Fan Ownership Working Group

Springburnjag

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

The future is always doom and gloom ....it would be great to get you to run the club to  stop the moaning for a day 

So you could predict Armageddon regards a takeover by the Consortium based pretty much on your Opinion  and stuff from the Barnsley Fans Forums 

But Thistle Fans arent allowed to ask legitimate  questions on "Fan Ownership" 

This will be the Fan Ownership Model we are told we are getting - Im not aware of any demand in the FanBase for it - but Paul Goodwin said we needed it  along with his Chums at TFE - would be interesting to actually know just who was TFE and who were involved 

So Now we are getting Fan Ownership - Is Jlo or interim Board going to be involved in some level after the Share Transfer ? - Unknown 

The Training Ground is cancelled - Colin Weir Walks in March - hands over to whom - Unknown 

There was a £750K budget shortfall for this Seasons Budget filled by the Transfer Money from Liam & Fitz  - so hows it getting filled next Year by the Fans Board - Unknown  

If it goes Pear Shaped financially - is there someone  waiting in the Wings to pick up a Football Club on the Cheap with a decent Land Bank  -Unknown  

So the Future is Not Doom & Gloom - the Future holds enough Unknowns for Fans to be concerned  - 

Does any of those currently involved provide me with confidence on the above - on a personal level - not seen anything to convince me 

Is there a  David Beattie - Billy Allan- Greig Brown - Norman Springford - Jim Oliver type person that has the clout to drive us forward - and would get involved via TFE or the Trust - highly unlikely - so in my view we have lots of unknowns which we should be very concerned about

I kept saying on the TFE / Weir takeover - be careful what you wish for - you have your wish - lets see how it pans out 

1 hour ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Are people not allowed to criticise unless they’re willing to be actively involved themselves? In which case, what’s the point in any fan engagement or consultation whatsoever? 

What is there to criticise atm ? And let’s be honest some people will criticise anything all the time !

1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

So you could predict Armageddon regards a takeover by the Consortium based pretty much on your Opinion  and stuff from the Barnsley Fans Forums 

This will be the Fan Ownership Model we are told we are getting - Im not aware of any demand in the FanBase for it - but Paul Goodwin said we needed it  along with his Chums at TFE - would be interesting to actually know just who was TFE and who were involved 

So Now we are getting Fan Ownership - Is Jlo or interim Board going to be involved in some level after the Share Transfer ? - Unknown 

The Training Ground is cancelled - Colin Weir Walks in March - hands over to whom - Unknown 

There was a £750K budget shortfall for this Seasons Budget filled by the Transfer Money from Liam & Fitz  - so hows it getting filled next Year by the Fans Board - Unknown  

If it goes Pear Shaped financially - is there someone  waiting in the Wings to pick up a Football Club on the Cheap with a decent Land Bank  -Unknown  

So the Future is Not Doom & Gloom - the Future holds enough Unknowns for Fans to be concerned  - 

Does any of those currently involved provide me with confidence on the above - on a personal level - not seen anything to convince me 

Is there a  David Beattie - Billy Allan- Greig Brown - Norman Springford - Jim Oliver type person that has the clout to drive us forward - and would get involved via TFE or the Trust - highly unlikely - so in my view we have lots of unknowns which we should be very concerned about

I kept saying on the TFE / Weir takeover - be careful what you wish for - you have your wish - lets see how it pans out 

Who said you couldn’t ask questions ? No one .... so what questions have you asked and to whom ?

as has been stated Colin weir doesn’t want to own the club so he has decided to gift to a fans group ... That’s his decision get over it 

the who what etc etc is what is to be worked out over the next period .... so that’s how all your questions will be answered but you apparently want all the detail without going through any process at all and then of course you would complain about that as well 

but why not get involved and ask all these questions to people who might be able to help you which is clearly not people here 

and isn’t the future always unknown By its very nature 

4 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

The fact that Jacqui Low is running the club but nobody deems it necessary to say so out loud?

It’s been said by a few people but I’ve no idea what that means as we have a board who are legally responsible 

so what has she done in the last few weeks that’s so bad ? 

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Any evidence ? 

She is a director of 3BC, the owners. Suddenly there are people being shipped out, where shouldn't they have been left until the fans take over? Leave it for them to decide. There is an old pals act going on. You just bury your head in the sand. Fans ownership? That's a laugh.

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

She is a director of 3BC, the owners. Suddenly there are people being shipped out, where shouldn't they have been left until the fans take over? Leave it for them to decide. There is an old pals act going on. You just bury your head in the sand. Fans ownership? That's a laugh.

Yes she represents the owners who will be making decisions till ownership is transferred in April ....nothing unusual about that .... you can’t put  running the club on hold for  five months 

If  there is an old pals act going on who are the pals and what are they doing ? 

but to be honest ....you haven’t presented any evidence 

32 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Who said you couldn’t ask questions ? No one .... so what questions have you asked and to whom ?

as has been stated Colin weir doesn’t want to own the club so he has decided to gift to a fans group ... That’s his decision get over it 

the who what etc etc is what is to be worked out over the next period .... so that’s how all your questions will be answered but you apparently want all the detail without going through any process at all and then of course you would complain about that as well 

but why not get involved and ask all these questions to people who might be able to help you which is clearly not people here 

and isn’t the future always unknown By its very nature 

Jaf has asked them directly- no answer

I asked direct messages to the PTFC Trust on Twitter and the person who was DM me from it then blocked me when I asked about who put the statement out regarding due diligence when it was rubbished at AGM. Others I know have asked TFE and trust directly, no response.

