Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

The disagreements here are perhaps an indication why the Motherwell example might not be an ideal pattern for this football club: a structure is needed to allow conflict to be expressed without wrecking anything substantial, and there is every appearance that at Motherwell FC the people with executive power and the fans are in agreement, and there is even some overlap in the people involved.

There may also be people in Glasgow who want to support the club's ownership structure (as the club is part of Glasgow's social structure - even heritage) although their practical commitment is to other football clubs (or, as in the case of our nomads, people who simply cannot attend often).  The makeup of fan ownership of Motherwell FC is probably less interesting. Is there a structure which would protect the club from the external influences holding back the club's aspirations without putting off people with external loyalties who still want to show support?

4 hours ago, Fearchar said:

The disagreements here are perhaps an indication why the Motherwell example might not be an ideal pattern for this football club: a structure is needed to allow conflict to be expressed without wrecking anything substantial, and there is every appearance that at Motherwell FC the people with executive power and the fans are in agreement, and there is even some overlap in the people involved.

There may also be people in Glasgow who want to support the club's ownership structure (as the club is part of Glasgow's social structure - even heritage) although their practical commitment is to other football clubs (or, as in the case of our nomads, people who simply cannot attend often).  The makeup of fan ownership of Motherwell FC is probably less interesting. Is there a structure which would protect the club from the external influences holding back the club's aspirations without putting off people with external loyalties who still want to show support?

I think in the same way that Brexit will not be resolved on Twitter, running a football club will never be done successfully on an internet chat forum.

I'm hoping that whatever structures start to emerge, the necessary means for communication and engagement will be put in place, allowing people to contribute positively without risking the ridicule of the keyboard experts who seem only intent on causing division.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Alan Nixon Tweeted about Rough - he is normally pretty on the Money on these things 

from jlow on Facebook....

As I am referred to, let me clarify - neither I nor the interim Board has asked Alan Rough to join the interim Board nor have I nor them promised him a Director's role in future. Hope that clears this speculation up.

let’s move in to the next speculative conspiracy theory ....