Sign in to follow this  
jagfox

January Transfer Window 2020

23 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

POST DELETED

Well if we're taking that hard line on facetious (but topical) comments, best extend it to comments about seasonal flu, and any other health condition with mortality rates which dwarf those of Covid-19

27 minutes ago, fenski said:

Well if we're taking that hard line on facetious (but topical) comments, best extend it to comments about seasonal flu, and any other health condition with mortality rates which dwarf those of Covid-19

I deleted that myself as it may have been causing offence, which was not my intention

And a headline Striker Callum Graham with another hat-trick for Ashfield against Annbank that takes him to 30 odd goals this season got to hav e a look at him.

6 hours ago, kevin energy said:

And a headline Striker Callum Graham with another hat-trick for Ashfield against Annbank that takes him to 30 odd goals this season got to hav e a look at him.

Okay Callum :lol:

A quote from an Ashfield fan from yesterdays game  on Callum Graham 42 competitive goals and 53 if you include friendlies. Amazing goal haul & should have scored more yesterday.

Edited by kevin energy

On 2/29/2020 at 8:41 PM, kevin energy said:

Kevin. Ashfield play in the fourth tier of Scottish Junior Football's West Division. The 4th best league.

It's not much of a step up from amateur football.

2 hours ago, Jag said:

Kevin. Ashfield play in the fourth tier of Scottish Junior Football's West Division. The 4th best league.

It's not much of a step up from amateur football.

My nephew scored 7 on Saturday after scoring 5 the week before. We need to look at him

They did though lose both games 31-21 and 15-14 in the U8 league.

They were very happy with hot chocolate after both games, although one of the team was replaced at half time as he wanted to watch the horses in the adjacent field

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

My nephew scored 7 on Saturday after scoring 5 the week before. We need to look at him

They were very happy with hot chocolate after both games, although one of the team was replaced at half time as he wanted to watch the horses in the adjacent field

Sounds a perfect foil for Graham.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Hi Norge, not asking this because of score. Is heading still allowed or is it now banned at this age level ?

24 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Hi Norge, not asking this because of score. Is heading still allowed or is it now banned at this age level ?

Still not banned in Norway

• Thanks 1

Why if someone suggests anything or any one for that matter they suddenly get mocked or dirided, they are actually a person at the end of the keyboard

Graham  has been scouted by scottish senior clubs

Edited by kevin energy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, kevin energy said:

Why if someone suggests anything or any one for that matter they suddenly get mocked or dirided, they are actually a person at the end of the keyboard

The Graham  has been scouted by scottish senior clubs

No argument from me even though he might have been a work in progress, got Dools from Auchinleck and Erskine from Kilbirnie.

I also think I would have gambled on Nathan Austin from Kelty Hearts if we could have got him ,  geuinine pace , would have worked well with Brian Graham , played at our level before .

Think he’s scored 47 goals for Kelty this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevin energy said:

I can’t find the post but previously on here someone had the contact details of a scout at the club for people to get in touch to with suggestions/recommendations of players who may get overlooked by the normal channels.  Callum could have potential or not but a club like ours should certainly be running the rule over him at least.

I’d wager as well Mansell would not have that goal to game ratio playing for Ashfield.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kevin energy said:

Well said Sir.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, Norgethistle said:

Still not banned in Norway

Surprising for a country that is usually ahead(no pun intended) of the game with regards to social matters. Have there been any discussions about it ?

8 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Surprising for a country that is usually ahead(no pun intended) of the game with regards to social matters. Have there been any discussions about it ?

Not as far as I have heard.

Kids here tend to learn to play the “not above head height” rule at an early age, that changes above 11,  the same as the old 5 aside rule

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:51 PM, kevin energy said:

Graham  has been scouted by scottish senior clubs

Hes not interested in going senior has a very good job outside football- source his current manager