Take of that what you will, but this isn’t fan engagement let alone fan ownership, the other things I’ve been told (if true) seems that TFE and the working group are rapidly falling apart, with only 2 of TFE left involved 

31 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It’s been said by a few people but I’ve no idea what that means as we have a board who are legally responsible 

so what has she done in the last few weeks that’s so bad ? 

I’m sure you have a fairly good idea of what “running the club” means and I can’t be arsed getting into the type of utterly mind-numbing to and fro that you appear to revel in.

I’m happy you’re happy she’s running the club and that you see nothing in her past management of the club - or her general PR misdirection on any number of issues - that gives cause for alarm. I wish I had your sunny disposition and natural trust in people.

Edited by KemoAvdiu
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Jaf has asked them directly- no answer

I asked direct messages to the PTFC Trust on Twitter and the person who was DM me from it then blocked me when I asked about who put the statement out regarding due diligence when it was rubbished at AGM. Others I know have asked TFE and trust directly, no response.

Take of that what you will, but this isn’t fan engagement let alone fan ownership, the other things I’ve been told (if true) seems that TFE and the working group are rapidly falling apart, with only 2 of TFE left involved 

Let’s see then what happens 

2 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I’m sure you have a fairly good idea of what “running the club” means and can’t be arsed getting into the type of utterly mind-numbing to and fro that you appear to revel in.

I’m happy you’re happy she’s running the club and see nothing in her past management of the club - or her general PR misdirection on any number of issues - that gives cause for alarm. 

I’ll judge the current situation on what actually happens not  any prejudice and so far I don’t personally have any gripes maybe that will change 

your complaint as I understand it is that Colin weir has her involved in the club not any actual decisions 

12 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Yes she represents the owners who will be making decisions till ownership is transferred in April ....nothing unusual about that .... you can’t put  running the club on hold for  five months 

If  there is an old pals act going on who are the pals and what are they doing ? 

but to be honest ....you haven’t presented any evidence 

I recall that Dunfermline Jag ( solicitor ) was asked to go on the Inerim Board? Is that correct?

If so, Dunfermline Jag- can you let us know what is going on?

Has anybody left the Interim Board?  Is J Low back involved with the running of the Club?

Not asking you to divulge any sensitive information just clarify some points.

Thanks

Seems to me that for months we had posters coming on here telling us that the consortium buying the majority of shares would be "transformational" but when asked how, there was very little (if anything) put forward to back that up. We were told that we just had to believe. Now we have posters (maybe the same ones?) coming on and telling us that fan ownership will be disastrous for the club. We are still not offered any basis for those assertions just more rumour and innuendo. I for one will wait to see what transpires. I thought it would be a good platform to discuss the way forward when I started the fan ownership thread but that soon descended to petty name calling and every attempt at reasonable discussion usually goes the same way.

So what will be will be but I hope at the end of this we don't have the club that this forum seems to deserve.

Edited by scotty
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sandy said:

However this Fans Ownership pans out, we desperately need some clear & honest communication from the working group and the Interim Board.

In the absence of that, rumours about people leaving etc will inevitably arise. That will undermine fans trust in the process. 

100% common sense.

Which they don't appear to possess.

I do find it strange that a board just there for a few months seems to be making changes...I would have thought they were in place to maintain the club as is and support where necessary until the handover. Too many strange things going on and no explanation for them, along with the same old faces returning. The club stinks just now on and off the park!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Questions have to be asked. Absolutely right.

However the impression that I keep getting is that there are half a dozen or so posters who have been against this from the start, who have already decided that they have no trust in TFE and who will criticize anything that they do. It seems to be based on personalities who I have no knowledge of, and often shrouded in innuendo and rumour. And to be honest, from the outside, it completely turns me off your arguments. The impression is not of a valid critique, but of a campaign to undermine fan ownership before it has been given any opportunity to get started.

I, and I think most members of the forum, am positive about fan ownership as a principle but a bit nervous about how it will pan out. It obviously needs a degree of unity and cooperation which is not evident at the moment.

You may be right in your views, but this barrage from yourself and a small group who appear to have nothing positive to say will not win me over to your side of the argument. If anything I think it will polarise people to the other side. And polarisation of the fans is the last thing we need for the sake of Thistle.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, allyo said:

However the impression that I keep getting is that there are half a dozen or so posters who have been against this from the start, who have already decided that they have no trust in TFE and who will criticize anything that they do. It seems to be based on personalities who I have no knowledge of, and often shrouded in innuendo and rumour. And to be honest, from the outside, it completely turns me off your arguments. The impression is not of a valid critique, but of a campaign to undermine fan ownership before it has been given any opportunity to get started.

I, and I think most members of the forum, am positive about fan ownership as a principle but a bit nervous about how it will pan out. It obviously needs a degree of unity and cooperation which is not evident at the moment.

You may be right in your views, but this barrage from yourself and a small group who appear to have nothing positive to say will not win me over to your side of the argument. If anything I think it will polarise people to the other side. And polarisation of the fans is the last thing we need for the sake of Thistle.

You will probably find that these posters ( including myself), have been against fan ownership since it was announced and not because of certain individuals.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, allyo said:

Looks to me like people mix up 'opinions' with 'facts'. If they could fix that problem perhaps the forum generally would be slightly more optimistic as to the future of PTFC over the next 12 months? [or am I kidding myself on?]

1 hour ago, allyo said:

There were half a dozen (or more) posters who were against the consortium form the start who had no trust in same; they criticised everything they did.

There was no valid critique only a campaign to undermine consortium bid before any opportunity to get started. It was a barrage from a small group with nothing positive to say.

Funnily enough I don't recall you pointing that out at the time. You didn't complain about polarisation  of the fans as a result of this.

So don't try to feed us any bogus neutrality about your position.

• Like 2