita and Hall being absent today.. Hall’s contract is up in January, DeVita on a season long loan (I guess could be terminated early, maybe a wee swap for Erskine :thinking:) and Mansell being punted? 

There’s a clause in devitas loan that livi can recall him in January if they wish

im still a bit surprised about Hall, still young, very highly rated at Motherwell- thought he may have been given more opportunity, wouldn’t be disappointed if he was kept on till end of season even as backup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Should we read anything into Mansell, DeVita and Hall being absent today.. Hall’s contract is up in January, DeVita on a season long loan (I guess could be terminated early, maybe a wee swap for Erskine :thinking:) and Mansell being punted? 

Erskine? He is done and has been for a couple of seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are trying to bring back Gary Miller. His only signed a six month contract with Falkirk in August. Always thought he was quite a steady  and reliable player for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be really surprised if de vita is at firhill in the new year- he’s been disappointing. Pretty sure mansell is under contract for another 18 months or so. I think hall might be off ski too but agree that he has looked alright in the games he has played

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole and Kakay have become priorities in my opinion. And Jone's performance yesterday, as well as the defence, made me think that there are players here that McCall can work with after all. Not saying it's all rosy, but maybe not the mass replacement that I thought it was just a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, allyo said:

Cole and Kakay have become priorities in my opinion. And Jone's performance yesterday, as well as the defence, made me think that there are players here that McCall can work with after all. Not saying it's all rosy, but maybe not the mass replacement that I thought it was just a few weeks ago.

Yip - I thought similar but think we still need more options up top. Jones will hopefully grow in confidence now that he has scored. Despite the fact that harkins did really well when he came on. He really can’t be an option up top on a more regular basis. I’d like to dump mansell and de vita and bring in a more worthwhile option. Not sure if that is likely or possible. Also think we need more cover and competition in the fullback areas. Williamson in particular- puts in great deliveries - but is very poor defensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news is that McCall has enough time with the squad to work out what he wants to do so I expect some additions and departures over January ....he clearly wants Cole to stay till the end of the season so we can assume he has decided on the rest of the squad as well

the potential signing of Lyons from Montrose ( for a fee !) also shows there is more long term thinking going on as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, javeajag said:

reported on twitter....
 

Fee agreed for Partick Thistle to complete signing of young winger Blair Lyons from Montrose when the transfer window opens, 7 goals already in his first season in professional football.

Will be loaned back to Montrose for the remainder of the season.

Sounds promising and if it works out as well as the last youngster we took from Montrose for a nominal fee then we are onto a winner.   Also note on P&B that Niang is getting rave reviews from Montrose fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, northjag said:

We are trying to bring back Gary Miller. His only signed a six month contract with Falkirk in August. Always thought he was quite a steady  and reliable player for us

I very much hope not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I'm excited about Gary Miller. He was good enough support/squad player up a division but he's now a bit on the old side. I could see the benefit if he's a natural leader but I've no idea if that's the case. I think the leadership thingy is crucial in defence and we don't appear to have that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Miller was as steady as they come in his previous season with us.

Fondly remember the game at NDP in March 2016 when he played centre back in extremis because Liam got injured in the warm-up. We won 2-1 and the goals from Pogba and Edwards took the plaudits. Gary Miller was the standout that day though.

A fit Gary Miller right now would be welcome back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, elevenone said:

I thought I dreamt that.  Good to know it was real after all.

Collector's item at Stenhousemuir in August 2016 in a 4-1 win - Pogba, Azeez and a Sean Welsh penalty!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, blakey said:

Yip - I thought similar but think we still need more options up top. Jones will hopefully grow in confidence now that he has scored. Despite the fact that harkins did really well when he came on. He really can’t be an option up top on a more regular basis. I’d like to dump mansell and de vita and bring in a more worthwhile option. Not sure if that is likely or possible. Also think we need more cover and competition in the fullback areas. Williamson in particular- puts in great deliveries - but is very poor defensively.

I would generally agree with your comment on Williamson. However, he did put in a much improved defensive performance in the second half yesterday and made several important blocks and interventions.

One combined move between Williamson and Kakay put me in mind of Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge at Chelsea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Gary Miller was as steady as they come in his previous season with us.

Fondly remember the game at NDP in March 2016 when he played centre back in extremis because Liam got injured in the warm-up. We won 2-1 and the goals from Pogba and Edwards took the plaudits. Gary Miller was the standout that day though.

A fit Gary Miller right now would be welcome back.

Leathered in a wonderstrike at McDiarmid Park against his former club. I remember being at the calendar signing shortly after and Stevie Lawless was asking everyone whether his long range belter or Gary's effort was the goal of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sandbank boy said:

It’s interesting that after yesterday’s game McCall has said “Dario Zanatta will be a very big player for Partick Thistle”. So I wouldn’t think he’ll be off anytime soon.

Zanatta has a year & a half on his contract so I'm sure he'll be with us a while.  Certainly was an effective sub yesterday. Feel he needs to show more consistency and a good bit more aggression to be a big player for us. Definitely has the ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×